Transmission Bolt part number/Re-tapping trans bolt holes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transmission Bolt part number/Re-tapping trans bolt holes

I have a major issue on my hands here. I have a Prelude with a F22B1 engine and a M2S4 transmission. About a week ago I noticed the transmission was having trouble shifting normally. I open the bonnet and notice that there was about 1/8 inch gap between the block and the transmission. I drove it home just fine and everything and then I notice an oil spill. I research and prayed that it wasn't the rear main seal gong bad. I checked what kind of oil had spilled thankfully it was pretty clear (MTF!!!). My girlfriend had hard a pop 2 weeks ago and asked me about it but I didn't see anything wrong at first, then the above mentioned happen. Now I have stripped holes where the tranny bolts belong (not all of them just 2 holes so far), I also noticed that not all of the bolts in in the first place to begin with. I can try to get pics later. Long story short, what can one do to fill the holes and retap them and what is the part number for tranny bolts (I know the starter one is longer than the others, its's been a while)?

Thanks in advance!
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

first off, thank you for your service to all of us

here you are

M12x1.25 bolts 60 80 105 mm in length

hope these work as honda does not list them
    Last edited by bobbycos; 11-13-2013, 01:03 AM.
    http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bobbycos View Post
      first off, thank you for your service to all of us

here you are

M12x1.25 bolts 60 80 105 mm in length

hope these work as honda does not list them
      Thank you very much!!! 2 ways!

We can't do our job without you guys in the rear!!!
      The CB7 Collector.
      Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Originally posted by deevergote
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
        Thank you very much!!! 2 ways!

We can't do our job without you guys in the rear!!!
        you are welcome !!!!!!!!!!!

i ordered mine from Mcmaster-Carr

if you can get to a j/y just yank em off any 4 cyl honda, the sizes should be the same corporate wide

for example, the bellhousing bolts on my malibu are 3/8-16 x 1-3/4 which was the same as my vega/monza/impala and the catalina i had for a few months
        http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
        X