Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel the need to rant about silly folks.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel the need to rant about silly folks.

I remember now why I came back here. The levels of dumbass are far far far lower here than they on the facebook page (please forgive my foul word there). I know it's been said before, I am sure others have ranted. Dude on cut springs thinking it's OK to ride like that. His best retort was: "I have seat belts, it'll be fine.", of course that came with his bad grammar and punctuation. If I had mod I would have deleted the said post myself. If there is one thing you guys here have taught me, it's to do the right thing. Don't be cheap, dumb and stupid. I try to share there, what I have learned here and it's like you just can't fix stupid. I usually don't vent much at all, but some things about that facebook drive me nuts!

There is a CD5 Tribute site, that is many times worse in some cases. A guy there had the purple HID kit in his car, and I told him he would hate it later. Of course prior to this I asked if that was the cam doing weird stuff (just to check and see more or less) or did he specifically pick that color. He proceeds to tell me he picked them because they looked cool.
    I proceeded to tell him that that color can't be seen as well due to how the color spectrum works and how the human eye works, and that in bad conditions it's even worse. His retort to my statement was this: "I live in Cali so not much bad weather here.", I retorted with this: "I live in Florida, so I kinda know." (Mind you all I am paraphrasing here). I subtly explained that he should get at least the 4300K or the 6000K HID's so he can be safe about it, as I know from experience.

Sorry for being so long winded. I just worry about why some of these folks are on the road sometimes and why they are allowed to get away with such dumb shit all the time. I am off my soap box now and need to head to bed. Take care.

Happy
    The CB7 Collector.
    Team Kindred Impulse Member #3
    92 LX Coupe F22A1
    2013 Toyota Corolla S
    92 EX Sedan F22A1
    Originally posted by deevergote
    Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

I actually forgot about the CB7 FB group until now, it's been so long since I was there. I left for these same reasons. So do yourself a favor and just leave. There is no helping those folks who choose to do these unsafe things. And come'on, they're only in there to show others how "cool" they are; only there to get the approval from others on their latest mod/fad.

Lately driving in public the HIDs in projector housings is really getting to me on a new level. Yesterday as a mazda car passed me with his 8K HID crazy shit lights I purposely pulled in behind him and followed him with my high beams on for as long as I could. He knew what I was doing, he braked, and slowed down, etc., but I just stayed 15-20 feet behind him at all times to make sure my highs got all 3 of his mirrors. But his lights were beyond bright, beyond glaring, and were very annoying! What bothers met he most is that the police do nothing against this illegal act. Well, .... they may be doing something but I don't see it.

But please rant away, i enjoy such discussions. Seems we were all young and stupid at one point but this new generation of kids are taking it to a new level of idiocracy.

Comment

What kills me is where the find that this is Ok at all to do these things. Granted I had HID's without projectors, but they also were as close to white as possible. I wanted to get some projectors then I put my CB in a ditch and the poor thing has been sitting for a while. It's just like these guys with extreme camber that too drives me nuts a bit. I get it you are going to have some camber because being lowered that happens, even then that can be fixed. I had to get that off my chest, I felt like I was talking to a horse for real lol.
      The CB7 Collector.
      92 LX Coupe F22A1
      2013 Toyota Corolla S
      92 EX Sedan F22A1
      Do you really need to make a thread asking if having your car like this /---\ will cause uneven tire wear? Try walking like that for a few weeks and see if your shoes wear funny! (hint: they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
        What kills me is where the find that this is Ok at all to do these things. Granted I had HID's without projectors, but they also were as close to white as possible. I wanted to get some projectors then I put my CB in a ditch and the poor thing has been sitting for a while. It's just like these guys with extreme camber that too drives me nuts a bit. I get it you are going to have some camber because being lowered that happens, even then that can be fixed. I had to get that off my chest, I felt like I was talking to a horse for real lol.
        Driving down home the other week (2 hour highway driving) and it is winter here (salt, pot holes, etc.) I came up to a VW Bug lowered with extreme camber!!! Doing 80kph with a dummy tire on the back

All I could think was "hope you learned your lesson buddy".

Comment

I had to leave the CB7tuner FB group. Again.

Far too many idiots on there. Once I get my partout going, I may re-join to take whatever money I can get from those idiots (in fair exchange for parts, of course... not looking to rip anyone off, idiots or not.) I'm going to be selling whatever I can here first, though. Real CB7tuners over fake ones!

Facebook truly caters to the instant gratification crowd. They want their answers NOW. They want praise for every little thing they do (even if that little thing is simply owning a car.) They want the cheap and/or easy answer above all else. Any attempt to explain why it's a bad idea is met with insults, resistance, and at least one guy claiming to have done it and "it been fine". Sharing knowledge and experience to explain why something is dangerous, unreliable, or simply a bad idea will get you called a "hater", and accused of stifling someone's creativity.
          I got so fed up with it that I was getting unreasonably grumpy. Didn't help that I had a few kiddies following me around trying to pick a fight constantly. Most of the other experienced, mature, sensible people on that group were much like I was (and those that remain probably still are.) They're fed up with the idiocy, and trying their best to reverse the flow... determined ants in a flash flood. Some of the biggest "assholes" on the CB7tuner Facebook group are some of the nicest, most helpful, most intelligent CB7tuners I know. I kinda feel sorry for the morons that piss them off and ignore everything they say. They're rejecting a valuable resource in favor of an easy fix.

Now that I'm without my CB7, I have no desire to mingle with that crowd. The people here are the ones I want to know. It's sad that the level of activity has dropped so significantly on here, but the quality of it has not declined one bit.
          CB7tuner.com makes me want to be a better person. The CB7tuner Facebook makes me want to kick babies.

Comment

kick babies... lol.

Lately I've come to the realization that FB was a fad, and unlike ICQ back in the day (the friends I had on my list I hung out with, were in my neighborhood, etc.) it took over my life for a bit. Besides the groups I admin, I removed all my FB "friends" (realizing they are not my true friends, they will not come to my house and help me, or want to hang out), and stopped using FB. And life felt kind of alone for a bit. I also realized how much time I was wasting on it. Hours a day wasted just browsing it. And for what...........................................? I'm not making money from it, I'm not gaining real true friends, and I'm certainly not gaining anything in life from it. In fact, the opposite was happening. I was isolating myself away from people, I was the guy playing on his phone when hanging out with family/friends at dinner, and it was stopping me from my real hobbies that I enjoy doing, and/or making money by educating myself in things that matter.

One day I realized (thank god I'm a 90's child) that if there were no FB and no CB7, what would I do? The answer was easy, the same thing I did before in my life. Work on things that make me happy, things i enjoy! Working on the car, riding my mountain bike, playing drums. I did these things because I enjoyed them. I feel bad for teens these days that have to be involved in snapchat, FB, Pinterest, etc, etc. (and i'm sure they feel bad for me as I'm "missing out". )

And I know there are other car enthusiasts who are not on this site, not on FB, and just simply doing their own thing. And I look up to them. People often come up to me in public and say "Why haven't I seen that car around man", and my response is "I don't sit in parking lots every weekend or paste it around social media. I enjoy working on it."

I do it because I like doing it and I could care less if anyone ever sees it.

Now the one exception is this site. I try to inspire people as others have done to me. Yes, the crowd has dispersed some for this site but it is expected with a 23 year old car. And the "kids" are gone which I enjoy too! It wouldn't bother me one bit if there were 20 people on this site in 5 years, as long as we were still a close community that helped each other.

Comment

That's kinda why I had to take a hiatus from doing car stuff, but I was doing my other favourite thing and that is playing with computers and such, websites, server things, Linux and the like. I remember when I first came here, all I could do was go through the MRT and look at other CB7's, still do. This where I know the good quality stuff is. There was a time I spent more time here than facebook (born 80's, grew up 90's). Now my time is just kinda everywhere, trying to start up a business and what not it gets to be quite time consuming really.
              The CB7 Collector.
              92 LX Coupe F22A1
              2013 Toyota Corolla S
              92 EX Sedan F22A1

Comment

Originally posted by HappyGilmore View Post
                Now my time is just kinda everywhere, trying to start up a business and what not it gets to be quite time consuming really.
                QFT

FB is sooooo time consuming. That's why I got off of it. I know I have tons of family on there, but they don't have to know all my moves all the time. My "friends" are typical the people I went to school with and everybody else is just a spectator.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

Not that it's hard, but I've been determined to keep away from social media (unless forums are considered part of that; I'm active in two). Facebook, for instance, seems to exist so people can tell everyone who doesn't care about their "status" and post pics of the food they're eating... I once watched a middle aged woman in a grocery store Starbucks take a picture of the tiny sample cup next to a full cup and her friend's hand, saying she was going to post it... ugh.

I do hope FB, Twitter, etc drop off. I know they would just be replaced by something similar, but it actually irks me to hear people talk about these things like they're a regular part of life. And you cant go anywhere without half the people around you tapping away on their smart phones. Personally, I don't get how people can be so okay with putting their personal lives out there for the world to track... it's dangerous and stupid. The government alone is being given more and more ways to keep tabs on everybody. Sounds extreme but I hear banks might even start cracking down on people using cash over cards, because it's untraceable. Ah, but I'm getting off topic here...

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Now i know why i havent been seeing alot of people on the facebook group.

Good,

Ive stopped paying attention to it too, Except for whoreing photos when im bored :P.

The forum is much better because it requires effort.
                    sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

After all the threads before this one and then this one, I used my wife's facebook account too go check out the train wreck.
                      My god it's worse than you all let on.
                      I am so glad I don't have a facebook account and I found this site when I did
                      CB7TUNER.com
                      Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by lbus9168 View Post
                        the Forum Is Much Better Because It Requires Effort.
                        Lolwut?

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                          Lolwut?
                          What I mean, is that on the forum you have to actually speak English, you don't get instant answers, and it requires time and patience. Facebook is just the quick and dirty solution, I think the forum is better because people that can't be bothered writing here usually don't make it past 30 posts.

Does that make sense?
                          sold! But here's my build thread for those interested.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=206864

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
                            Not that it's hard, but I've been determined to keep away from social media (unless forums are considered part of that; I'm active in two). Facebook, for instance, seems to exist so people can tell everyone who doesn't care about their "status" and post pics of the food they're eating... I once watched a middle aged woman in a grocery store Starbucks take a picture of the tiny sample cup next to a full cup and her friend's hand, saying she was going to post it... ugh.

I do hope FB, Twitter, etc drop off. I know they would just be replaced by something similar, but it actually irks me to hear people talk about these things like they're a regular part of life. And you cant go anywhere without half the people around you tapping away on their smart phones. Personally, I don't get how people can be so okay with putting their personal lives out there for the world to track... it's dangerous and stupid. The government alone is being given more and more ways to keep tabs on everybody. Sounds extreme but I hear banks might even start cracking down on people using cash over cards, because it's untraceable. Ah, but I'm getting off topic here...
                            And kids these days don't care about privacy laws. They don't realize the consequences. And it may not affect their lives, but when it does they are screwed. What get's me is that kids are judged by how many friends they have on FB. Kids are hiring professional photographers to take pictures of them so they get more likes than others. Watched a youtube video of a 13 year old girl, dressed like a hoe, with some photographer taking pictures of her in ..... "sexual positions" (on all 4, bikinis, etc.). She'll pick the ones she likes and post them on FB to get the maximum likes. Then of course when kids make fun of other kids online they kill themselves. ...... Sad sad word.

I gotta bring this up, but lately (past 6 months) my girlfriend who lives with me now has a phone addiction. On the phone when we go for drives, go out to eat, hang out, watch movies, do anything! 2 weeks ago I told her if she didn't stop this non-sense I'm simply going to stop hanging out with her.
                            Nothing pisses me off more when I ask her to watch a movie with me, come for a drive, go grab a coffee and I look over and she's on her phone. So ya, lately it's becoming a problem.

Nevermind that I see kids now with 6 gopro's and every spoiled kid has a youtube channel. WTF is with every kid now having a youtube channel?? Watched one last night of a 17 year old buying a GTR.........., and I was like..... who.. the.. F.... watches ..this crap?? (Answer = all the other 17 year old kids)

Most days I wish I could go back in time. The 80's will do

Comment

The CB7 page made me delete my Facebook. (Not really). I went in there to see what it was about, and didn't even bother posting. The questions are just dumb, and have been answered 10,000 times over. I think EVERY question on there can be answered with a redirected link to this site.

I did enjoy the pictures of people's cars though.

Edit: back in time yes, the late 80's though. I would like a new CRX, or GTI.
                              Last edited by F22Chris; 01-14-2016, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X