Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Rear sway bar help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear sway bar help!

Hey, I'm completing the suspension but I can't figure out how the rer sway bar is supposed to be mounted.

If anyonr can please post a picture even with the arms on the ends where they go. Thanks

Are you using an OEM rear sway bar on a car that originally didn't have one, or is this an aftermarket bar?
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

OEM my friend.

Comment

Not the best photo, but I think this helps you out.

Edit:

free photo hosting
        Last edited by NolsAccord_CC1; 04-13-2018, 12:00 PM.

Comment

If you have the equivalent of the US LX (without rear sway bar), you will need the rear cross member from the equivalent of the EX or SE which has brackets for the sway bar. The ends attach to the trailing arm as shown above (the holes exist in the LX trailing arm).
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I'll write myself a reminder & take a picture of all the mounting points if you would like when I get off of work today.

It is just the two bushings that hold onto the rear cross member & the two links that connect to the trailing arm like the picture.
            Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
              If you have the equivalent of the US LX (without rear sway bar), you will need the rear cross member from the equivalent of the EX or SE which has brackets for the sway bar. The ends attach to the trailing arm as shown above (the holes exist in the LX trailing arm).

It is also possible to use rivet nuts. You hold the swaybar in place with the mounting brackets and mark the spots where the holes should be. Then drill holes in those spots and install rivet nuts, which are a sort of threaded insert. That is what we did on our race car and it has held through thousands of miles of endurance racing.
              ==========================
              1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
              1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
              Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
              Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
              M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
              Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

Working...
              X