No announcement yet.

Bring a Trailer JDM (real) CB Accord!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many of the exclusive jdm models were made in the US. I think they actually made some of those si-t models here! Plopped a 150hp dohc engine in them and sent them across the sea.

Comment

i feel like this car would get a better price if it were listed somewhere like ebay, rather than a random auction site. somebody might be able to get this for a real steal, especially considering it has already been imported and is ready to go...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

I don't even care about most of that JDM stuff. I've already got the folding mirrors and one-piece headlights I wanted. I'm just after the slim side trim now. If, say I was interested in getting the Accord in the OP, I'd sell the front bumper and fenders with all those extra lights. Part of me thinks having the stock deck would be cool, and I'd just hide a single-DIN in the glovebox, but realistically I'd want a double-DIN with navigation, so I'd get rid of that stock setup too. The engine and trans would obviously go, and even little things like the "2.0 Si-T" emblem, I'm sure others would love to have. The gauge cluster would eventually go. I'm not sure I like the orange clock...

The main draw with an import would be a rust-free body and an interior that isn't worn out. Plus the novelty of RHD.

On a side note, that sedan needs a deep cleaning. There is wax or polish residue everywhere.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I think a lot of people looking for unique collector cars or projects frequent BaT. I get more links from friends for that site than pretty much anything else! It's not really a "random auction site". It's developing a pretty regular following.
          I think it's cool because you practically never find someone's POS beater on there, and the writeup is usually pretty interesting. It's never "sellin mah honduh runs gud has coils n weels got like 15k invested buy this collectors item now!" with a rusty, dented, sticker-bombed junker. The cars on BaT are always stuff you want to show your friends.

Comment

Originally posted by CyborgGT View Post
            I don't even care about most of that JDM stuff. I've already got the folding mirrors and one-piece headlights I wanted. I'm just after the slim side trim now. If, say I was interested in getting the Accord in the OP, I'd sell the front bumper and fenders with all those extra lights. Part of me thinks having the stock deck would be cool, and I'd just hide a single-DIN in the glovebox, but realistically I'd want a double-DIN with navigation, so I'd get rid of that stock setup too. The engine and trans would obviously go, and even little things like the "2.0 Si-T" emblem, I'm sure others would love to have. The gauge cluster would eventually go. I'm not sure I like the orange clock...

The main draw with an import would be a rust-free body and an interior that isn't worn out. Plus the novelty of RHD.

On a side note, that sedan needs a deep cleaning. There is wax or polish residue everywhere.
            I think if I got an Si-T, I'd have a hard time pulling the engine out in favor of something else. That engine is largely what makes it an Si-T!
            I'd almost prefer to have something that wasn't RHD. RHD seems cool, but it gets annoying. Especially on LHD roads, where visibility can suffer. Of course, my next major purchase will likely be RHD... but only because the car I'm aiming for didn't come in LHD form until the late 90s (and I'm going to need one that's 25 years old, and pre-1995 so I don't have to worry about inspection in NJ!)

Comment

Haha, that reminds me of this:

https://fortcollins.craigslist.org/c...164226883.html

4WS Prelude, has been sitting for sale since at least October. I badly want a 4WS Prelude of that generation, but that paint scheme is terrible, and if you look close in some of the photos, you can see it has that lone sticker-bombed fender. I could buy it, but it would just sit until I could afford a paint job. I don't have the room, in physical space or budget, for a third-priority project.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                I'd almost prefer to have something that wasn't RHD. RHD seems cool, but it gets annoying. Especially on LHD roads, where visibility can suffer.
                Ah, but I've thought of that. LHD or RHD, no matter what I end up with, I'm installing a little forward-facing camera on the passenger side door mirror. Like a reverse camera that feeds to the double-DIN display, only to allow me to see around the apartment buildings people drive these days.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

Good idea!

Comment

Dude, they have a friggin' 1991 Honda Beat on BaT right now! I forgot all about these after I stopped playing GT2!

"This Pininfarina-designed roadster is said to be the last car that Soichiro Honda approved for production."

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1991-honda-beat-6/
                    *** Think of others before thinking of yourself. ***
                    ********** Spread love, not hate. ***********
                    ****Lift others up with kind and helpful words****

F20A_CB7, I miss you, but I will see you one day.
                    "Nothing a little prayer can't fix."

MRT
                    Selling on Ebay!

15.10 @ 90.42mph
                    The quest for 9s ceased, now the goal is a circuit track monster!
                    Current fastest Laguna Seca Lap: 1:52.889

Comment

I think if I wanted a kei car, I'd get a Cappuccino.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

I've been eyeing Beats pretty regularly for the past few years. They're coming here pretty regularly. $5000 or so is what they seem to go for pretty regularly.

Comment

Working...
                        X