Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

ABS modulator cap leaking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ABS modulator cap leaking

So I ended up finding out what is causing my CB7 to leak brake fluid and it happens to be the ABS modulator. I know I can do an ABS delete and that'd fix it but I don't have the sources to get that done and stuff. I was wondering if I removed the fuses for the ABS system would that stop the system from taking brake fluid from the brake system, therefore stopping the leak?

By your cap leaking do you mean your modulator is overflowing or is the reservoir cracked? Is your abs light on? Have you bled the brakes or abs modulator? It might be easier fixed than just removed.
    5 studded & leather clad - Praise The Lowered

~Mark~

Comment

There really isn't a good reason to delete your abs, if you can either repair or replace the part in question.

Comment

The abs reservoir is overflowing. I realized that after posting, my bad. My father suggested the idea that the cap was causing the leak. But as I look around the abs modulator area, I see a whole bunch of brake fluid eating paint damage (my aem intake has it's paint peeling off ). In all honesty, I don't want to delete it, but I've read the DIY for repairing an abs modulator and holy cow, I'd rather tear shit up haha

Comment

The ABS system doesn't "take" fluid from the conventional system. That's the reason it has it's own reservoir.

You may just need another o-ring for the reservoir. It may not be a difficult repair. Time to get dirty my friend.

YouTube Clicky!!

Comment

If it isn't taking fluid from the computer conventional system then why do I constantly have to refill brake fluid in the master cylinder?

Comment

Do you have your abs light on? Start with that first. If not I would bleed your abs and then brakes. These are easy things to do. Get one of those simple self bleeder units at the auto parts store and I can walk you through bleeding your abs. If your abs light is on I can walk you through reading that too. I've had every dash light on in my car and fixed all of them. These cars can seem complicated sometimes but after 24 yrs there's a diy for just about every problem lol.

~Mark~

Comment

The ABS light is on but its only becacuse I removed the fuses to see if that would solve the problem. And I realized just now that I left those fuse back home so I won't be able to get them until the weekend. I appreciate the help. I think I may try bleeding the system first, but I will do that on Friday

Comment

Yeah no prob. When you put your fuses back in wait a few miles to see if the abs light comes on. Then we read it to see if you have some problem like "pump over run" which is common but fixable or a sensor out etc. if all is well then I would definitely bleed that abs. Some nasty stuff could spew out of those lines if it hasn't been done in a long time. Mine were awful. The brake lines as well.

~Mark~

Comment

When I think about it, I can only imagine what's going to come out of the brake system after bleeding them. I'll try to work on them this Friday hopefully

Comment

Working...
                    X