Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

CB3 on steelies from Finland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not much have happened in the garage lately.. Started to weld in the new quarter panel. Also got a great deal of black leather seats from a 1995 CC7(?) Accord and a new front bumper. I could get the 5-lug parts from a 1997 Prelude, but I'm not sure if I should go with them or not...

Out with the old:

In with the new:

Stay tuned...

Comment

ugh bodywork.
      I admire you

Comment

If you get the 5 lug swap from the prelude, for the front make sure to get the lower control arms and radius arms, if your stock height grab the upper control arms as well.
        It's kinda nice turning the front end suspension/steering/braking into a prelude.
        CB7TUNER.com
        Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
          If you get the 5 lug swap from the prelude, for the front make sure to get the lower control arms and radius arms, if your stock height grab the upper control arms as well.
          It's kinda nice turning the front end suspension/steering/braking into a prelude.
          The deal includes the whole spindle, lower control arms, calibers, rotors.. I'm not even close to stock height

Comment

Originally posted by dcelf View Post
            ugh bodywork.
            I admire you
            Haha thanks man!!

Comment

FML... Been thinkin that maybe I should just find a better shell. The current one is so badly rotted it's not worth saving. I will weld the rest of the quarter panels and make it look good on the outside, but won't spend too much time with how the inner arches and rocker panels look like. Won't leave any holes there either And since it's a pain in the ass to find an rust free or even a decent condition shell in Finland and they usually cause more than a grand, I might just swap the motor and suspension on a 5th. gen pre-facelift Accord... The one that has the same looking front end with 4th. gen Prelude.

Or I could always sell my Mitsubishi, my Civic and my Saab and buy weicco's cóupe. Really don't know. Or just leave the Honda-game and buy a real car

Comment

I got her running again. New transmission in it's place. The reving problem is also gone. Revs easily to 7k. Now back to the body work...

I'll just leave these here...

Comment

Whats up guys!

Not much have happened lately due to lost of interest to this car. Well at least I bought an 9293 front bumper, since my old 9091 bumper was in bad shape. While I was at it I decided to swap the trunk lid to 9293 one also. Now I just need to buy 9293 headlights and a better grill to make the front look better.

Well, here's a picture for ya guys...

Stay tuned!

Comment

Hi,

It's been from -17 to over -30 degrees of Celsius for two weeks now, and my garage doesn't keep warm air in very well so not much have happened either.

Few weeks ago the car ran on three cylinders so I decided to buy new spark plugs. Problem solved and she ran like champ. I let it idle until the engine was at it's operating temperature and I reved a few times. Somewhere near 7krpm something happened and now it doesnt run at all. Cranks well and tries, but runs on two? cylinders and dies immediately. There's also a loud knocking when she fire's up...

I took of the distributor and cranked the engine, and I think the knocking was gone. Can't tell for sure though... The next day my brother came to help me and he sat in the car and I listened the engine, and to me it deffinetely sounds like a spun connection rod bearing. I double checked the valve clearance and timing also and they were good.

I think I'll have to drop off the oil pan and check the bearings... I'm thinking of getting a F22A3 since I found one laying around my friends garage, but the owner wants fucking 250€ for engine that havent ran in years! I'd like togo full retard and boost the F22A3. 9.5:1 CR + boost

Anyways I've managed to make some progress on the body. Both rear panels are completely welded. Just a little bondo here and there and they'll be OK. Here's a pic.

I'm still not sure what colour I want this pile of shit to be... How about PINK? I'm also looking for a set of nice 17x8.5'' front & 17x9'' rear wheels. Too bad there's not too many options with this bolt pattern that I wouldn't have to give my left testicle for.

Comment

That is one of the reasons the 5 lug swap is popular. More options, more affordable.
                      CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Uhm... I'm really not sure how to put this.

I might be getting a CB9 soon.

Comment

Why wait, it should be in your possession already.
                          CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Originally posted by cb9love View Post
                            Why wait, it should be in your possession already.
                            That's true! Can you imagine that the CB9 is quite rare in Finland. I've maybe seen it twice in my life. They usually are in bad shape and expensive as fuck considering they're poorly maintened and rusted.

The one I'm getting showed up at local sales list few months ago and the seller wanted 400€ for it. Now the price is 150€ so I called him, and said I'll pick it up when I get my salary and he said it's cool and that he can store it for me.

The car has couple small issues like rotted exhaust, jumping idle and airbag light flashing every now and then but other than those it's just fine.

TO-DO-LIST for the CB9 when I pick her up:

-Timing belt
                            -Water pump
                            -Oil and filter
                            -Valve adjustment
                            -Brakes if needed
                            -Clean up the nasty interior
                            -Fix other issues that might show up

TO-DO-LIST for the CB3 sedan:

-Finish the body work
                            -Paint it
                            -Change the connection rod bearings and check for marks in crack
                            -Put it back together
                            -New wheel bearings front
                            -New brake discs and pads rear
                            -Get it registered
                            -BRAAAAAAAAAAABB
                            Last edited by CB3F20A2; 01-23-2016, 10:48 AM.

Comment

The poor CB8

So I on monday I picked up the wagon! Turns out she has these "Honda of 'Murica" badges on her. The interior was so filthy I didn't feel comfortable sitting in it before I got drunk! (A good friend of mine drove the car to my place from where we bought it. Police officer took my license off of me for getting three tickets per year, but i'll get it back soon and I've learned my lesson!) But all the interior parts are in one piece and they cleaned up well, and the car doesn't smell like anything it should not.

The F22A7 pulls strong and nice, and the suspension has lot's of new OEM parts on it so the ride is smooth also. She's a bit rough from here and there (mainly the rear wheel arches are done poorly, surprise surprise...), but with lot's of TLC she'll be OK for a daily.

Edit: So it turns out that the low beam harness is completely ruined by some moron... Glad I have plenty of spare parts from the first CB I owned, so I have all the wiring and plugs for resoldering the harness. While I'm at it I will blackhouse the headlights and clean up the engine bay a bit. It'll take few days before I can get to the car so no updates coming soon. Stay tuned!
                              Last edited by CB3F20A2; 02-03-2016, 12:14 PM.

Comment

It looks alike mine did when I first got it.
                                Generally dirty and funky, nothing a little elbow grease won't take care of.
                                Except you already got a black dash, mine came with a gray dash with the gray interior.
                                CB7TUNER.com

Comment

Working...
                                X