1991 Honda Accord SE Gold Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1991 Honda Accord SE Gold Edition

So I found something I didn't even know existed, for our cars a couple of weeks ago. I also found it out in the wild, which seems even more rare. Even with all the years I've been reading about our 4th generation Accord's, I though I knew all there was to know about them. I found something I haven't even read about on our forums.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Let me introduce to you all the 1991 Honda Accord SE Gold Edition!

1991 Accord SE Gold Edition 1

1991 Accord SE Gold Edition 2 (Yes, the faces are chrome plated or highly polished aluminum, and all of the insets are painted gold. Also the "H" isn't painted on like every other center cap. It's an additional piece added to it, much like the some of the Acura wheels have.)

1991 Accord SE Gold Edition 3

I haven't really been able to find much information about this online. I haven't done a lot of looking but I couldn't even find a reference to it. It also has the usual gold emblem kit and grill. But it's the wheels and the badge that really got me. I didn't notice anything else on the exterior that was out of the ordinary. I also didn't look through the windows to see the interior. I didn't want to look like I was scoping out the car to rob it in the mall parking lot.
    MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

hmmmmmmm i would normally call BS, but the gold pinstripe around the top of the trunk......

Comment

it seems to me that it is a normal 91 SE with the Gold Trim package (the pinstripe, emblems, grille, etc are normal) but the off-brand styling of the HONDA GOLD EDITION emblem screams "aftermarket" to me, like somebody had a little golden plate engraved (another clue is the font used for the Gold Edition lettering: it is the standard/generic "engraved plate" font that has been used for decades.) I also think the wheels were "refinished" by an aftermarket company, and the owner must have been like "add some gold to the spokes!" ... my guess is that its probably an older gentleman, who grew up appreciating cadillacs, and wanted to make his car shiny and fancy.

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
      - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
      - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
      - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
      - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
      Current cars:
      - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
      - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

Originally posted by cp[mike] View Post
        it seems to me that it is a normal 91 SE with the Gold Trim package (the pinstripe, emblems, grille, etc are normal) but the off-brand styling of the HONDA GOLD EDITION emblem screams "aftermarket" to me, like somebody had a little golden plate engraved (another clue is the font used for the Gold Edition lettering: it is the standard/generic "engraved plate" font that has been used for decades.) I also think the wheels were "refinished" by an aftermarket company, and the owner must have been like "add some gold to the spokes!" ... my guess is that its probably an older gentleman, who grew up appreciating cadillacs, and wanted to make his car shiny and fancy.
        I think you're definitely on the right path. Probably a dealer trying to woo over domestic car buyers in the early 1990's. It's just like the awful landau roofs you'll see on random cars over the years.

Comment

I think cp[mike] nailed it on the head.

The emblem is pretty generic. Honda would have used their standard logo with ‘Gold Edition” either right down below it like the 10th anniversary emblem, or as a separate emblem like their Special Edition emblems.

Also both the ‘Accord’ and ‘Honda’ trunk emblems have a slight curve to them. That emblem doesn’t seem to have any sort of curve to it at all, pretty flat (the top right edge is jutting out a bit too much).

Plus side, whomever owned/owns it is keeping it pretty damn clean.
          Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Center caps are a give away.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              Plus side, whomever owned/owns it is keeping it pretty damn clean.
              Agreed! Always cool to see a cared-for CB out in the wild. And in this case, not just any run-of-the-mill model, but a gold-trimmed SE that somebody realized is not very common. Thanks for sharing, and I hope you put a note about cb7tuner on their door! I usually try to stick something under the door handle...

- 1993 Accord LX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (wrecked)
              - 1991 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1990 Accord EX - Grey sedan (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - White sedan (sold)
              - 1992 Accord EX - White coupe (sold)
              - 1993 Accord EX - Grey coupe (stolen)
              - 1993 Accord SE - Gold coupe (sold)
              Current cars:
              - 2005 Subaru Legacy GT Wagon - Daily driver
              - 2004 Chevrolet Express AWD - Camper conversion

Comment

No kidding. Those rear quarters are remarkable.

Not my cup of tea however, it's the quality of work and attention to detail that I appreciate. That and it's definitely well maintained and care for. Can't say I've ever owned a cleaner CB myself.

Thanks for sharing.

Comment

I'll actually do that Mike. I'll leave them a note, but it was still cool to see, it none the less. I've seen it a few times now, so I think someone has a job at one of the stores in the mall. I'll leave a note the next time I see it. I cut through the mall parking lot to get home, cuts a bunch of crap out of the drive home.
                  MRT: 1993 Honda Accord SE Coupe (Lola)

Comment

Wow. Pretty cool find. I hardly see any SEs in any shape; let alone in pristine condition.

Thanks for sharing with us. I would love to know what company did the wheels for this gentleman/lady because they look really good. Minus the center caps IMHO.
                    Not a fan of the gold plate but I do like seeing gold emblem kits. I have never seen one in the wild with a gold kit either.

Comment

That license plate, how many DB. Probably a black guy that does audio competitions.
                      I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                        That license plate, how many DB. Probably a black guy that does audio competitions.
                        He's got some gold subs to go with the car inside.
                        For Sale Thread CLICK HERE!

1991 CB9 EX Wagon

1990 CB7 EX Sedan

1997 RA1 LX Wagon

CB7Tuner Discord CLICK ME! -- http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...02#post3285402

Comment

Originally posted by BreckAConner View Post
                          He's got some gold subs to go with the car inside.
                          I bet they're "JDM" gold subs.
                          I'm faster then a prius

Comment

I know that the sticker price on the SE back in 1991 topped out at 17k. Can't imagine those are factory add ons. Friend of mine owns a Solaris Silver one with the window sticker which I thought was really neat.

And as far as the Cobalt Blue one those seem to be a lot more common (I've found 3 at a junkyard not to far from where I live) and I even came across one that I thought was clean until I saw the massive rust on the rear quarters. Although it did have all four OEM window visors.
                            Last edited by HenRoc; 07-30-2017, 09:20 AM.
                            Henry R
                            Koni/Neuspeed
                            1992 Accord LX R.I.P
                            1993 Accord EX OG since 'o3
                            Legend FSM

'You see we human beings are not born with prejudices, always they are made for us,
                            made by someone who wants something' -1943 US War Department video

Comment

That white leather.....wow

Comment

Working...
                              X