Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

box next to oem air filter box with pigtail plug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

box next to oem air filter box with pigtail plug

what is it? it has a hose that runs to the intake manifold and looks like it has a wastegate in it lol
    Last edited by accordlove; 07-27-2017, 01:36 PM.

Originally posted by accordlove View Post
    what is it? it hs a hose that runs to the intake manifold and looks like it has a wastegate in it lol
    The black vacuum box on the inside of the fender on top of the two plastic intake pipes for the air cleaner box? The "waste gate" in the lower pipe is closed up to about 3500 rpm so that air is taken in only through the upper pipe and the lower pipe is open to the resonator inside the fender to reduce intake noise. Above 3500 rpm, the valve in the lower pipe opens to allow both pipes to feed the filter box.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

so if i want to delete it i can?

Comment

Yes. I simply removed the box and plugged the vacuum line (or cap it at the manifold). This leaves both intake pipes to the filter box open all the time. I never bothered to remove the resonator inside the fender (doing so may make it more prone to pulling water in when splashing through puddles unless you block the two holes for the resonator).

I think at least the 93 LX/DX eliminated this box and simply run a single intake pipe with the lower one only connected to the resonator. On my wagon I installed a lower one with intake to reduce the restriction feeding the filter box.
        90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
        08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

I took everything out and left the factory filter box in. Still looks stock but sounds and breathes much better. I just need to get a K&N factory filter to gain another mpg or two.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
            Yes. I simply removed the box and plugged the vacuum line (or cap it at the manifold). This leaves both intake pipes to the filter box open all the time. I never bothered to remove the resonator inside the fender (doing so may make it more prone to pulling water in when splashing through puddles unless you block the two holes for the resonator).

I think at least the 93 LX/DX eliminated this box and simply run a single intake pipe with the lower one only connected to the resonator. On my wagon I installed a lower one with intake to reduce the restriction feeding the filter box.
            Thanks for the info man, the filter box has to be completely submerged in water to bog the engine out (my cold air intake got caught in a flash flood one year in my 99 accord lol). speaking of that car, it didnt have this lil box on it either and my last cb7 must've had it deleted because this is the first time ive seen one.

Originally posted by rustyaccord View Post
            I took everything out and left the factory filter box in. Still looks stock but sounds and breathes much better. I just need to get a K&N factory filter to gain another mpg or two.
            thats what im doing too and i noticed the random box in my OP. Thanks man.

Comment

k so i deleted it today and used the small hose that was on it an a zip tie to plug the port on the IM, took all the piping from the air box out, hosed and cleaned all the old dirt and leaves out from behind the headlight and under the battery and cleaned out the air filter and it sounds cool af! like i have a short ram intake but probably way better!

this is all on my new $350 project cb7 that i'll make a ride thread for once the ricer paint job is gone....

Comment

k so i deleted it today and used the small hose that was on it an a zip tie to plug the port on the IM, took all the piping from the air box out, hosed and cleaned all the old dirt and leaves out from behind the headlight and under the battery and cleaned out the air filter and it sounds cool af! like i have a short ram intake but probably way better!

this is all on my new $350 project cb7 that i'll make a ride thread for once the ricer paint job is gone....
                At one time I cut about a 3 inch hole in the bottom of the filter box, but my wife didn't like the growl.

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
                  At one time I cut about a 3 inch hole in the bottom of the filter box, but my wife didn't like the growl.
                  lol i HAVE to do this. My girl friend actually thinks it sounds cool the way it is now. it still has oem exhaust but i can tell some sections have been re done with slightly bigger piping and im pretty sure i have an EX muffler. i took my exhaust mani heat shield off the 1st day i drove it home and found a crack on port 4 i think is the one lol on the far left looking at the engine where they usually crack. so she sounds kinda ricey at the moment lol
                  Last edited by accordlove; 07-28-2017, 12:08 AM. Reason: Grammar n such

Comment

Can the pigtail be removed all together? Ive yet to find where it leads into, anyone fully delete it?

Comment

you don't want to go just removing wires for no reason.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
                      Originally posted by Stephen Fry
                      'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
                      Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Originally posted by steelbluesleepR View Post
                        you don't want to go just removing wires for no reason.
                        Im more or less just curious as to where they lead off into.. Like just single power, ground and control wires or something like that. excuse me if this doesn't make sense im just starting to actually dig in an learn about electrical and such.

Comment

Originally posted by PDXxCB7x503 View Post
                          Im more or less just curious as to where they lead off into.. Like just single power, ground and control wires or something like that. excuse me if this doesn't make sense im just starting to actually dig in an learn about electrical and such.
                          they go to your ecu so it can tell that lil valve to open or close at certain rpms, and im not sure what will happen if you splice them and jump them, just do what i, and im sure most have done, and tuck the connector off somewhere behind the head light.

Comment

they go to your ecu so it can tell that lil valve to open or close at certain rpms, and im not sure what will happen if you splice them and jump them, just do what i, and im sure most have done, and tuck the connector off somewhere behind the head light.
                            okay awesome thanks for the feedback!

Comment

The other option is to simply plug the vacuum line to the box and leave it connected electrically.

Comment

Working...
                              X