i dont know what to do...help me!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
    I had a CG... and honestly, the interior quality is inferior to the CB. The ergonomics and overall fit are stiff, and not as welcoming as the CB. It's not a bad car... but I let the car go with my ex, and I don't miss it one bit.

The auto transmission issues were only with the V6 models. The 4 cylinder models were fine. The only problems they had are the same problems that the CB autos have... owner ignorance and neglect. Fluid changes, especially with proper Honda fluid, aren't exactly common. Everyone knows to change the oil (and some actually do it...) but it seems that NOBODY changes the transmission fluid!

I told my ex to change her transmission fluid 3 years ago when she left. I don't think she has yet. At least I know that any general maintenance done to that car is done by 93twoodoorLX (her brother), so it's done right!
    oh ok. i thought it was ALL of the CGs trannys. i want a CG mainly to be able to do this with:

if i get a CG it'll just be slammed with some nice rims, tint and maybe a 50 shot. thats about it. i want the CB for performance reasons. the CG i want because since its newer, theres less work i have to do to it to make sure its reliable. the CB i know ill take the P/S, A/C, and CC out just because id never use them in the CB.

Comment

damn... so much hate for the CG......

I would say get it and do a BB6 dash swap... they look to me to be fairly similar.
      but i love the CG sedan chassis as a super close second from my CB as far as accords go.

Seriously, CG V6, 6 Speed swap. Slammed on some nice shoes and your golden

Comment

They look nice, but they're probably the lowest quality in terms of build and materials of all Accords. My old one always kinda felt stiff, glued on... and it had a faint scent of upholstery adhesive, even at 48k!

And to build one like that picture... yeah... have fun importing all those body parts!

Comment

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
          damn... so much hate for the CG......

I would say get it and do a BB6 dash swap... they look to me to be fairly similar.
          but i love the CG sedan chassis as a super close second from my CB as far as accords go.

Seriously, CG V6, 6 Speed swap. Slammed on some nice shoes and your golden
          like i said. i wouldnt do nothing to major to it. it would just be a DD. coilovers(sleeve/strut combo or some decent full coilovers), tint, rims, and thats about it. of course some interior like a good CD player, speakers, shift knob and boot. but if it is an auto and the auto is in a good shape, ill get it and keep it auto until it craps out on me. then ill get a 5spd swap.

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          They look nice, but they're probably the lowest quality in terms of build and materials of all Accords. My old one always kinda felt stiff, glued on... and it had a faint scent of upholstery adhesive, even at 48k!

And to build one like that picture... yeah... have fun importing all those body parts!
          lol. shouldnt be nothing to import. roll the fenders. a nice lip kit. thats about it. nothing JDM. lol.

Comment

yeah, they look clean, but...CB all day. alot cheaper to build a CB, reason why Im doing it.

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
              yeah, they look clean, but...CB all day. alot cheaper to build a CB, reason why Im doing it.
              cheaper all around too...cheaper parts, cheaper car, cheaper maintenance, cheaper insurance.

Sold too: Grumpys93, '93CB7Ex, Bunta, prodh22accord, SSMAccord, fleetw00d

Comment

Originally posted by baracuda View Post
                cheaper all around too...cheaper parts, cheaper car, cheaper maintenance, cheaper insurance.
                yeah, but you get to the point in life when cheap isn't cutting it. you want something that doesn't look as cheap as it is with little modification.

Comment

yeah, but you get to the point in life when cheap isn't cutting it. you want something that doesn't look as cheap as it is with little modification.
                  exactly. i think im starting to get to that point now. i dont want to have to worry about paint all the time. i want a car thats reliable out the box. ive rode in a CG before. smooth running cars too. interior doesnt much matter to me right now. just as long as it looks good, im happy.

if i do get a CG, i know i wont take out the A/C or P/S. those are two things i told myself i wouldnt delete if i did get one. this will be my DD and car i drive on trips. if i get another CB, i know ill delete the amenities because most arent well taken care of or watched thru out the life of the car so parts of them deteriorate. so me taking them off of a 17-20 year old car will just alleviate me of the headache later down the road.

dont get me wrong. i would LOVE to have a 2nd CB so i could sell the one i have and still another one as a project car instead of a project car/DD. just like a lot of people now, i think my taste are starting to change. if i do decide to get a CG, ill get a CB later and have it as my project. that way i can swap the motor out, take a few days to tear out the interior, and still be able to have a comfortable ride to work.
                  Last edited by Shadow1; 01-16-2010, 03:43 PM.

Comment

How about sell the CB, Drive my truck, Buy me a diamond with the money. Lol
                    Girlzgarageinc.com

Comment

Originally posted by 90accordgurl View Post
                      wow....wtf? i wont say a word. lmao. but driving the truck as a DD isnt an option. i refuse to pay $50-60 for gas every 5 days. lol.

did we just talk on the phone? lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow1 View Post
                        wow....wtf? i wont say a word. lmao. but driving the truck as a DD isnt an option. i refuse to pay $50-60 for gas every 5 days. lol.

did we just talk on the phone? lol.
                        Yea we did but i forgot to mention that last part.
                        Girlzgarageinc.com

Comment

My wife would say the same thing, except I already got her the diamond. She'll say "get me a Bimmer"

'09 Mini Cooper S (R56)

Comment

Yea we did but i forgot to mention that last part.
                            lol. figured you'd say that.

Originally posted by cb7pr View Post
                            My wife would say the same thing, except I already got her the diamond. She'll say "get me a Bimmer"
                            yeah. your not helping the situation. lmao.

Comment

CB's are only gonna get cheaper. im on the lookout for either a CG accord or a 240sx to get as a daily for my girl for now and for when i put the CB under the knife. I have some serious plans for this thing. If i get the 240, it'll become a project for tracking purposes after i finish the CB. the CG it either gonna become an H22 daily, or V6 6speed daily.

after that, ill start looking into my American muscle project.

Comment

CB's are only gonna get cheaper. im on the lookout for either a CG accord or a 240sx to get as a daily for my girl for now and for when i put the CB under the knife. I have some serious plans for this thing. If i get the 240, it'll become a project for tracking purposes after i finish the CB. the CG it either gonna become an H22 daily, or V6 6speed daily.

after that, ill start looking into my American muscle project.
                                thats my thing. i want a DD i can drop, put some nice rims on it and call it a day. if its a V6, maybe one day ill look into doing the 6spd swap. but ive been on the look out for a auto as a DD. so even a 4 cyl. CG will be fine. no H22 swap. nothing major.

put i wont do american tho....ugh. no american muscle for me. lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X