Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

want to put h22a in 97 civic hatch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

want to put h22a in 97 civic hatch

wanting to know if i put a h22a 5 speed motor and trany in my 97 civic can i use a p5m ecu in my civic since its an obd2 ecu, so i dont have to get jumper harness and a obd1 ecu since the motor and tranny came out of a 95 lude

You do realize that this site is for 90-93 Accords, right?

Yes, you should be able to use that P5M. H22A4 injectors and distributor will probably be necessary.

Comment

IIRC the P5M ECU has an immobilizer chip, so if you want to run that ECU you would also need to install the complete immobilizer system from an OBD2 Prelude.

You would be better off with an OBD2 P13 from a 1996 Prelude SiVTEC
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

the transmission wont fit, and youll have to use the B trans.

google H2B Kit, thatll get you in the right direction. get the hardware situated before you worry about the electronics.

Comment

That OBD2 P13 goes for a pretty penny. My last one sold on eBay for around $275. A JDM P13 will also do the trick. Still though, like Deev asked, why are you coming onto this forum to ask this?
          My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
            the transmission wont fit, and youll have to use the B trans.

google H2B Kit, thatll get you in the right direction. get the hardware situated before you worry about the electronics.
            The h22 transmission WILL fit and work just fine. You do not need to use a B tranny, but the h2b kit does allow for better axle angles and different gearing, also then you wont have to deal with the cable shifter.

Comment

Originally posted by Sordz View Post
              The h22 transmission WILL fit and work just fine. You do not need to use a B tranny, but the h2b kit does allow for better axle angles and different gearing, also then you wont have to deal with the cable shifter.
              mmhmm

Comment

Originally posted by Sordz View Post
                At least using a cable shifter on a rod-shifted car is fairly easy. Much easier than converting a cable-shifted car to rods...

The B series transmissions are superior to the H series, from what I've read. They're not an option for the CB7 without significant modification, but they would be for the Civic, obviously.

Comment

Working...
                X