No announcement yet.

SanJoCaF22DrAcc : 1991 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-polish complete after around 6-7 hours of work, and all worth it. I used a sanding block with 600, 800, 1000, 1500, 2000, and finally 3000 grit paper. Then, Armed with a drill, buffing pad and some 3M liquid polish, I ended up with this.

Next up is trim repair. these are more likely to end up black and not chrome because of this. I am hoping at least that the repair comes out strong. I plan on removing material with a Dremel, and filling the gaps with plastic epoxy to achieve this.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015
    MRT:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180919

Comment

Originally posted by SanJoCaF22DrAcc View Post
      Re-polish complete after around 6-7 hours of work, and all worth it. I used a sanding block with 600, 800, 1000, 1500, 2000, and finally 3000 grit paper. Then, Armed with a drill, buffing pad and some 3M liquid polish, I ended up with this.

Next up is trim repair. these are more likely to end up black and not chrome because of this. I am hoping at least that the repair comes out strong. I plan on removing material with a Dremel, and filling the gaps with plastic epoxy to achieve this.

Sick 1 piecers

Comment

Headlights are tits. Go to sleep!

Comment

arghhhh it's always looking good always
          VS

Mercyboy: I rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

MERCYBOY THREAD:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=158241
          1990 RHD Honda accord si CB3 Canada http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=196287
          MY CB7 ON YOUTUBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJID_IxwiNY

Comment

Look what I took

Comment

Originally posted by SNOOZE View Post
              Sick 1 piecers
              Thanks. I had my doubts about how they were going to turn out at first. All that work payed off though.

Originally posted by mercyboy View Post
              arghhhh it's always looking good always
              Your looking tits too bro. lov'n the ass shot on your MRT.

Originally posted by mitsubishiv5 View Post
              Headlights are tits. Go to sleep!
              Look what I took

Yeah, I had to mount them so you could peep em out on the car since the bumper was already off. It's just not complete with out at least a JDM grill. I need to get one b4 the Morimotos.

Purchased From: busak87, GunRunner, Bruce Banner, Itstatcb7kid707, tJoods, DannyD

The Caravan 2015

Comment

I just noticed you have zero interior shots of this car. Do you realize how rare it is to have a '90-'91 EX coupe with blue interior? Get some of those images up! If you were in Texas I'd trade you straight up for my blue '93 EX seat with an armrest.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

That's some dedication you put into those headlights. Hurry up and put them on already!!
                  ]

Comment

Blue interior is rare? O.o cooool
                    blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

yay blue interior!

Comment

Looks good now mount them!
                        My 90 coupe Mr thread....
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=178452

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
                          I just noticed you have zero interior shots of this car. Do you realize how rare it is to have a '90-'91 EX coupe with blue interior? Get some of those images up! If you were in Texas I'd trade you straight up for my blue '93 EX seat with an armrest.
                          Interior shots? I guess not, huh. It didn't even occur to me that my interior was rare, until you pointed it out. I will take some pics soon. I'm going to have to do some cleaning before that though.

Originally posted by Slick_Nine View Post
                          That's some dedication you put into those headlights. Hurry up and put them on already!!
                          Thanks. They probably would be put on already, if I had the grill to go with them. I am hoping to come across something soon.

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                          Blue interior is rare? O.o cooool
                          I think he meant specifically blue coupe interior. Come to think of it, I don't recall ever coming across any at the yards and we see tons of CB's there. I know it has always been especially difficult to find inner handle's for it.

yay blue interior!
                          Your probably the first one that pointed out the checkered front seats. My other CB also had the checkered front seats. but that interior was Maroon. They are 91 coupe specific seats, I think

Originally posted by SPLCB7 View Post
                          Looks good now mount them!
                          Thank you. I still have some more work to do to them before they can be mounted.

The Caravan 2015

Comment

Chrome Repair

Been putting in some hours on getting these one piece headlamps ready to mount. Since I received these with the chrome broken, I decided that they will never be chrome again. When they came in the mail, the shipper had already attempted to use some sort of super glue type of adhesive to patch em up. That quickly came apart when I removed the chrome for the first time to polish up the lenses. Clear coat was in bad shape. I decided to use some epoxy and technique to re-enforce the damage. Over all the bond is holding well, however it will never be as strong as it once was.

The plan was to make some cuts into the corresponding breaks that I would then fill with epoxy and not re-separate as easily. This is what it looked like after taking a Dremel and a small cut off wheel to the chrome pieces.

Then, I mixed up some 2 part epoxy and applied it with a small putty knife until it filled the gaps as much as possible.

They are not done yet. I'm hoping to get some more time soon to continue.

The Caravan 2015

Comment

weren't we talking about tits today?

this is tits

Comment

this is tits
                                word.

Seriously awesome work restoring the trim, bro. I love how you don't disregard the smallest of details. Can you say perfectionist?

Keep it up!

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

Working...
                                X