Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

How can i debate that honda is greater than mustang?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since when did mustangs become so unreliable? My brother had a 302 mustang and beat the shit out of it on a daily basis and we never did anything but change the oil and put more gas in it. 1st and 2nd gear felt like you were going to rip the chassis in half it had so much torque. Only sold it when gas got to $4 I don't like the way fox bodies look, but they don't really weigh that much more than a loaded cb7 anyway, and they can handle themselves quite well. The v8 mustang was designed strictly as a Sports car afterall...

When people try to act like hondas can do no wrong ("my honda's so reliable, i bet you can't get 100k out of your mustang")it reminds me of a comedian, i forget who, but he was talking about how guys with small dicks always say stuff like "it's not the size, it's how you use it" as if guys with big dicks have no idea what to do with them. An Accord is an amazing and fun car, but it's in a much different league than a Mustang. You've got better gas mileage, 4 less spark plugs and wires to change, and an obd system (92 mustangs don't iirc?). But keep in mind that your transmission is way harder to change out tho... Those 2 cars are the complete opposite of one another.

edit: forgot, we also had to change the rear tires on that mustang a little too often too.
    96 mx-6, needs work...
    91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

saqi, that argument about a cb being better than a mustang or vice-versa is an argument better left unargued.

its like the guys who argue that my chevy is better than his ford

it will not end
      http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Its all hype dont feed into it. Its just a car the only thing youll probably have on him if that is gas mileage but that cant be said either if you dont keep your car up to par you can have it jsut as bad as him. Just like what I tried to mention to people in the 2012 civic si thread.

People should really not fall into the trap of buying a car then having being led into a trap. okay you figure you buy a car its supposedly reliable and whatnot and a couple of years go by shit will break reguardless of how reliable it is or not. If you drive on the road shit will happen. Defects will continue when things are brought. I wonder have people fell into the trap of buying a car not recieving their monies worth or worse you can get beat by another car which you spent less on and contributed to. Thats just my opinion yes the car is new but its slooooooooow.

Comment

Originally posted by nope View Post
          Since when did mustangs become so unreliable? My brother had a 302 mustang and beat the shit out of it on a daily basis and we never did anything but change the oil and put more gas in it. 1st and 2nd gear felt like you were going to rip the chassis in half it had so much torque. Only sold it when gas got to $4 I don't like the way fox bodies look, but they don't really weigh that much more than a loaded cb7 anyway, and they can handle themselves quite well. The v8 mustang was designed strictly as a Sports car afterall...

When people try to act like hondas can do no wrong ("my honda's so reliable, i bet you can't get 100k out of your mustang")it reminds me of a comedian, i forget who, but he was talking about how guys with small dicks always say stuff like "it's not the size, it's how you use it" as if guys with big dicks have no idea what to do with them. An Accord is an amazing and fun car, but it's in a much different league than a Mustang. You've got better gas mileage, 4 less spark plugs and wires to change, and an obd system (92 mustangs don't iirc?). But keep in mind that your transmission is way harder to change out tho... Those 2 cars are the complete opposite of one another.

edit: forgot, we also had to change the rear tires on that mustang a little too often too.
          sorry but the eec4 is one of the best obd setups out there. my snap on scanner reads them like obd2 setups.

you can even do koeo and koer tests without a scanner and it even has flash codes.

the only reason why it has good diagnostics is that it breaks down a lot more than an accord. the 302's have trouble passing smog but if you pull the spout connector out, it retards the timing and does a helluva lot better.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

why do you want to prove that a honda is better. We all know that Ford owners are all stupid.
            Green EX http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=176536
            93 SE http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=210486

Comment

Originally posted by thepowderblue View Post
              why do you want to prove that a honda is better. We all know that Ford owners are all stupid.
              this is very true.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
                sorry but the eec4 is one of the best obd setups out there. my snap on scanner reads them like obd2 setups.
                you can even do koeo and koer tests without a scanner and it even has flash codes.
                the only reason why it has good diagnostics is that it breaks down a lot more than an accord. the 302's have trouble passing smog but if you pull the spout connector out, it retards the timing and does a helluva lot better.
                obviously i didn't remember correctly ahaha. I've never dealt with the 92, my brothers was a 88 or 89 i forget and we never had to change anything besides the oil and filters. Never messed with any of it lol
                96 mx-6, needs work...
                91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

Originally posted by nope View Post

Well said no car will be so perfect no matter what anyone does to it in the end it doesnt even matter.

Comment

Originally posted by h22sparkle View Post
                    Well said no car will be so perfect no matter what anyone does to it in the end it doesnt even matter.
                    this is very true too, some people will expect a car to be perfect but when something like a headgasket campaign or transmission issues on a honda come up. they will bitch how they will never buy that brand again.

they just bought the car at the wrong time. new things develop, some bad, some good.
                    I <3 G60.

Comment

Well I was at a Ford dealership at the state fair, they had their Fusion with a giant sign saying "can't be beat by Camry or Accord" then had the stats of the Fusion and next to it had the stats of the Camry, Prius, and Insight for comparison... So I guess you could remind them the people at Ford are too dumb to compare the right cars and therefore are too dumb to make a good car?

Comment

Originally posted by saqi44 View Post
                        I m in my office rite now, my collegue has a mustang 1992 model 5.0 litre engine with super charge,How can i compete honda with his mustang,i need to prove it that the honda technology is better than mustang if we do alterations,,,just i want cb7 to win,,,his car is in mint condition and he is a rich fellow,though m poor but i need to prove him that honda even doesnt have any end,
                        Gimme some youtube ref,cb7 threads will b te best thing to show him the engines and the cars....
                        there is many videos on youtube just search them , and as some one said before ford owners are idiots big ego , and well just tell him he needs to get gas each time he turns the car on.

Comment

anddddddddddddd we ended on this,,,we have had an argument and i stuck to the gas milage,and i asked him to travel with me from this side of saudi arabia to other side of Saudi Arabia,,like 2000 km,,,and i challenged him to go 2000km non stop from one side to the other in just 30$...in 30$ u can get 240 Liters ,,, like 2500-3000 kms,,,, after that he took out a video of a Honda Civic 95 hatch back red color in youtube,,having a drag race with a Mustang,,, hahaha and Civic Won in the video,,,after that i along with everyone ended saying that Mustang is kept my stupids,,,, hahahah and i ran away :P
                          Last edited by saqi44; 09-08-2011, 09:47 AM.

Comment

My next door neighbor has a 93 civic si hatch. He gets 320-360 miles to a tank.of gas and runs high 12's at the track with a ALL-MOTOR setup on nothing more than falken .street tires. He has a\c and p\s too!

Comment

Geez didnt realize i was stupid.

Back on topic:
                              Glad everything worked out for you. I am a previous gt 5.0 owner and still have it. They both have their pros and cons. Its all a matter of preference.
                              ~Nick~
                              FSAE (F Series Accord Enthusiasts) ..."A dying breed thats taking it to the next level" Lucky #13
                              MR Thread:http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ight=Grumpys93

Comment

they both have pros and cons but when Hondas come factory a little over 100 hp per liter thats a pretty good accomplishment.

Comment

Working...
                                X