Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Best Spark Plugs And Wires To Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NGK plugs and wires for me....

deevergote- Thx for that info... Didn't know about the Sumitomo wires... Interesting...

Comment

I'd go NGK Iridium plugs and NGK wires all the way. The ignition is great. MSD has great selection as well but thats for a more upgraded motor no real advantage for Daily driving

Comment

I use NGK plugs and Magstar wires... Performs really well

Comment

I did a slight test between my oem spark plug wires and some cheapo autozone silicone run of the mill spark plug wires. The resistance on the cheapo wires was much less than my OEM spark plug wires. I also looked at some NGK wires and they are pretty much the same resistance as the cheaper autozone wires.

I hope i didnt bring the topic off but would this mean that NGK wires and some off brand generic silicone wires are the same? Maybe just quality of material is different and one may last longer than the other?

Is it better to have less or more resistance on a spark plug wire?

As for spark plugs i stay with NGK just because they are affordable and give consistent quality results.

Comment

The tests I've seen have shown the OEM Sumitomo wires to be the best of all. I've never heard that NGK wires didn't work well... but I suppose it's possible.

Comment

Oh, if i made it seem like the NGK wires didn't perform well i didn't mean to do that. I was just trying to compare resistances to see if it was just hype or performance. If the resistance is just a small difference is it worth getting the more expensive brand? I don't know what other variables there are when trying to pick spark plug wires.

Comment

OEM all around
                Especially when dealing with ignition components

Comment

Do not buy Carcraft wires. They are terrible materials and #3 barely even fit. The connectors weren't even oem style. They were so awful I ended up putting the shitty olde wires back on.
                  96 mx-6, needs work...
                  91 accord lx sedan, needs work...

Comment

Working...
                  X