Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Which one of these LED bulbs are best for the cluster mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which one of these LED bulbs are best for the cluster mod?

I would like my cluster to be as bright as possible and I plan on using all 194 LED bulbs. Which of these would be best to give the most light for the cluster mod?
    Thanks.
    Bulb_1

Bulb_2

Bulb_3

Bulb_4

Bulb_5

Bulb_6

Bulb_7

Bulb_8

I say bulb 7. Looks like it has the most leds. Also look for SMD LEDs they are relatively brighter. Unlike the regular ones like bulb 1.

^MRT^

Comment

So is the number of LEDs or the angle of light disburse that make it brightest in the cluster?
      Thanks.

Comment

anything with a 360 output
        wat?

Comment

I think the reason a lot of LED bulbs don't last b/c the alternator put out 14V and most bulbs are rated for 12V so they burn out faster.

Comment

i used bulb #3 on my cluster, shits bright as hell. looks super sexy. those bulbs are pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by iiball3 View Post
              i used bulb #3 on my cluster, shits bright as hell. looks super sexy. those bulbs are pretty good.
              Did you replace them all with 194, including the ones above that are suppose to be 74? Bulb #3 are single led type right?
              How long have your bulbs lasted so far? The problem is these bulbs are mostly designed for 12V and when the car is running the alternator kick out 14V, thus my side markers keep burning out fast. I wonder if the cluster would do the same thing?
              Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad_dude View Post
                Did you replace them all with 194, including the ones above that are suppose to be 74? Bulb #3 are single led type right?
                How long have your bulbs lasted so far? The problem is these bulbs are mostly designed for 12V and when the car is running the alternator kick out 14V, thus my side markers keep burning out fast. I wonder if the cluster would do the same thing?
                Thanks.
                I have never replaced my bulbs in my dash. My car has 350k. I bought it with 180k and I doubt the lady before me, who bought the car new, ever changed the bulbs.
                As for my corners, I think I have only changed them once. If you are really going through bulbs that fast, you may have another problem there.
                "There is nothing wrong with you that an expensive operation cannot prolong."

Comment

Originally posted by Oreellyfool View Post
                  I have never replaced my bulbs in my dash. My car has 350k. I bought it with 180k and I doubt the lady before me, who bought the car new, ever changed the bulbs.
                  As for my corners, I think I have only changed them once. If you are really going through bulbs that fast, you may have another problem there.
                  The bulbs I am referring to are Ebay LEDs. Not the regular stock bulbs. None of my bulbs were burned out. I just want to put LED bulbs in to make them brighter. But the problem with the LED bulbs burning out so fast is they are rated 12V instead of 12-14V as the regular bulbs. They don't burn out completely, just one or two of the individual bulbs burn out of the 4 I have.

Comment

no.7

Comment

Thanks.
                      almost impossible they blow.... with resistor this block a lot of current.... led light up with about 3v. if no resistor its normal they blow....

Comment

Thanks.
                        go to superbrightleds.com, plug in your car, and you can get a bulb size guide. i think its 3 (194's) and 2 (74's) for the top. and they lasted for a few months now, its amazing at night time. i love driving my car when its dark, ill even go to burger king for some bull shit just to drive it lol.

Comment

its not with only changing the 194 light you will be able to get lot of brightness.... i have about 15 x 194 leds on mine to make a lot of brightness... only by replacing bulb you will only get another color... example if you put blues one you will get an med brightness blue cluster and if you put white one you will get more lighter blue color but will be more bright... forget to have an impressive brightness without severe mods... i say that because i have try this before do my complete cluster led conversion and the result was about same as the oem except for the color, otherwise to oem green they look blue because white led bright white and ordinary bulb light yellow..and...the back of the number behind the cluster are with a blue wrap..! good luck man!
                          Last edited by WhiteShift; 04-05-2012, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteShift View Post
                            almost impossible they blow.... with resistor this block a lot of current.... led light up with about 3v. if no resistor its normal they blow....
                            I bought some of these with 4 leds, not even a month and one or two just stop lighting up. I bought 10 and all are out, most of them just only lighting up 2 leds after a week or so.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteShift View Post
                              its not with only changing the 194 light you will be able to get lot of brightness.... i have about 15 x 194 leds on mine to make a lot of brightness... only by replacing bulb you will only get another color... example if you put blues one you will get an med brightness blue cluster and if you put white one you will get more lighter blue color but will be more bright... forget to have an impressive brightness without severe mods... i say that because i have try this before do my complete cluster led conversion and the result was about same as the oem except for the color, otherwise to oem green they look blue because white led bright white and ordinary bulb light yellow..and...the back of the number behind the cluster are with a blue wrap..! good luck man!
                              So if I put in white LEDs, I will get a light blue cluster but brightest comparing to other color LEDs right?
                              What color would the cluster be with amber leds? Or even red leds?
                              Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X