IM off. Should i remove TB To clean.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IM off. Should i remove TB To clean.

I have my Intake Manifold off with plenum still attached and the throttle body also. It is really necessary to remove throttle body to clean it. Are there some ports that can only be cleaned with it removed. Am also wondering if it is necessary to remove plenum. I don't think it is as i had plenum removed about a year ago and cleaned it. Thoughts?

it never hurts to clean things, but you should be fine.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
    Originally posted by Stephen Fry
    'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
    Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

At least remove the idle screw and clean that port in the throttle body. Clean the throttle body plate as best you can if you decide not to remove it. The gasket is fairly inexpensive, I would remove the TB and clean it while I had the chance.
      90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
      08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
        At least remove the idle screw and clean that port in the throttle body. Clean the throttle body plate as best you can if you decide not to remove it. The gasket is fairly inexpensive, I would remove the TB and clean it while I had the chance.
        Am just trying to avoid any unnecessary things. In the end i will probably remove it all and clean it as don't want thing keeping me up at night.

Comment

Working...
        X