Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Vibration while at D4 idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vibration while at D4 idle

Hi im new to cb7 I traded my ef hatch for it and it has a vibration when im at a stop at idle its a 91 se model all stock any insight I think it might be mounts but I could be wrong any help is appreciated.

Originally posted by CB7NOOB310 View Post
    Hi im new to cb7 I traded my ef hatch for it and it has a vibration when im at a stop at idle its a 91 se model all stock any insight I think it might be mounts but I could be wrong any help is appreciated.
    Its the mounts probably the rear mount.
    My OLD Members Ride Thread

Comment

Any idea of the potential cost and adverse effect of leaving it like that for a bit?

Comment

shouldn't be too much for the part. labor is whats gonna get you. unless you do it your self.
        USDM EX

Comment

does it vibrate when in park as well?

Comment

nope doesn't vibrate in park only in drive at stop idle.. and I heard theres a cheap mount and a really expensive mount is that true?

Comment

you could always source one down from a junk yard and do an insert or use some liquid poly. That would probably be the cheapest option. Have you looked at them yet?

Comment

honestly no I just traded yesterday but im going to look at them this weekend and I want to have a general of what to look for you know? I have a toddler so I honestly don't wanna cheap out you know?

Comment

All Accords equipped with automatic transmissions used an electronically controlled rear engine mount to reduce low frequency noise and vibration. The mount contained 2 fluid filled chambers separated by a computer controlled valve. At low engine speeds, fluid is routed through the valve damping vibration. Above 850 rpm, fluid is routed around the valve making the engine mount stiffer.

So what's your idle set at? if that's good then check and see if your electronic controller is faulty.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolinasfinest View Post
                    shouldn't be too much for the part. labor is whats gonna get you. unless you do it your self.
                    Actually the mount is expensive. $150 or so and it is a pain to get to.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                      Actually the mount is expensive. $150 or so and it is a pain to get to.
                      That's if you buy the mount brand new, and if your going do that might as well go with some solid mounts. The mount really isn't that hard to get to the hardest part is jacking the car up

Comment

Originally posted by BramptonCB View Post
                        All Accords equipped with automatic transmissions used an electronically controlled rear engine mount to reduce low frequency noise and vibration. The mount contained 2 fluid filled chambers separated by a computer controlled valve. At low engine speeds, fluid is routed through the valve damping vibration. Above 850 rpm, fluid is routed around the valve making the engine mount stiffer.

So what's your idle set at? if that's good then check and see if your electronic controller is faulty.
                        Didn't even realize this. From what I've read though, he should be able to switch to a regular mount, correct?

Comment

My car was doing that before and the problem turned out to be a disconnected engine mount solenoid. Maybe yours is broken or disconnected. Not sure if that helps but thought I'd throw it out there.

Comment

If you're getting a brand new one from Honda then yeah it'll be a hundred or something.. but i just checked, an Anchor brand rear mount for an AT is only $54 bucks.

If you were near Cincinnati, i'd be able to get one for you slightly cheaper since i work at a Smyth Parts Plus.

Comment

Originally posted by lowandslowcb7 View Post
                              Didn't even realize this. From what I've read though, he should be able to switch to a regular mount, correct?
                              Not sure, but I'm sure you could but I would think that would make it vibrate a lot. I could be wrong though.

Comment

Working...
                              X