I think i have a day dreaming problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think i have a day dreaming problem.

So me and the old lady were discussing my idea of the "perfect build" for my accord. I knew the total investment would easily triple the cost i paid for my car 7 years ago but i didn't realize just how expensive my dream was. I searched and listed price for most of the required parts and didn't even her halfway through before i broke the $6k mark. My plan consisted of a sleeved f22 block with 88mm 10.1 compression pistons. Just the engine work alone broke any potential budget i could afford anytime in the next 5 years... Not to mention the need for a worked over h22 head because of the much larger bore. I also planned on full turbo setup, huge brake upgrades, and a complete suspension build. I think this build would be a fuckin monster down low and just ungodly up top. Well anyway... Just figured i would share that with you guys.

yeah... that's why instead of owning the real car, i'm going to collect Hot Wheels.
    Now i can technically say I own an '86 Corolla, a Skyline GTR, a Pagani, and soon an RX7.

Comment

If i do build a turbo project ill probably just stick with the bisimoto parts. If they're good enough for NWAccord's beast then they'll be just fine for my intentions

Comment

If you're going turbo, don't bother with the H22 head. Stick to F22. You'll do just fine with that, and it'll cut down on some of your cost.

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
          If you're going turbo, don't bother with the H22 head. Stick to F22. You'll do just fine with that, and it'll cut down on some of your cost.
          If (and that's a big if) i go turbo Im staying strictly f22a. The only reason i brought up the h22 head because my dream build involved 88mm Pistons. It's alot easier to enlarge an 87mm hole 1mm than the 3mm id have to do on a f22 head. I've had this car and it's been faithful for 7 long years so i intend to give her the face lift and tit job she deserves. Just gotta hope this new job comes through and i can get my finances in order.

Comment

I would take that money and just buy a turbo car.

Comment

And where is the fun in that? See that's the same mentality alot of the local's around here have. They feel tough and cocky because they bought other people's project. We got a 10 second ls/vtec turbo crx and 12 second f20b hatch here that think they are gods gift to the tuner scene but they both bought their car. Id much rather invest my time and money into something i and only i can be proud of.

Comment

save up and buy an older evo, port the turbo and you'll be going way faster than you could in a cb for the same money.
                wat?

Comment

Yeah ill still pass. Im not too concerned with goin real fast as this is and will continue to be my daily driver. Like i said earlier... This car has done right by me for 7 years and because of that i feel obligated to do something real special for it.

Comment

I think anyone that has a CB solely for the purpose of going fast is delusional. Sure, there is potential there, but the CB is a lousy platform in comparison to others.
                    The magic of the CB is that it's a well-rounded car. It can be a potent performer, a fun weekend toy, a comfortable and reliable daily driver, a semi-luxurious cruiser, a show car with a classic design, and an efficient economy car. It can touch on all of these points to some extent if built right. Many other cars can do one or two of those things better, but the CB is among a short list of cars that can do many or all of them at once!

I have my Fit, which is extremely efficient, very comfortable, and insanely reliable (aside from the damn defective clutch...)... but it's slow as dirt, and while it doesn't look bad, it's still obviously an inexpensive cheapie little car. I have my CTS-V, which looks great, is fast as hell, and is pretty fun to drive... but it's not terribly reliable (I'd never expect over 300k miles from it without any major issues, like the Fit has given me), fuel economy is laughable, and comfort is minimal.
                    My CB7 sits comfortably in the middle on ALL points.

Comment

Who needs comfort when you got a cts-v? An old boss of money has one and that bastard is nasty. Im more of an escalade guy but id rock a cts-v if funds permitted.

Comment

Working...
                      X