Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

DX rear sway bar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DX rear sway bar

I'm sure it is somewhere on the forum, but couldn't find it. Just bought a dx without rear sway bar. Want to install one from my previous cb. Does rear crossmember has holes for mounting brackets for this bar? Or must I replace crossmember also?

I'm fairly sure that you will need a crossmember from an EX and a EX sway bar as well unless you go with an aftermarket swaybar kit.

Comment

Originally posted by cb3frompoland View Post
      I'm sure it is somewhere on the forum, but couldn't find it. Just bought a dx without rear sway bar. Want to install one from my previous cb. Does rear crossmember has holes for mounting brackets for this bar? Or must I replace crossmember also?
      Originally posted by DKR977 View Post
      I'm fairly sure that you will need a crossmember from an EX and a EX sway bar as well unless you go with an aftermarket swaybar kit.
      The CB7 DX's and LX's did not come with a sway bar. You will need an EX/SE rear cross member and sway. IIRC there's a DIY for adding a sway to the DX/LX, but don't quote me on that.
      Originally posted by Mishakol129
      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

That's the only problem with the DX, no holes to mount a rear sway bar. I found that out when I went to try to install the Vigor rear sway and didn't see mounting holes. I didn't feel like drilling them or swapping cross members so I sold it to a local member.

Comment

Aren't the mount holes also missing from the swing arms?

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
            Aren't the mount holes also missing from the swing arms?
            Not 100% sure, but the holes might be there in the trailing arms, you just need the bolts.

Project:Black Skittle

AOM->April 2014

MRT->http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=199779

Comment

Thanks, I have crossmember with bar from my previous edm cb3. Just thought it will be a little easier...

Comment

My previous Accord was a 1994 LX wagon. I bought the EX sway bar, but sent it back when I realized the LX didn't have the mounting holes.

I wound up buying an adjustable swaybar from Saner. I had to drill holes in the swing arms to mount it, but it wasn't difficult.

Comment

You drilled holes because you had an adjustable one. The holes for the OEM sway bars do exist on the DX/LX trailing arms, though.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Jarrett is correct, while I was out messing with the LX I saw the holes. I was just coming back to say they were there.

Comment

I suggest a progress sway bar if u have the cash. Its the best 175 u will spend, I love mine.
                      My Dx Sedan had holes already on the trailing arms.
                      Last edited by CBBeno1; 07-12-2013, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Agree about the Progress rear sway bar. I bought one for my wagon a couple months ago.

However, I am sad to point out that Progress has discontinued the rear sway bar for our Accords. I had to buy mine off of ebay.

Comment

Working...
                        X