Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

steering column fitment cd5>cb7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

steering column fitment cd5>cb7

Hi everyone, i picked up a nice leather bound steering wheel from a wrecked CD5 sedan and am trying to install it in my 92 coupe , both cars have SRS.. the steering wheels look exactly the same , the airbags are also exactly the same and the plug matches etc, however the wheel will not fit, the splines seem to be different or something as it wont mount in properly.

i have done some research and have figured the spline is the issue.. i really want this wheel to fit so im thinking to just go back to the wrecked CD5 take the steering column out and then fit it into my car?

so yeh question is does anyone know if the steering column from a 95 CD5 is a direct fit to the 92 coupe? if im having issues up the top with the spline going from cd5>cb7 will there be fitment issues at the bottom where it meets the steering rack?

if anyone could spare some info id really appreciate it!

Yes, this column is a popular swap for those wanting to swap to the newer Honda steering wheels with the different spline size. I would recommend slotting the smooth-head screws that hold the ignition cylinder in place in order to unscrew them. Then you can reuse them to put the CB7 ignition cylinder on the CD column.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
      Yes, this column is a popular swap for those wanting to swap to the newer Honda steering wheels with the different spline size. I would recommend slotting the smooth-head screws that hold the ignition cylinder in place in order to unscrew them. Then you can reuse them to put the CB7 ignition cylinder on the CD column.
      Thankyou so much for your help, and yes slotting those screws is a great idea! so with the cd5 column it should mount up directly to the steering rack on my cb7? im hoping theres no fitment issues with it cos its a real pain taking these columns in and out! haha

Comment

Yes, the CD column will fit the same as your CB column. You may need the collar that joins the column to the steering rack splines. I cannot remember if its needed, but it may fit the end of the CD column better.
        http://www.hondanews.com/releases/19...d-introduction

Comment

Selling is not allowed in the beginner forums.

The offending posts were only deleted, do it again and you get to sit out for a while (if not forever).
          Last edited by steelbluesleepR; 03-03-2017, 01:34 AM.

Click for my Member's Ride Thread
          Originally posted by Stephen Fry
          'It's now very common to hear people say, "I'm rather offended by that", as if that gives them certain rights. It's no more than a whine. It has no meaning, it has no purpose, it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. "I'm offended by that." Well, so fucking what?' —Stephen Fry
          Eye Level Media - Commercial & Automotive Photography: www.EyeLevelSTL.com

Comment

Im doing this swap tomorrow so ill try to take picturs if i can remember to bring my camera

Comment

Originally posted by Jarrett View Post
              Jarrett and I found out tonight that the 90-91 steering column is different than the 92-93.

Its a DIRECT SWAP if the cd5 column is going into a 92-93 cb7. Your good to go...unlike me lol

Comment

I took lots of pictures, so we'll probably throw them into a DIY later today.
                My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Working...
                X