Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emergency Brake Cable, same on both sides?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emergency Brake Cable, same on both sides?

Hey guys, I went to drive to work this morning, and my passenger side rear disc was locked. Diagnosis leads to my cable is bad (this is my fault, putting in a questionable used cable to begin with).

Are new cables the same on both sides? Here's a link to what I found on Amazon, is this right for both sides? Also, I'm rear disc converted.

https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-C94632...y+brake+cables

Thanks so much guys! I'm gonna not have an emergency brake for a couple days, yay.
    I'm faster then a prius

Probably not the best info to go off of but per my Helms manual the parking brake cables have the same routing and appear to be the same length in the visual. I can't imagine that they'd be different unless there was a specific left or right side fitting at the drum/caliper end of the cable or if they were routed differently.

Comment

They are not the same on each side.

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
        They are not the same on each side.
        Do you know how so?
        I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Edit: For 1993 EX:
          Right side: 47510-SM1-A53
          Left side: 47560-SM1-A52

Both show as still available for about $57 from Majestic (www.hondaautomotiveparts.com)
          Last edited by Fleetw00d; 01-29-2018, 08:58 PM.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

Originally posted by fleetw00d View Post
            Edit: For 1993 EX:
            Right side: 47510-SM1-A53
            Left side: 47560-SM1-A52

Both show as still available for about $57 from Majestic (www.hondaautomotiveparts.com)
            That helps a ton, I just ordered new cables for both sides. Thanks Fleetwood!
            I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
              Do you know how so?
              Because when i did my rear disc conversion I put the wrong one on the wrong side and it took me a while to figure out why things were not matching up for bolt holes and other things (mainly the ebrake attachment where the two bolts go through will be backwards too).

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                Because when i did my rear disc conversion I put the wrong one on the wrong side and it took me a while to figure out why things were not matching up for bolt holes and other things (mainly the ebrake attachment where the two bolts go through will be backwards too).
                Got it! I ordered new ones for both sides, I guess I'll see the difference then.
                Thanks Raf
                I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Working...
                X