Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SUSP : 5-lug conversion (the all-prelude way)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Raised the car back up. Went from sprint extremes to Neuspeed races and the Vibration issue minimized. I think w/ one more set of new axles I will be ok.

Comment

HOLD UP
      Hold up
      hold up.

For the rear, does anyone know what caliper bracket the Accord uses vs what the Prelude uses????

I just dont want to throw this rear BBK away.

BB6 rear rotor hat height is 42mm, CB7/every other Honda in existence is ~48mm. If the CB & Prelude use the same calipers, hopefully the brackets are the difference... and hopefully they'll have the same mounting points. Damn that would be the shit... if anyone knows I would really appreciate it. Otherwise I might just get longer bolts and have a 6mm adapter spacer made.
      Last edited by gloryaccordy; 06-16-2009, 09:25 AM.

Originally posted by lordoja
      im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

Originally posted by gloryaccordy View Post
        HOLD UP
        Hold up
        hold up.

For the rear, does anyone know what caliper bracket the Accord uses vs what the Prelude uses????

BB6 rear rotor hat height is 42mm, CB7/every other Honda in existence is ~48mm. If the CB & Prelude use the same calipers, hopefully the brackets are the difference... and hopefully they'll have the same mounting points. Damn that would be the shit... if anyone knows I would really appreciate it. Otherwise I might just get longer bolts and have a 6mm adapter spacer made.
        The BB6 uses leading rear calipers while the CB uses trailing rear calipers.
        The calipers themselves are different and are not interchangeable.

And as far as i know, you cannot use Prelude rear disks on CB's.

Comment

HOLD UP
          Hold up
          hold up.

Just sell it and hit me up if you still want a rear BBK after that bro I can get you either 313mm rear rotors with caliper relocation bracket or 323 or 330mm rear rotors with 4-pot calipers and a secondary parking brake calipers lol the second one is overkill, but the option is there Everything is made according to my setup, so they bolt on just right, no modifications necessary

I thought about doing 323mm rotors all around as well as 4-pot calipers all around (different piston sizes for the rear), but then i figured I should try 313mm rear rotors with stock calipers first and use an adjustable prop valve, see how it goes from there...We'll see though. If I decided to ditch the 313mm kit later on then maybe you'd be interested?

Ronald

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R View Post
            Just sell it and hit me up if you still want a rear BBK after that bro I can get you either 313mm rear rotors with caliper relocation bracket or 323 or 330mm rear rotors with 4-pot calipers and a secondary parking brake calipers lol the second one is overkill, but the option is there Everything is made according to my setup, so they bolt on just right, no modifications necessary

I thought about doing 323mm rotors all around as well as 4-pot calipers all around (different piston sizes for the rear), but then i figured I should try 313mm rear rotors with stock calipers first and use an adjustable prop valve, see how it goes from there...We'll see though. If I decided to ditch the 313mm kit later on then maybe you'd be interested?

Ronald
            If I can get someone to buy a rear BBK for a FWD car I will hit you up. I was working on the rear this weekend though and a spacer wouldn't be hard to make. I prob. wouldn't even need to get it machined

im with you on that one bro! aint nothing beat free food and drinks any day of the week, even if its at a funeral

Comment

i used the prelude rotors on the rear. i just made spacers the move the caliper bracket out closer to the rotor works fine

Comment

Originally posted by slammed90ex-r View Post
                i used the prelude rotors on the rear. i just made spacers the move the caliper bracket out closer to the rotor works fine
                Howd u make spacers? Machine shop? I know it has to be ~1/4" or 6mm thick.

Also has anyone successfully used the Prelude LCA? That is the ONLY thing keeping me from finishing this shit myself. I hear it fucks up the geometry, but it doesn't look that much longer. I can't get anyone to drill mine.

Comment

i wanted 2 order new lower balljoints for my 5lug swap. but the honda dealer said i would have 2 order both knuckle bcuz only the sh-model balljoint come by there self...i wanted 2 start now this has me back tracking scrambleing for ideas???????????

Comment

Howd u make spacers? Machine shop? I know it has to be ~1/4" or 6mm thick.

Also has anyone successfully used the Prelude LCA? That is the ONLY thing keeping me from finishing this shit myself. I hear it fucks up the geometry, but it doesn't look that much longer. I can't get anyone to drill mine.
                    No local machine shop around man? I just bought the reamer and asked a machine shop to drill them for me...Easier that way, seeing that the reamer has the correct angle and all..Without the reamer no local machine shop wanted to do it last time lol

Originally posted by cb7don View Post
                    i wanted 2 order new lower balljoints for my 5lug swap. but the honda dealer said i would have 2 order both knuckle bcuz only the sh-model balljoint come by there self...i wanted 2 start now this has me back tracking scrambleing for ideas???????????
                    I'm using lower ball joints for BB2 (92-96) Ludes, perfect fit

|~~~~~~~~~~~~- Project CL1 Euro-R continues -~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|

Comment

I wanted to say this (same LBJs) as I am almost certain the Lude had the same knuckle from 92-up for the base models

ALSO

I HAVE CONFIRMED that pretty much everything (hubs, bearings, calipers, LBJs w/e) swap over between 4th and 5th gen Ludes. My setup now is

- BB4 knuckles
                      - BB6 calipers, hubs
                      - CR-V/Lude/AV6/ITR/w/e bearings
                      - ??? rotors
                      - BB4 balljoints (still good)

for the front.

Comment

driver side axle from a 5th gen accord (correct tranny type matters)
                        if you only need the drivers side axle. whats correct tranny type mean im saying b/c tranny is on passenger side.
                        I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car
                        My Ride *****;http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...lbumId=2844229*****
                        Oja Thnx Everyone, at cb7tuner.com

Comment

if useing 98 accord v6 rear rotors what year brake pads should i get???

Comment

if useing 98 accord v6 rear rotors what year brake pads should i get???
                            I just used my old calipers + pads.

I got some Prelude LCAs. Gonna see if this works hopefully this weekend

Comment

has any1 had issues wit the front lower balljoint how hard is it 2 swap accord balljoint into the lude knuckles

Comment

has any1 had issues wit the front lower balljoint how hard is it 2 swap accord balljoint into the lude knuckles
                                Accord balljoints, from what I know, don't fit in the Lude knuckles

You need to either get Prelude lower control arms, or get the Accord arms expanded at a machine shop

Comment

Working...
                                X