No announcement yet.

G. Wiffington : 1993 Accord EX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not low at all. I only have "Tein H. Tech Springs" (F: -1.5 R: -1.1)
    Keep Pushing..

Comment

I have been wanting to get a larger diameter short ram for my setup
      since I have been running the 2.5" AEM intake from my F22 on
      the Euro-R. I bought one of the cheap short rams from eJay with a
      3" diameter. I wonder if the new 3" intake will make an difference compared
      to the AEM that was previously on my setup.

I am going to guess that I may have to add a tiny bit more fuel to my
      fuel map since there will be more air flow.

This will be a fun little experiment since I have the next few days off.

I also have purchased a new heater valve. I should have taken the time to
      replace the OEM valve when I had my F22 out. I have zero heat. I did notice
      that when I reinstalled the vavle when doing my swap that the "door" would
      not move at all & was stuck.

The new valve I ordered did not come with the lever piece so I guess I have
      to swap that part over from the original?
      Keep Pushing..

Comment

Just installed the new eJay 3" intake. I deff can see/hear/feel the difference!
        The H22 definitely revs harder & faster compared to the AEM intake.
        I feel like the smaller intake tubing was "choking" the engine. Maybe that
        was another reason why my tune has seemed more "rich" on the fuel
        map.

I was joking wiith my friend last night saying my H22 has asthma right
        now & the bigger intake will be the inhaler haha.

As far as the fuel map, I did have to add about 3% to most of the map.
        I could tell as soon as I started the car the she was warming up a little more
        lean than usual.

I am typing this on my laptop inside my CB sitting in my driveway lol. I was
        just excited to finally have some time off of work & to work on the CB!

Another note, this weekend I went to the junkyard to grab a very small part.
        I noticed that one of my injector clips were missing. I am pretty sure I
        only had 3 injector clips since I pulled out the old f22.

I pulled all 4 injector clips off an Acura that I found. So I guess these
        clips are an OBD1 part? They fit perfect on my injector harness & the
        guy at the junkyard was nice enough to let me have them for free!
        Gotta appreciate the love whenever people show it!

Oh yeah I bought another Civic again..probably the best deal I have ever
        struck for anything i've bought. I'll post it up in the off-topics soon. This Civic
        is going to be a flip so I don't really have intentions of keeping it.

*edit: I just saw a beautiful s2000 drive by my house with the plates
        "F22C1".. !
        Last edited by G. Wiffington; 11-21-2018, 01:44 PM.
        Keep Pushing..

Comment

Anybody have a tough time with water getting in your tail lights?

Well I sure have..over the past two weeks I have been battling my passenger
          outer tail light because water has been getting inside of it.

So I thought that if I put some silicone around the top portion of the light
          that the water would not get it. Well, it still got through & since I kept pulling
          out the tail light I ended up ripping out one of the studs.

I crossthreaded the nut on the stud & it pulled the stud right out due
          to me trying to loosen the nut & not realizing the situation.

I didn't know what I should do about the tail light so my buddy suggested since
          my seals for the trunk are bad this might be an on going event until I fix the
          seals. I ended up just using a very fine drill bit & making three weep holes
          so that if water does get inside, it can just drip out the bottom instead of just
          sitting inside the tail light.

Sooooo...in order to fix the stud I had to get a new stud in place of what was there.
          I literally tried to gorilla glue the stud back in place but I am not
          sure if the glue did not dry all the way but it did not work..even after letting
          the glue dry for two days.

I did some research & found out the do not sell the Red/Clears, 50/50 lights
          (whatever you want to call them) anymore!!! There are none for the 92-93
          CBs anywhere.

I ended up going to Gome Depot & bought some "Hanger Bolts". I have
          never heard of these until this week. So one side of the bolt has real rigged
          threads like that of a drywall or a wood screw. On the other end is a
          machine bolt threading, so I can use a nut to tighten it down.

I used a 1/4" -20 x2". ( had to cut a few MM off of the thick threaded side
          so that it would be a little shorter to screw into the plastic hole.)

A friend of mine does auto glass work so he was able to get me some 3090
          Locktite & primer from BMW. This is what I used to secure the stud into
          the plastic hole.

I tightened two nuts together in order to screw the thread in enough.

The stud has been in place since last night, so I am going to wait until tomo
          or maybe Sunday to put it back on my car.

Keep Pushing..

Comment

Correct on the 50/50 red/clear for 92-93 coupes. Weird eh. It's like the guy who originally did them only had sedans

Comment

yeah it is crazy, I swear I used to see eJay flooded with the 50/50s!
              Now they are all gone.
              Keep Pushing..

Comment

I did find a set of ONLY the outer lights that are all clear.

I'll take some pics because they are really nice. The quality is actually a lot
                better than the 50/50s. They even came with a really thick gasket. I do not
                remember the gasket on the 50/50s being as thick. It's pretty cool because
                there is a sticker on both tails that have the year 1998 on them.
                Keep Pushing..

Comment

Nice CB, keep up the great work.

You do anything with the all clear tail lights?
                  Turbo H23a3 build has begun
                  01-01-2019

Comment

sooo is your alignment good now?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                      sooo is your alignment good now?
                      Yes sir it is pretty good now. A lot better than it was before!
                      My buddy who works at a Honda dealer near me got me all straightened out.
                      Last edited by G. Wiffington; 01-18-2019, 06:11 PM.
                      Keep Pushing..

Comment

Originally posted by bjaccord View Post
                        Nice CB, keep up the great work.

You do anything with the all clear tail lights?
                        Thank you. They have just been sitting on my table, I really haven't touched
                        my CB at all due to the cold weather. Basically just have a few parts to put
                        on once it warms up.
                        Keep Pushing..

Comment

Just finally found this picture! It was from Honda Day when I won first place
                          but they accidentally handed me the 3rd place trophy. I was looking at it like
                          what the hell is 3rd place!?

Keep Pushing..

Comment

Repaired my D10 signal wire from wideband to ECU.

About a month ago I took the CB to get groceries & it was right after it
                            rained. I was almost to the store when I encountered a "round-about".
                            I decided to test out the suspension & LSD. Lol man that Euro R is torquey
                            because I was spinning pretty good after I went through the circle & gave it
                            some gas.

Anyway..I park the car & come back out to notice at idle my wideband read
                            14.7 AFR but my laptop said 12.0 AFR. I adjusted the ELD voltage
                            compensation in SManager but it didn't effect the laptop reading until the offset
                            was at 2.0V offset! wow, I knew something in the wideband wiring was wacky.

Checked my power, which was fine. Checked my ground since usually that is
                            the culprit for weird voltage readings but that was fine as well. Only one left
                            was the signal wire which ended up being loose from a poorly crimped
                            butt connector.

I finally bought a decent soldering gun so I soldered all three of the wires
                            just to ensure they were strong connections.

Put it all back together & everything is great! Now the voltage offset on my
                            laptop is at 0! So my wideband & SManager read identical now.

I am glad to have finally bought a soldering gun..NO MORE CONNECTORS
                            FOR ME!

Now if only I would have soldered the wires for that Civic Coupe lol.
                            Keep Pushing..

Comment

I have been working on the civic for the past two months.

I cannot wait for you guys to see this thing, it is so awesome!!

I will put up pictures very soon, I just want to make sure everything works
                              & runs.

I am waiting on the radiator/slim fan & the alternator belt.
                              Keep Pushing..

Comment

I haven't posted anything about the CB in a while..
                                It still runs like a champ! There's nothing like that H22
                                VTEC.

I still have yet to put on my RPF1s..hopefully I will do that soon.
                                Keep Pushing..

Comment

Working...
                                X