Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Cluster Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cluster Issue

Yesterday I decided to change the two buls in my cluster that make the needle more visible. After doing so I noticed that only one of the bulbs that are over the needle work and everything else that worked no longer does. Is this normal seeing as the other bulbs worked and now they don't

Anyone??

Comment

I'd say check your fuses but I would think that if it was that then nothing would work. Did you unplug anything that maybe isn't clipped all the way back in?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandoncb7 View Post
        I'd say check your fuses but I would think that if it was that then nothing would work. Did you unplug anything that maybe isn't clipped all the way back in?
        I do remember putting everything back in snug as it was, so I cant so that I do not have anything all the way in. I can check though to be sure.

Comment

Did you use LEDs or regular bulbs? If you used LEDs then the polarity could be wrong. Take out the bulb that is not working and put it back in the opposite way you had it in the first time. That should fix the problem.

1990 CB7 - Almost Done - Delta 272, SRI, 2.25 catback, Bisi intake manifold gasket, A6 intake double stacked, H22 plenum, AEM cam gear, F23a block, F22a head, Wiseco K20 pistons, DSM 450cc injectors

2004 Z33 - Brembo BBK, Nismo spoiler, Nismo lip, Nismo shift knob, AEM CAI

Comment

Originally posted by CB7/KA8 View Post
            Did you use LEDs or regular bulbs? If you used LEDs then the polarity could be wrong. Take out the bulb that is not working and put it back in the opposite way you had it in the first time. That should fix the problem.
            I used regular bulbs though.

Comment

i would try the fuse happen all the times [IMG][/IMG]
              this is my cb7 92 honda accord ex....enjoy it

Comment

Could be bad bulbs.

Comment

Originally posted by checarter15 View Post
                  i would try the fuse happen all the times [IMG][/IMG]
                  Last time I checked all my fused were fine.

Originally posted by Sarthos View Post
                  Could be bad bulbs.
                  I would not think I would be sold bad bulbs.. This is not my first time buying bulbs from the store I went to.

Comment

if you took your cluster completely apart and when you re tightend the bolts that go to the 3 pods. if you over tightend them then it could have broke the circut board... i have done this before when i installed some white faces... nothing worked afterwards

Please, Leave me some feeedback on my ride ^CLICK ^CLICK ^CLICK
                    Originally posted by deevergote.
                    But Honda guys know EVERYTHING about EVERYTHING! If you don't believe that, then you're just wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by accord2nr81 View Post
                      if you took your cluster completely apart and when you re tightend the bolts that go to the 3 pods. if you over tightend them then it could have broke the circut board... i have done this before when i installed some white faces... nothing worked afterwards
                      Yeah I didn't think about that. I've done that before too but not on my cluster. It'll definitely ruin your day lol.

Comment

do any lights turn on
                        ie. headlights

could be some wires touching slightly
                        Viva la CB7!

Comment

If it is the circuit board and it is not too extreme you can prolly repair it, I've heard of others doing it.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                          I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

try swapping a good bulb in to a bad socket, you might just have killed all the bulbs. i have seen other bulbs go bad after you replace one or two. i have never seen it kill them all but you never know.

Comment

Your best bet is to go back over all of your steps and check all of your work. Most likely you will find the problem.
                              Originally posted by 92-cb7 View Post
                              Yesterday I decided to change the two buls in my cluster that make the needle more visible. After doing so I noticed that only one of the bulbs that are over the needle work and everything else that worked no longer does. Is this normal seeing as the other bulbs worked and now they don't

Comment

Working...
                              X