SUSP: ROH Conversion with 282mm rotors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ronald_Type-R View Post
    Cam, all you need to do is re-use your stock 23T brackets with those calipers and they will work just fine Sorry for this super late reply hahaha...
    Now you tell me. lol. Didn't even think of looking at the stock brackets.

Originally posted by Flatline View Post
    Thanks. that helps a lot. laid it out well. friggin CL hubs are damn expensive.
    Try having to import them from USA to Australia on top of that.
    Members Ride Thread

Comment

can you use the stock accord calipers with the prelude rotors? also does anyone know where to get the acura hubs for cheap?

Comment

[QUOTE=birdman86;2294959]can you use the stock accord calipers with the prelude rotors?QUOTE]

Not if you're using the 11.1" brake setup. The prelude rotors are 1" larger in diameter. For a cheap upgrade you can get wagon calipers, rotors and pads. That's what I did. Brings you up to 11.1" brakes in front.

The retainer screws for the rotors are usually removed/installed with an impact wrench. If you don't have one, take a philips head (preferrably a socket attachment) and smack it with a hammer then they'll remove easier. I stripped the head off one before I found this out. Good news, the bolts are dirt cheap from Honda.

Comment

well i have an extra set of prelude brakes, could i use a wagon caliper with them or do i have to get the prelude ones?

Comment

someone did use prelude parts to do this and it was cheaper. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&highlight=ROH

my concerns in doing this ROH swap is with my ABS. i have a 93 EX with ABS. will i have any issues in it not functioning properly if i do this swap?
            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by xkjnboix View Post
              someone did use prelude parts to do this and it was cheaper. http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...&highlight=ROH

my concerns in doing this ROH swap is with my ABS. i have a 93 EX with ABS. will i have any issues in it not functioning properly if i do this swap?
              Nah. The tone ring is on the axle and the pickup is mounted to the knuckle. Changing the hub, rotor and caliper won't change anything in the ABS system.

Comment

[QUOTE=mj213;2294983]
                Originally posted by birdman86 View Post
                can you use the stock accord calipers with the prelude rotors?QUOTE]

Not if you're using the 11.1" brake setup. The prelude rotors are 1" larger in diameter. For a cheap upgrade you can get wagon calipers, rotors and pads. That's what I did. Brings you up to 11.1" brakes in front.

The retainer screws for the rotors are usually removed/installed with an impact wrench. If you don't have one, take a philips head (preferrably a socket attachment) and smack it with a hammer then they'll remove easier. I stripped the head off one before I found this out. Good news, the bolts are dirt cheap from Honda.
                are you talking about the bolts that you see right when you take the wheel off? next to the studs? i stripped the head too, using my impact. how will the screwdriver help?
                2013 Ice Cream Cruise!
                VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise
                VIDEO: 2012 Ice Cream Cruise part 2
                The single largest cruise in the Midwest!
                August 3 ~ Omaha, NE

By 1320 Video

Member's Ride Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mj213 View Post

are you talking about the bolts that you see right when you take the wheel off? next to the studs? i stripped the head too, using my impact. how will the screwdriver help?
                  Yeah, when I changed my rotors the same thing happened. You need to get a bolt removal kit. The things dig into whats left of the head and make it so you can get the bolt out. A pretty indispensable tool to have when most of the bolts on our cars are rusty.

Comment

quick questions;; so 92-01 brackets are all the same? and am i using SH or Base parts for those 97 parts? i would think base right?
                    2004 Accord Sedan CM6 (daily)
                    Koni Yellows, Hood Bra,Splash Guards,Deck Lid,Weather Mats,Sunroof Visor,Fog Lights <-All OEM, Mugen Door Visors, 07 Tsx Wheels.
                    1990 Accord Coupe CB7 (project)
                    H22 Swap, Skunk2 Springs on Koni Str.t, Rear Disk Swap, Fog Lights, 92-93 Trunk Conversion, 02 Accord Rims

Comment

also what other cars share this 23t bracket? b/c i search on car-part.com & other cars came up wit the same caliper i would imagine the backet should b the same for some other cars.
                      Koni Yellows, Hood Bra,Splash Guards,Deck Lid,Weather Mats,Sunroof Visor,Fog Lights <-All OEM, Mugen Door Visors, 07 Tsx Wheels.
                      H22 Swap, Skunk2 Springs on Koni Str.t, Rear Disk Swap, Fog Lights, 92-93 Trunk Conversion, 02 Accord Rims

Comment

okay well since noone answered my question i went ahead and figured it out myself hopefully it will work but i found a CRV i think it was a 2000; but anyways i took them off and the bracket had 23T on it and the caliper had 15V so if im not mistaken this should work correct? i can use tht assembly as is?

Comment

Will my 15" Lude Si rims still fit if I did this?
                          Your man for wiring solutions!
                          CB7Man's Coupe H22 Swap
                          CB7Man's Sedan Resurrected From The Dead

Comment

dont forget to add the detail to the caliper fitting that users need 3-4mm washer between the bracket and the mount on the arm for proper brake pad offset
                            frostwhite225@gmail.com =VENMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOB38zJu66o

[COLOR="Magenta"]

Comment

Originally posted by drzcb7 View Post
                              okay well since noone answered my question i went ahead and figured it out myself hopefully it will work but i found a CRV i think it was a 2000; but anyways i took them off and the bracket had 23T on it and the caliper had 15V so if im not mistaken this should work correct? i can use tht assembly as is?
                              anyone?? i will be doing this very soon dnt wanna take it apart find out i got the wrong parts... lol

Comment

another question would 14's fit by doing this mod??

Comment

Working...
                                X