fleetw00d : 1990 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fleetw00d : 1990 Accord LX

A little(?) late starting this. I'll have to dig up some older photos.

1990 Accord LX Sedan. Purchased by my wife and her late husband in 1992 with 37,750 miles. Now at 313,000+. It has spent, and continues to spend, its life as a daily driver.

MOD LIST

ENGINE
    - F22A6 with H23 intake manifold (Original F22A1 engine swapped out at 331,200)
    - PT6 ECM
    - F22A4 Exhaust manifold
    - F22A6 Exhaust from manifold back

EXTERIOR
    - EX lip
    - Extensive quarter panel rust repair (http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=180806), the rest of the body is all original sheet metal.
    - 92-93 door guards
    - 92-93 front license plate bracket

INTERIOR
    - EX front seats
    - Custom (vinyl painted) leather door panel inserts
    - Custom recovered rear deck
    - CB9 trunk compartment

SUSPENSION/WHEELS
    - Bilstein front shocks with OEM springs
    - Bilstein rear shocks with OEM springs (3/30/17)
    - EX front and rear sway bars
    - Mugen front shock tower brace
    - Mugen rear shock tower brace
    - 92-93 EX 12 spoke alloy wheels (refinished by RimWorks in Dayton, Ohio)

AUDIO/ELECTRONICS
    - 1991 OEM 6 disk C/D changer
    - Honda dual cone 6.5 inch speakers
    - Compact CB radio mounted in console, all controls on plug in mic, K40 antenna mount in trunk lid

FUTURE PLANS
    - scrapped plans for rear disc swap for the time being.
    Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-02-2017, 11:11 PM.
    90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
    08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

I know that the "Rescuing Ruby" thread has received all of the attention,
    but for this MR thread to have been here this long without any replies is just despicable ..

If I miss this ride being passed by for MROM .. please, someone smack me.
    Fleetw00d, your dedication to Ruby, along with Silver, and the amount of Cb's you've had ..
    Dude .. front-a-the-class .. top of the list!

Matter a fact, I'd make the Ruby thread your members ride thread ..
    Always look forward to your threads and posts .. specially new stuff!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Super clean for a daily driver
      -1992 Accord EX H22 234whp 185wtq
      -1993 Accord EX SOLD
      -1995 Accord EX Wagon Daily Driver
      -2012 GMC Canyon V8 4x4

Comment

This is by far my favorite CB7 on the entire site. I would kill to have one half as clean as yours. Two thumbs way way up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinchmyhandle View Post
          This is by far my favorite CB7 on the entire site. I would kill to have one half as clean as yours. Two thumbs way way up.
          Thanks. No need to kill - just requires a decision to maintain and repair the car correctly, sometimes disregarding the economic reality of the situation. As an engineer, it is both a challenge and a source of self satisfaction (pride?) to keep Ruby and my other CBs looking good and in good running condition.
          90 LX 4dr 5 spd 396,014 (sold 1/1/2022) - MRT: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=201450
          08 Element LX FWD AT 229,000 - MRT: fleetw00d : 2008 Honda Element LX - CB7Tuner Forums

Comment

What a fukin beaut! Love that color. Will match my oem maroon leather interior very well.

Edit, why did you go with the 9293 wheels on a 90? Just asking.
            **Blk Housed Slut Crew Member #1**

**Don't b scared be prepared for the worst**
            Da Drizzle's Sedan - Dr. Diy's Blk Housed Thread

'90 2Tone Coupe-Car Heaven_'89 Lude-Junk Yard
            Mostly Usdm, some Jdm,Edm,&Puerto Rican RICE

Comment

Originally posted by F20A CB7 View Post
              Edit, why did you go with the 9293 wheels on a 90? Just asking.
              I ran a set of 90-91 17 spokes for a long time, but every time I washed the car, I hated trying to clean between the spokes. So during all my JY excursions and searching on line, I found several sets of 12 spokes to redo for my wife's 93 LX and for Ruby. Basically, I just like the 12 and 6 spoke wheels better than the 17s.

Comment

Recently purchased a low mileage (100,000) F22A6. Timing belt, water pump, shaft seals, plug tube seals already done. Already has an H23 intake plenum; I may add another spacer while I have it out of the car. Will go through and replace hoses and rear main seal, then clean it up real well before installation. I may look into putting an Accord 5th gear in the H22 trans when I pull the existing engine.

Thanks to my neighbor for the use of the stand and helping to lift it out of the van. I should have checked with him first before looking all over town for a reasonably priced one.
                Last edited by Fleetw00d; 08-01-2017, 09:32 PM.

Comment

I had a set of tan door panel leather inserts, but the lower portion of them was stained - nothing I tried, bleach, brake cleaner, Magic Eraser, did anything to the stain. Stopped by my favorite upholstery shop; he indicated it would be very expensive to recover them. He recommended SEM vinyl coating. I masked off the leather section, then recoated the remainder to a color close the the exterior color of the car. My driver door before and after coated insert, new armrest (another stain I couldn't remove), and recovered speaker grille.

Last edited by Fleetw00d; 11-29-2020, 08:25 PM.

Comment

glad too see you adding the personal touches on the beautifully restored cb.
                    CB7TUNER.com
                    Educating each other one car at a time.

Comment

Liking door panels.
                      RETIRED...

Comment

That's looking so nice! Came out GREAT in the after shot!
                        I might be partial, because I LOVE the EDM interior red door lights,
                        but they would look insane with that leather and color!

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                        http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

this thing is so clean and your in ohio.. ugh you see that black 2 door ex in colombus area???!? 5spd 300k for 1500 or whatever it has my name calling it but im so afraid of buying it and having it rotted out. My shop would probably do a decent job at first but the rust would always come back to haunt me, and i wouldn't know where to get all the trim i'd need to pull off around quarter panel area.

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
                          out of the game for now but looking

Comment

If I had to buy another one, I would look in the south (Knoxville and Nashville, TN always seem to have some nice ones on craigslist - long day's round trip). I would avoid doing another full quarter panel replacement like I did on Ruby. That said, if you're carefull, all the existing trim can be removed without damaging it. I have some left over from the 93 EX coupe I wrecked a couple years ago.

Why would you sell one with only 91,000 miles on it?

Comment

i sold it in 09' as i only have one car garage and along with my mom n pop having cars each.. that would be 3 cars one small driveway, so i sold her to pretty much puta down payment on a 04' G35x in 09' as well. It was completely shot though both quarters, every door, i dont know what it was but i adored it minus the rust. Looking for another one just has to be an EX and rust free.

1990 Accord EX 91200 miles..SOLD 2700$
                              out of the game for now but looking

Comment

Working...
                              X