Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

1991 Accord LX Race Car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ukemike View Post
    I was one of the folks that suggested you come here. Welcome.

Ha thats funny! small world

Comment

Originally posted by Offroadr View Post
      can you post some pics of your ducting work? I have been thinking of doing the same thing.

I think the brakes need all the help they can get. I have been also been looking for some kind of scoop to put on the lower quarters and drilling through the body with a duct to the rear brakes as well. Haven't found what I am looking for on the web.

Won't have pics of the way it is plumbed in until this weekend. Hint 3' of duct per side is the least you can get away with.
      ==========================
      1991 Accord Lemons Race Car, "The Minnow" RIP
      1993 Accord Lemons Race Car, "SpaceEx Starship"
      Neuspeed Race Springs, Koni Sports, Acura CL Rear Sway Bar,
      Adj Upper Control Arms -3.0deg front, -2.0 deg rear
      M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.
      Acura CL3.0 Brakes Front and Rear, Raybestos St43 Pads, Redline 600 Brake Fluid

Comment

nice work!

what did you guys use to get that tar like insulation off the floor to weld you spreader plates in? That is some tough stuff

Comment

nice work!

what did you guys use to get that tar like insulation off the floor to weld your spreader plates in? That is some tough stuff
          HA! We bought ours from another LeMons team. They did a real nice job on the cage. Ask that question in the LeMons forum. Most cars have the same stuff, so many there have done it.

You should start a build thread in here so you can post your progress and ask your questions. I'd subscribe for sure. The nice thing about having the discussion here is that if you talk about doing cheaty things the judges won't be likely to see it. If you show up with a basically stock motor and a not obviously modded suspension then you'll be in B class with no laps. But if you start asking questions on lemons about how to disguise your new bilstien heavy duty shocks...

Not that we have bilstiens. I only wish we had that much spare money. Is anyone interested in making an investment that is guaranteed not to pay off in anything but thanks and warm feelings? OR... We have one team member that hinted that he'd sell his soul for a tranny with lower gears and an LSD. Any takers? one slightly tarnished soul for an H23LSD tranny? Well maybe not such a good deal, I suspect his soul already has a lien on it.
          M2A4 Trans, Cusco 1-way Limited Slip Differential, Stage 2 Clutch and 11lb flywheel. A4 Header, 2" exhaust all the way back, catalyst delete, delta 262 grind, glasspack muffler, PT6 ECU.

Comment

nice work!

what did you guys use to get that tar like insulation off the floor to weld you spreader plates in? That is some tough stuff
            Dry ice.

Google "removing insulation in cars with dry ice"

Comment

I used an air chisel lol

Comment

I used an air chisel lol
                Would have been a lot easier with the dry ice.

Did you end up scratching the crap out of the floor? Probably lucky you didn't put a hole through it either.

Comment

Popped right off, super easy. Did I scratch it? Yes, do I care? Lol no

Comment

Does anyone know how much brake fluid is required to flush the system completely? I looked up the fluid capacity faq here but for brakes it said something like "top it off". I want to flush the DOT3 out of there completely and replace with some racing DOT4.
                    It took me pretty much a full 32oz bottle of fluid to bleed my brakes until mine were clean.
                    I'm faster then a prius

Comment

Originally posted by GTRON View Post
                      It took me pretty much a full 32oz bottle of fluid to bleed my brakes until mine were clean.
                      Yeah it ended up taking me a lot too. We're using Redline 600, it ain't cheap. I have to say it is nearly miraculous and worth the price. Our brakes got so hot at our last race after the pad material all wore off that the backing melted and distorted and even with that heat the fluid didn't boil!

Comment

Won't have pics of the way it is plumbed in until this weekend. Hint 3' of duct per side is the least you can get away with.

Dude, I'm super curious how you're ducting your brake ducts. I want to add them to my lemons car and it will be pretty easy on the passenger side, but I cant see how to route the ducting on the drivers side. The engine pulleys and belts are really in the way for routing the hoses.
                        What diameter hose are you using?
                        Can you take lots of pics of the ducting?

Did you remove the splash shield from the brakes? That's the first thing you should do to improve cooling.

I fabbed some up for my E30 track car and used 3" tubing. I documented it here:
                        Check out the 5th post http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=262155

Oh here's a pic of the caliper on my Accord, you can see the missing splash shield a bit, and like I mentioned, the Raybestos ST43 pads are lasting 2 or 3+ races

Comment

good discussion! I pulled the shields off all four brakes, I also removed the rubber fender extensions that protected the airbox and washer tank when I removed them . i figure that will help with airflow when I get to working on the bumper cover.

Rear brakes I put on EBC yellow, now that I know I have Akebono calipers I can get front pads, bought the wrong ones, live and learn lol

Comment

Race next weekend

Thunderhill is next weekend may 20something. I've been working on aero.

Check out the redneck splitter.

I also replaced the right headlight with a ram-air intake and we have the brake ducts installed. I don't have a picture but I also fabbed up a spoiler on the rear.

Comment

I love the boat railing on the hood!

Comment

Ready for thill?! I wish we could be at the same race

Comment

Working...
                                X