Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

EZ upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EZ upgrade

Whats something that its an ez upgrade for our stock motors something that's not expense something that can be installed or replaces in minutes of time .... any advise?

91 lx that I call Cinnamon

a lighter and more experienced driver.
    I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by 91LXGOLD View Post
      Whats something that its an ez upgrade for our stock motors something that's not expense something that can be installed or replaces in minutes of time .... any advise?
      If you have an a1, this is for you... http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...%24500+upgrade

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
      Originally posted by Mishakol129
      Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

air intake

Comment

yea but those may take too many minutes of his time? my first CAI took me 4 hours because i had to make the hole bigger for the piping.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

yea but those may take too many minutes of his time? my first CAI took me 4 hours because i had to make the hole bigger for the piping.
            True, but luckily most of them require very little automotive knowledge, so anybody should be able to do them. If your talking like LITERALLY a couple of minute there arent many, short ram intake, air filter, plug wires, plugs (but that may be pushing your couple of minutes limit), not much else.
            Originally posted by Mishakol129
            Do not disrespect my intelligence. I am the smartest person I know : )

Comment

P12 ECU, Air intake , bisi header or any reputable company that makes headers , just a few to begin with... Do some more research especially on the kinda of motor your running.

Good luck

Check Out My Work In Progess . . . . .

Comment

Honestly a tune up will do you alot of good.Nothing takes 1min that will help you any an even full bolt on's wont help you that much an thats 2hours plus of work an cost atleast over $500 an thats being very generous on both time an money.Also no real point in a bisi's header unless you've got other parts to get the full benefit out of his header that $700+ could go else where.Thats my veiw on it since i seen real life dyno numbers on 19dabeast85's Bolt on setup.Unless your going crazy its a waste IMO.
                Last edited by SOHC-FTW; 09-11-2011, 02:16 AM.

02 Crv
                02 silverado Ex cab Z71, 2011 TRD 17" wheels, 245/80/17, ls1 cam, AFE intake, 3" catback, tuned by Larry at LSXperformance&pcm tuning driven daily.
                92 Acura Legend colbalt blue LS Coupe, custom intake, custom vibrant 2.5 cat back, led cluster and high beams, 2016 Coyote GT 18x8 wheels 235/40/18.
                Coming Soon Tein TSX coilovers.

Comment

His only option is a P12 ECU... and that is ONLY if he has the F22A1.

Anything else will take more than a few minutes.

Sorry OP, you are out of luck. There aren't any easy upgrades.

Comment

You guys are funny I didnt mean a couple minutes like literally a couple just something that wasn't gone be 8 plus hours of man power... reason why is I work 14 hour shits starting at 10pm so when I get home my time is limited and do to one car not trying to b stuck.. but thank you for the advise guys

91 lx that I call Cinnamon

Comment

And this is why we need a Like button. True advice right there!
                      SOHC Non-VTEC F-series for life

"It is the fools prerogative to utter truths that no one else will speak."
                      -Morpheus (The Sandman)

Comment

Compucar makes a nitrous oxide kit that's called "bottle in a bag"; they say with a little practice it can be installed in less than ten minutes. You're not going to get more power in less time than that. < than $400

SRI can be done in 15 minutes easily, CAI will take a little longer initially due to it being a little longer and needing some sheetmetal work in order to fit. After that, it shouldn't take long to replace for whatever reason. The piping doesn't matter (except for size, bigger is better on the intake) but get a decent filter, not some crap. <$100

Header and exhaust should take less than an hour. Expect to pay over $250 for the whole thing, header, cat, etc., even if you go with a generic knock-off.

The P12 ecu swap will take about 15 minutes or so. $25 - $100

Weight reduction. Start pulling out things you don't need. FREE!

Comment

Originally posted by visualpoet View Post
                          Compucar makes a nitrous oxide kit that's called "bottle in a bag"; they say with a little practice it can be installed in less than ten minutes. You're not going to get more power in less time than that. < than $400

SRI can be done in 15 minutes easily, CAI will take a little longer initially due to it being a little longer and needing some sheetmetal work in order to fit. After that, it shouldn't take long to replace for whatever reason. The piping doesn't matter (except for size, bigger is better on the intake) but get a decent filter, not some crap. <$100

Header and exhaust should take less than an hour. Expect to pay over $250 for the whole thing, header, cat, etc., even if you go with a generic knock-off.

The P12 ecu swap will take about 15 minutes or so. $25 - $100

Weight reduction. Start pulling out things you don't need. FREE!

very true

you could cut the stock intake box make a homemade short ram
                          back at it again

Comment

Working...
                          X