Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

junkyard haul #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

junkyard haul #2

After having such a great time at a couple of junkyards on Saturday, hit two more on Sunday and ended up with a Bose Amp and bracket, Acura bose head unit and another Acura head unit with equalizer that came out of a Legend. The Bose unit has a 5 digit number on the top so I'm hoping that's the code. Also got a piece of side molding to replace the dented one on my car.

You know theres a thread about jy hauls for the whole community right? I can't really search right now I'm on my phone or I would find it for you. Or you couldve just posted in your previous thread. I still wouldve looked at it.

Thats cool though
    Last edited by Quashish; 01-08-2013, 09:32 PM.

C-3PO's MRT USDM yo!

then i see my baby, suddenly I'm not crazy,
    It all makes sense when i look into her eyes

Comment

Thanks for the info. I did see the thread but for some reason thought it was outside the beginner's forum so I didn't post. Still learning my way around the forum.

Originally posted by Quashish View Post
      You know theres a thread about jy hauls for the whole community right? I can't really search right now I'm on my phone or I would find it for you. Or you couldve just posted in your previous thread. I still wouldve looked at it.

Thats cool though
      Last edited by SEgirl; 01-08-2013, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SEgirl View Post
        After having such a great time at a couple of junkyards on Saturday, hit two more on Sunday and ended up with a Bose Amp and bracket, Acura bose head unit and another Acura head unit with equalizer that came out of a Legend. The Bose unit has a 5 digit number on the top so I'm hoping that's the code. Also got a piece of side molding to replace the dented one on my car.

I tossed my Bose amp out on the highway when it quit working.
        You can still buy the Bose speakers for our cars at some thing like $160 a set, I found a website awhile back when I had my SE.

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
          You can still buy the Bose speakers for our cars at some thing like $160 a set, I found a website awhile back when I had my SE.
          this is correct but I have lost the link to the site when I reformatted my cpu.

The bose speakers do sound great in our cars for what they were in their time. My buddy still has his oem ones connected to an aftermarket deck. I never knew, and one day I even asked him if he had a subwoofer in there cause it sounded so nice lol
          Everyday is one day closer to completing my cb7 <3

Comment

Had to replace the amps in both of my cars and replaced them with other Bose that I found on e-bay. I had no idea that you could use aftermarket amps with the OEM Bose until reading the Bose Myths and Facts post on this board not that long ago. So, for the last few years I've been stockpiling OEM Bose amps and Bose OEM radios as I've found them (I know I can do better but I like to keep things original). I now have a total of 2 spare Bose Amps and 6 Bose head units laying around.

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post

Comment

Originally posted by SEgirl View Post
              I know I can do better but I like to keep things original.
              I am the same. Something about the factory look and oem feel thats timeless and cohesive visual feel thats very appealing.

I usually upgrade to another Oem Honda from a latter model, giving me the upgrade but still retain that original look , fit, form and function.

Fitting a decent modern aftermarket speakers usually further improves the oem decks sound. Its not seen and so doesnt change the factory look and feel.

Another reason I like oem is the security, tends to last than the newer ones which tend to
              Be made to break sooner.

WARNING-JY hunting is an addictive pastime and you can blow budgets and can occupy living space! Lol

Nice Finds!
              Rides:

Accord
              92-JDM-2.0 Si- "4ws" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
              96-AUDM-2.2 VTiS- Heather Mist

CR-X
              88-JDM-Si- Black

CR-X Del Sol
              92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Motegi Edition - Silver
              95-JDM-SiR "Transtop" Daytona Edition - Silver
              92-JDM-SiR "Transtop" - Black

Prelude
              91-JDM-Si-4ws "Si States" - Phoenix Red
              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition" - Bordeaux Red Pearl
              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita" - Cobalt Blue Pearl
              91-AUDM-Si-4ws "Cita Lux Edition"- Gun Metal Grey

Comment

Originally posted by JDMDriver View Post

WARNING-JY hunting is an addictive pastime and you can blow budgets and can occupy living space! Lol

Nice Finds!
                Haha. Yes indeed addictive. I sometimes go to the JY when I'm bored

Members' Ride Thread :http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...82#post2939682
                My CB7 Tribute Vid..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqWFstSzLH8
                Track ready EK..https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoYKsoL0i7M

Comment

Working...
                X