Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lifetime front end alignment from Firestone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifetime front end alignment from Firestone.

Anyone know about how much it costs? And what does "lifetime" entail? I can't find it on the firestone website.
    VIP Status.

about $150. Lifetime means as long as you own the car.

Comment

i have it for both my wagon and coupe
      i was swapping different suspensions, springs, and full bodied coilovers and knew i would be adjusting the height and camber to where i needed it

i have taken my wagon three times and the coupe four times so it has paid for itself already but i swap components more often than your average person

i you plan on adjusting height or camber one than one time then i would recommend getting the lifetime

sometimes they have it for 120 instead of 170
      ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

I need new suspension on the Talon, but not for a little while....but it does need an alignment. I can get a regular alignment for about $45 inc. tax from Kimball's.

My steering wheel pulls...and at high speeds it is unpredictable. Toe-in is noticable
        VIP Status.

Comment

firestone will screw the alignment up even worse than what you brought it in. common misconception is fwd cars need front end alignment only. the rear will affect steering and straightness...it's the first thing you adjust when you do an alignment. take it from someone that has done alignments.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Originally posted by wed3k View Post
            firestone will screw the alignment up even worse than what you brought it in. common misconception is fwd cars need front end alignment only. the rear will affect steering and straightness...it's the first thing you adjust when you do an alignment. take it from someone that has done alignments.
            that is like saying outback or red lobster has shitty food at everyone of there locations. the cook that made the food (or the mechanic that did the alignment)does not works at every other establishment around the nation.

with that being said my alignment guy used to worked at tire kingdom and left to firestone. he has a sedan cb and that is how i started to know the guy, he is ase certified in suspension and has always done both front and rear

i can't say the same about every other firestone though
            ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

im ase certified in cylinder heads...never done a crack repair in my life.
              I <3 G60.

Comment

im ase certified in cylinder heads...never done a crack repair in my life.
                that is very true.

i didn't know that there was a certification for strictly heads(never knew anyone who was more so ever)
                how exactly would it be repaired without compromising integrity.
                ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

most machinists around here dont have ase certifications, it's all about reputation.

Firestone doesnt have a reputation...it's like going to costco or sears. id rather chance it out and go with a recommendation.
                  I <3 G60.

Comment

so this lifetime alignment is not a 4 wheel? That is beyond stupid. After doing alignments myself I never understood how anyone would ever think you do not need to check the rear...thrust angle folks...thrust angle!
                    ____

Comment

marketing...they can save 20 dollars by skimping out on the rear.
                      I <3 G60.

Comment

at my firestone it costs 169.99 for a four wheel lifetime alignment(sometimes discounted at 119.99)

i didn't realize it differed from store to store
                        ''COUPE''

''WAGON''

Comment

Mine was 169.99 for 4 wheel alignment like quaidum

They tend to get frustrated if you visit more than once a month

Originally posted by Maple50175
                          Oh here we go again. Maples other half.

Comment

Originally posted by Tnwagn View Post
                            Mine was 169.99 for 4 wheel alignment like quaidum

They tend to get frustrated if you visit more than once a month
                            so it really means lifetime? as in as many times as you'd like, no matter the time period? I thought they'd at least put a stipulation where you can't visit more than once in a certain timeframe.

But I was just about to do that, then the only Firestone nearby closed down and went out of business.

member's ride thread
                            93' EX Coupe H22A w/ P2T4 Sir 5spd 191whp 155 wtq
                            99' Lexus LS400 157k VVTi V8 gets up & goes...new DD
                            91 Accord SE 176k
                            97' Honda Odyssey 199k miles...$485 spare van for my parents

Comment

I guess if you get 2 you get your moneys worth, 3 you come out ahead.

Questions...is this a toe only correction "alignment" or a full on camber/caster/toe? A place I took the sentra too charged $85 for a 4 wheel caster/camber/toe alignment (they had a toe only for cheaper...we needed all).

and will they align lowered cars?

do they align moddified cars at all or ONLY cover "typical wear and tear of parts" I know lifetime warranties will not cover say...if you put on aftermarket adjustable ball joints or shocks...etc
                              ____

Comment

Working...
                              X