CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Appearance

Old 04-14-2012, 05:00 PM   #1
ThePhoenix82
CB7tuner Member

ThePhoenix82 seems to have made some friends! ThePhoenix82 seems to have made some friends!
Rear Trunk emblem

So I polished my car yesterday with a random orbital buffer, everything went well, I'm very happy with the results, but today I was looking around the car and noticed the rear H emblem was not sitting flush. It was coming off so I decided to pull it off gently and take up the holes with masking tape for the now.

So, my question is what can I use to glue it back on? The emblem is still in one piece and everything is good. I'm thinking JB weld, is there a better option?

Thanks!

1993 Honda Accord EX
ThePhoenix82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #2
evil_demon_01

evil_demon_01 is someone to admire evil_demon_01 is someone to admire evil_demon_01 is someone to admire evil_demon_01 is someone to admire
Double sided tape.

Car Safety / General Servicing Checks --------Basic suspension checks

My 5.7 LS1 Holden Ute

A "Finished" project car is never finished until its been sold.

If at first you don't succeed, Try again. Don't give up too easily, persistance pays off in the end.
evil_demon_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:06 PM   #3
JDMDriver
CB7tuner Member

JDMDriver is cool... so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by evil_demon_01 View Post
Double sided tape.
Get the proper type from an automotive store not hard ware store.

Automotive should be black in colour (not white). It should also be weather resistant (not just for inside a home or wall application).

The holes should have a grommet to fit the two prongs in. Ask a replacement from the dealer (or a junk yard) shouldnt cost too much. But its not essential so long as you do the double sided properly. Water may get in the unfilled holes but would be negligible.
JDMDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:12 PM   #4
wherm
CB7tuner Member

wherm seems to have made some friends!
Send a message via AIM to wherm Send a message via Yahoo to wherm
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDMDriver View Post
Get the proper type from an automotive store not hard ware store.

Automotive should be black in colour (not white). It should also be weather resistant (not just for inside a home or wall application).

The holes should have a grommet to fit the two prongs in. Ask a replacement from the dealer (or a junk yard) shouldnt cost too much. But its not essential so long as you do the double sided properly. Water may get in the unfilled holes but would be negligible.
3M makes a great product. Get the 1/4" stuff, you'll have to trim the excess off once you apply it to the emblem, and before you peel off the backing. You won't need much, you might be better off stopping by a body shop and asking a technician if they have a short strip to spare. Try to ask a tech, not someone in the office.
wherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 01:37 AM   #5
docscb7
CB7tuner Member

docscb7 is cool... so far.
I just took off my emblems today. they were held on by double sided tape.

however, like stated before in the thread there is an apoxy made for emblems that you can pick up at your local auto parts store. I would go that route and also hit up your local juck yars for one that still has the nuts on the back side with little to no damage and use that one.
docscb7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: