Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my kill switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post
    i always pondered in using my cruise control switch as a kill switch and still be able to use the cruise control
    If you used a secondary switch that would be possible. Or you could just wire the cruise control to always be on, and just control it from the steering wheel. Then the switch could be used as a kill switch. The cruise control light would always be on, but you could pull the cluster and pull the bulb to solve that.

A switch is a switch though. You can use any of them for anything if you know what you are doing.

I use the a/c switch from a Dodge Avenger on one of my dsm's for activating the bottle warmer on my n2o system. The original switch looked identical, but it wasn't.

Looks stock though
    Originally posted by wed3k
    im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Originally posted by toycar View Post
      If you used a secondary switch that would be possible. Or you could just wire the cruise control to always be on, and just control it from the steering wheel. Then the switch could be used as a kill switch. The cruise control light would always be on, but you could pull the cluster and pull the bulb to solve that.
      i was thinking that this is how it could be done, i always have my CC on (cause i use it everyday) so the light wouldnt bother me. i can just turn off the CC and it'll kill the fuel, thats pretty much what i want to do
      Last edited by mugencivic4dr; 08-01-2013, 04:05 PM.
      FRIENDS
      DONT LET
      FRIENDS
      ROLL ON
      ROTA'S

Comment

Originally posted by pr3pg4lyfe View Post
        o btw i took a pic of my hidden switch. i couldnt get pics of how i ran the wire cause its all wraped up and hidden already. sorry ill do a diy if anyone is interested.

now thats what I call being unique. I want to do something like this but mine hidden inside the carpet somewhere.

Comment

I need to do something like this to my car. I lost my key a while back and now all you have to do to start my car is shove something in the ignition and it starts...

I am going to get a locksmith to make me a new door key then wire up some kind of push button start. I was thinking of implementing the kill switch into my ac controls some how now that I don't have ac. Put something like this behind the fan speed setting so that you have to have it in a certain place, pushing the switch down, for the car to turn over. This would make the switch completely invisible and basically impossible to find.

Switch

If you are smart about the wiring, doing something like this will make it nearly impossible for a thief to find the switch and steal your car.

You could make your car have to be in reverse to start, make it have to have the steering wheel in a certain position, make it so the window has to be partially down, the options are almost unlimited.

Comment

True true
            After you get your new key made...Go with someone who is an AAA member to a AAA location. They make a credit card key. It is a real plastic key cut to your key. It pops out of the card so you can use it to open door. It advises not to put it into ignition as it will melt..but I have for a VERY short drive home. Has saved me a few times when I left keys upstairs while going back and forth with bags of groceries.
            I would love to find that genius wiring person. With my warped mind..

Old wagon - Silver '92 LX Wagon - Steve (Shadow)- STOLEN ON LABOR DAY 2012
            New wagon- White '92 LX Wagon on 1/3/13 (Frostbite)

2000 EX Coupe - Joe -

www.AccordWagonClub.com
            My Facebook Site - ACCORDOBSESSION

Comment

Originally posted by mugencivic4dr View Post
              i was thinking that this is how it could be done, i always have my CC on (cause i use it everyday) so the light wouldnt bother me. i can just turn off the CC and it'll kill the fuel, thats pretty much what i want to do

Cool

So if you just bypassed the switch your cruise control would always be on.
              Then, you could use the on/off switch for cruise to control the fuel pump. Pretty easy and straight forward too.
              Originally posted by wed3k
              im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Working...
              X