Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

So who likes fish tanks???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im building a new setup, 40B.

Making a stand for it as well.\

From this

To this

To THIS

I didnt want doors. Dont like them. I always hit them when im working on my plants in the tank. So I made a removable door.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McSAm3hV1SU&feature=plcp
    Last edited by accordztech; 08-25-2012, 01:53 AM.
    What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

I love nooBs...They make me look good

Comment

thats a nice stand man!great color choice!

my new turbo build

Comment

I like fish tanks, but I currently don't own one. I'm planning on getting one when I buy a house.
        The Lord watches over me!

"Stop punching down on my people!!!"

- D. Chappelle

Comment

Love the stand! Start with a small one dude!

KEEP IT NICE, NOT RICE

Comment

Originally posted by keepinitclean View Post
            Love the stand! Start with a small one dude!

Hah what you mean start with a small one?
            What makes me laugh about forums, is that no matter how much you try to help someone, they dont take the advice. Go ahead and do it the hard way.

You got to respect what you drive, and appreciate what you have, making the best of what you got. and if that means putting CAI, HID's, a phat stereo system, and a idiot in the drivers seat...then so be it!

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by accordztech View Post
              Hah what you mean start with a small one?
              It hurts less.

Comment

just got my fish tank the other day and then got a few fish for it. It's a 10 gallon fresh water tank and my first one. I do have a few questions. the tank came with a filter system. do you guys recommend any thing else like a heater, one of those bubbler things (which do those actually do anything besides look cool?) and should i get more live plants or fake ones? and is there anything else that you guys would recommend that i get?

thanks for the help I have always liked fish tanks and have wanted one now i finally have one.

Comment

Originally posted by nowzor View Post

just got my fish tank the other day and then got a few fish for it. It's a 10 gallon fresh water tank and my first one. I do have a few questions. the tank came with a filter system. do you guys recommend any thing else like a heater, one of those bubbler things (which do those actually do anything besides look cool?) and should i get more live plants or fake ones? and is there anything else that you guys would recommend that i get?

thanks for the help I have always liked fish tanks and have wanted one now i finally have one.
                  Did it come with an under gravel filter? If it did, then you might be better off getting a better filter. Under gravel filters are a PITA to keep clean just because well..they are UNDER gravel. LOL.

Heater is highly recommended especially if you have tropical fish to help keep the temp regulated and your fish happy. Believe it or not fish are temperamental like humans and can get sick if they aren't happy. That being said measure your pH levels every once in a while or take it to a chain pet store and have them measure it for free.

The lil bubbler things are cool and all but unless you get a quality pump, it's not worth it. I have had a few pumps give out in the middle of the night and wake up in the morning and find out i'm walking through a swamp because the water back fed through the tubes and dumped close to half a tank on my floor. Not fun to clean up. Also, cheaper pumps are a lot noisier than the better ones even under normal operation.

Plants look good in a tank but in a 10 gal. will just make it unnecessarily crowded. Live plants are obviously nice to look at but overtime lead to tiny snails growing. Atleast that was my experience with them. Fake plants are like fake tits. They might look nice at first but the more you look at them the more plastic they look.

The one thing i would definitely recommend is a product called the MagFloat. http://magfloat.com/ Their description is more than likely much better than anything i can give you.

Hope this helps. Any more questions, LMK. I went up from a 10 to a 29 to a 55gal. Now i have nothing. I might set up the 29 gallon again after reading this thread lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Sobeman81 View Post
                    It hurts less.
                    hah not in my world! Most of the equiptment rounds off to about the same price. But all my equiptment is inline and hidden under my stand, like my heater, my uv sterilizer, co2 tank, and my canister filter.

I started with a small tank, ended up spending money to go bigger. It was basically the smaller tanks cost more money, like the nano tanks

Then I went with a 55 for 2 years, liked it. But I really want the depth of the 40g breeder to do some aquascaping. So this will be my next project until I get a place of my own.

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Oh i think you completely missed my attempt at a joke/innuendo in that one lol.

Comment

Originally posted by sobeman81 View Post
                        oh I Think You Completely Missed My Attempt At A Joke/innuendo In That One Lol.

:d

Retro!

Hater

Comment

Originally posted by nowzor View Post

Did it come with an under gravel filter? If it did, then you might be better off getting a better filter. Under gravel filters are a PITA to keep clean just because well..they are UNDER gravel. LOL.

Heater is highly recommended especially if you have tropical fish to help keep the temp regulated and your fish happy. Believe it or not fish are temperamental like humans and can get sick if they aren't happy. That being said measure your pH levels every once in a while or take it to a chain pet store and have them measure it for free.

The lil bubbler things are cool and all but unless you get a quality pump, it's not worth it. I have had a few pumps give out in the middle of the night and wake up in the morning and find out i'm walking through a swamp because the water back fed through the tubes and dumped close to half a tank on my floor. Not fun to clean up. Also, cheaper pumps are a lot noisier than the better ones even under normal operation.

Plants look good in a tank but in a 10 gal. will just make it unnecessarily crowded. Live plants are obviously nice to look at but overtime lead to tiny snails growing. Atleast that was my experience with them. Fake plants are like fake tits. They might look nice at first but the more you look at them the more plastic they look.

The one thing i would definitely recommend is a product called the MagFloat. http://magfloat.com/ Their description is more than likely much better than anything i can give you.

Hope this helps. Any more questions, LMK. I went up from a 10 to a 29 to a 55gal. Now i have nothing. I might set up the 29 gallon again after reading this thread lol.
                          nice 10 gallon.but that size of a tank is really only good for plants not fish.most fresh water fish eaither out grow the tank and get mean or need a school of 5 or more to really thrive and be happy.a hang on back filter made for 10-20 gallon tanks will be fine i suggest getting a aqua clear model probably the aqua clear 20.if you go plants you will need the correct lighting for them to grow.a heater is deff in order.bubbler if you want but the water movement from the filter and the oxygen giving off from the plants is more than enough.you don't need a magnet to clean the glass.in fact if you have any type of algae in the tank than you are using too much light.should be light for a minimum of 8hrs and max of 10hrs the rest no light or a moon light.if i were you id look for a full set up on craigslist under community.you could probably find a full 55 gallon tank set up for about 200 or less with stand and everything ready to go.o also want to add about using a bubblrt,use a check valve so you dont end up like the swamp monster above lol.

anything else?
                          Last edited by 92smokeaccord; 08-28-2012, 01:35 AM.

my new turbo build

Comment

set it up man set it up!

my new turbo build

Comment

Not my fish tank but if i could i would own this.

Jesus drove a Honda, he just didnt talk about it like us. Proof - John 12:49 "For i did not speak of my own accord."
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              den das al u ned u no dat u get wurs gas milge tho rite?
                              Originally posted by deevergote
                              These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

Comment

I have a 30 gal tank and stand (cube shaped not rectangular), I'm looking to unload if anyone is interested. Send me a PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X