No announcement yet.

Why do cops hate hondas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel as if tax payers money is best used preventing DWIs not speeding. It's pathetic that so many people get away in court with DWI charges yet speeders rarely do. Not like I am saying speeding is good, but it is not common that speeders cause accidents, or worse. The intoxicated are more likely to cause serious injuries to others and they are given too many damn breaks! No more exceptions for them!
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by Bcozzi71 View Post
      Also I'm not saying I stop every modified honda or every black guy in a nice part of town. It's just kind of a feeling that you get and your following up on it. The black guy who looked homeless was in a gated part of down where phillies players and flyers player live. It wasn't because he was black but the fact he looked homeless. Iv seen many Hondas that are slammed and modified but I don't stop them. It has to so with where they are.. What they are doing.. And other criteria.

The state police got in a lot of trouble for profiling few years back because the found there were many tinted out SUVs (mostly Chevys) coming down the turnpike from NYC with coke( not 100% sure that was the drug) driven by black males. The state police then started stopping cars that fit that description. They got caught and had to stop doing it. However when they were 7-8 out of ten had drugs in the vehicle.

Is that wrong or should they just let them go? Not being a dick just trying to get feedback on what you guys what do?

Holy shit, helluva response

I actually appreciate your honesty.

I am no law maker, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. That being said, I think laws and the expectation of enforcement should revolve more around the intent of the individual and the damage being done to the community police are supposed to protect.

Apply the stereotype with intent in mind I guess. Yeah, that chick is probably a hooker. That guy is probably the pimp.

Her intent is to make money for drugs and keep the pimp happy.

The pimps intent is to abuse, use and reuse women to make money for himself.

The intent is so very different.

The guy speeding/looking like a ricer/whatever is basically an eyesore 9/10 times and no more than an irritation to the public. His intent is to be obnoxious and get noticed.

The kid driving the nice car in the ghetto, is just looking for a buzz. In a few years you won't see this guy in the ghetto anymore, he'll go to the legal cannabis shop. The drug dealer he was meeting, his intent is to reap the benefits of people dealing with drug abuse and supress the community he lives in with drug trade related behavior and side affects.

AYou see what Im getting at? The intent should matter is all im saying.

***Edit***

Just want to take a minute to applaud/thank bcozzi for honesty. Fuckin great to get some honesty from the cop on the board.

I also want to acknowledge that most likely cops that are in this position are following orders from some asshat in a corner desk that doesn't even drive a cruiser anymore. So, its not all their fault(the officer that actually pulls you over) compared to the commanding officer that instructs the guy to pull you over for your tinted windows. Sometimes that shit is just chain of command, but, its still coming from the police and so it all feels the same for us non-police people.
      Last edited by toycar; 03-12-2014, 02:07 PM.
      Originally posted by wed3k
      im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Also I'm not saying I stop every modified honda or every black guy in a nice part of town. It's just kind of a feeling that you get and your following up on it. The black guy who looked homeless was in a gated part of down where phillies players and flyers player live. It wasn't because he was black but the fact he looked homeless. Iv seen many Hondas that are slammed and modified but I don't stop them. It has to so with where they are.. What they are doing.. And other criteria.

The state police got in a lot of trouble for profiling few years back because the found there were many tinted out SUVs (mostly Chevys) coming down the turnpike from NYC with coke( not 100% sure that was the drug) driven by black males. The state police then started stopping cars that fit that description. They got caught and had to stop doing it. However when they were 7-8 out of ten had drugs in the vehicle.

Is that wrong or should they just let them go? Not being a dick just trying to get feedback on what you guys what do?
        I think its wrong. If anything the higher up runners are realizing you are profiling black males in tinted black chevys and are hauling 10X as much right by you in a ford focus with the grandma driving.

And to the black male in a tinted chevy NOT transporting drugs but on his way to church, well....... he is not happy with being pulled over every day/week/month because you want to profile.

So ya. Stop it. Use other indicators besides profiling. Heck, setup a road block 50 miles up the road and stop everyone.

Comment

I agree but if all else fails ya better call Saul

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
            So ya. Stop it. Use other indicators besides profiling. Heck, setup a road block 50 miles up the road and stop everyone.
            Last time they did that in America, the city affected by this succeeded from the nation to protest the road block, the micro nation only lasted a few minutes but still cost the federal government some money for I think it was some bull shit like "war reparations aide". I am talking about the Conch Republic for those who do not know.

Road blocks just make things worse. Though profiling is not any better. There really is not much that can be done except making drug dealing less attractive by either making the drugs legal (HELL no!) or making the punishments drastically more severe.
            Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
              I think its wrong. If anything the higher up runners are realizing you are profiling black males in tinted black chevys and are hauling 10X as much right by you in a ford focus with the grandma driving.

And to the black male in a tinted chevy NOT transporting drugs but on his way to church, well....... he is not happy with being pulled over every day/week/month because you want to profile.

i agree with everything you've stated however i am strongly against the idea of a road block.

cops are not paid to be a public nuisance, they are paid to be public servants. we have the right to travel and commerce and it should not be infringed. i am not one to give up my rights for the trade-off of security. there's a specific term for those people.

we dish out all this money to the enforcement through our tax dollars, i don't know why they have not utilized a damn radar gun that takes a photograph of the vehicle accused of speeding. it's happened many times where another car was speeding and a vehicle closeby that can be "profiled" of this gets accused. .02

get on the roads and stop people who break traffic laws, not people who look like lawbreakers.

more and more it seems we are getting closer to a police state. enforcers step out of their power and somehow find any law broken, even something minor like a damn windshield sticker, and then everyone applauds. and now it's commended and accepted?.... bullshit
              RIP '91 LX.

Comment

People,people,people invest in a dashcam a good one with night vision. When falsely accused take it to court proof beyond reasonable doubt. If the officer is getting on your nerves send it to your lawyer and you may be able to file suit for harassment. Better Call Saul

Comment

I can't argue with a lot of what your guys are saying from what I skimmed (I'll read more later after work) I have friends who are dealing with this in camden New Jersey. Murder and drug capital in the USA last few years. They started a new police force this year and doubled the number of cops in the city. Most cops are on foot now and stopping everyone and anyone to question them for 5 minutes. They are getting a lot of complaints that the police are harassing them. Yet when they stop people who don't have anything they are thanking them for cleaning up the city.
                  That IS harassment. If I'm walking down the street and a cop stops me and wants to question me for no reason IM BEING HARASSED. Point blank. If you have probable cause to stop and question me, then do so. But if I'm having a fine and dandy day, minding my own business I don't need you stop me and wasting 5 minutes of my day.

People need to earn their fucking rights so shit like this will stop happening. If you give in to this govt BS sooner or later our rights won't even matter.

Next time that happens to anyone whether you're driving or not here's what you say:

Dear officer, I nearby exercise all of my constitutional rights.
                  I wish to leave your presence unless you state I'm under arrest.
                  If under arrest, I invoke my Miranda Rights.

I demand immidiate contact to my lawyer *__________*
                  I will not talk without a lawyer present
                  I do not consent to search of my premises, or possessions, including my body, car and effects.

I demand reasonable opportunity to immediately collect my property, or if not possible, only such intrusion as is minimally neccessary to secure it. I waive all claims of liability against you and those you are under if thus afforded.

I hate seeing people not exercise their rights and police OVER stepping the law and their boundaries. Go catch some real fucking criminals instead of harassing me and my friends.

I was lucky enough to come across some good cops this last winter and a couple friends and I decided to smoke some weed. We had no where to go so we went to a public park at 11:30pm thinking no one would see us. Well some cops saw our cars there and the park closed at 11pm. We left a whataburger tray under one car and a pack of gars with it. Of course then the cops knew what was up. As we made our way to our cars (non of us smelled like weed) the cops questioned us. Barely searched us and told us to just smoke at home, we got no tickets just a warning. They saw we were a bunch if college kids with futures ahead of us. Our races 2 mixed, 1 white, 1 Hispanic. 2 guys 2 girls. THOSE are cops I like. They cared that we did it at a park, they asked who I supplier was. Of course we told. We were high as shit. Then they let us go. Go after the provider. Not the user.

Comment

Thanks toycar..... I'm just trying to be honest. I have always hated the stereotypes of cops being bad people. I work with a great group of guys and feel we are really trying to just clean up the streets for the citizens. We have a few asshats who we give shit to for Being ticket nazis.

I understand the frustration on the part of the people who feel like we're harnessing people. We try to stay ahead of the criminals and we get crap yet we lay low and try to be a reactive police department and we get shit. We're our best to find that balance. It's hard to make all 25000 citizens happy.

I know it seems like we are wasting your time especially when you are not doing anything wrong but sometimes we catch that guy with hot gun. Or selling drugs near your kids school or catching that child molester who isn't supposed to be near this park. And if you aren't doing anything I try to just talk to get my face out there and build a relationship with the people so they feel comfortable approaching me with a problem. A few times people we randomly talk to tell us of things we didn't know about and they didn't feel
                    Comfortable calling us. Just a few weeks ago an old lady never called the cops about the drug dealers in her apartment complex. She was scared to go outside her own apartment. They even beat up her 75 year old husband when he told them to leave.We talked to her outside of a store and she just so happened to tell us. We ended going to that apartment every 20 minutes for over 12 hrs just to give her some peace so she could finally go outside her apartment. Worst part is I know they will be back but for those 12hrs I knew she was happy.

People always say stop law breakers not people who look like law breakers but if that's true I could pull over 90% of the cars on the road. Think how often you drive following every single traffic law. We would spend all of our time stoping cars. You have to pick your battles and look for people who you believe are up to no good. The guy driving up and down the street of a known drug house. They lady who goes into a store with a huge winter jacket in 100 degree heat. Maybe she just got off a plane or maybe she is just cold all the time or maybe she just shoplifted. I don't see the harm in stoping to talk to her for 5 minutes and seeing how she acts when I ask her questions. ..... I know not everyone is up to no good but I don't want to be to blame when I know could have taken 5 minutes and prevented someone from hurting someone or themselves.

I pulled over a young white kid in a a drug part of town before who was looking suspicious. He was sweating and driving slow them speeding up driving All over the place and looking panicked Turned out he tried to cross the bridge to go into philly and didn't have cash to cross the bridge so he was looking for a atm. I have him the 5 bucks and sent him on his way. Maybe if I didn't stop him he gets robbed or worse. Maybe everything turns out fine but ya never know.

Comment

There used to be this one cop in my town that if you didn't wave back he would pull you over for looking suspicious. Maybe I was too busy looking at my phone to see you wave at me (It's a joke) but he did get a lot of DUI's because of that little technique. I was actually searched by a cop because I was in my cousins neighborhood waiting outside his house on the side walk which isn't illegal, and a cop asked me why I was sitting outside of the house and not inside and kept asking questions which led to him calling 5 more cars and a drug dog and the search took well over an hour and didn't find anything, now I'm not allowed back in his neighborhood because there were "reports" of a car matching my description disturbing the peace.

JDM powered CB7

Comment

When I had my cb I was pulled over 5 times in 1 month and probably 10 times in the 3 years I had it, never given a ticket. Lies would range from "your tag is expired" or "you took off to fast from that light".
                        Now I drive a Chevy truck and never get a second look
                        FA1

Comment

I have been driving Hondas for over 15 years and have never had a problem. Of course, I don't build cars that draw attention to themselves either. Nor do I actively drive like a shit head.
                          The OFFICIAL how to add me to your ignore list thread!

Comment

Thanks toycar..... I'm just trying to be honest. I have always hated the stereotypes of cops being bad people. I work with a great group of guys and feel we are really trying to just clean up the streets for the citizens. We have a few asshats who we give shit to for Being ticket nazis.

I understand the frustration on the part of the people who feel like we're harnessing people. We try to stay ahead of the criminals and we get crap yet we lay low and try to be a reactive police department and we get shit. We're our best to find that balance. It's hard to make all 25000 citizens happy.

I know it seems like we are wasting your time especially when you are not doing anything wrong but sometimes we catch that guy with hot gun. Or selling drugs near your kids school or catching that child molester who isn't supposed to be near this park. And if you aren't doing anything I try to just talk to get my face out there and build a relationship with the people so they feel comfortable approaching me with a problem. A few times people we randomly talk to tell us of things we didn't know about and they didn't feel
                            Comfortable calling us. Just a few weeks ago an old lady never called the cops about the drug dealers in her apartment complex. She was scared to go outside her own apartment. They even beat up her 75 year old husband when he told them to leave.We talked to her outside of a store and she just so happened to tell us. We ended going to that apartment every 20 minutes for over 12 hrs just to give her some peace so she could finally go outside her apartment. Worst part is I know they will be back but for those 12hrs I knew she was happy.

People always say stop law breakers not people who look like law breakers but if that's true I could pull over 90% of the cars on the road. Think how often you drive following every single traffic law. We would spend all of our time stoping cars. You have to pick your battles and look for people who you believe are up to no good. The guy driving up and down the street of a known drug house. They lady who goes into a store with a huge winter jacket in 100 degree heat. Maybe she just got off a plane or maybe she is just cold all the time or maybe she just shoplifted. I don't see the harm in stoping to talk to her for 5 minutes and seeing how she acts when I ask her questions. ..... I know not everyone is up to no good but I don't want to be to blame when I know could have taken 5 minutes and prevented someone from hurting someone or themselves.

I pulled over a young white kid in a a drug part of town before who was looking suspicious. He was sweating and driving slow them speeding up driving All over the place and looking panicked Turned out he tried to cross the bridge to go into philly and didn't have cash to cross the bridge so he was looking for a atm. I have him the 5 bucks and sent him on his way. Maybe if I didn't stop him he gets robbed or worse. Maybe everything turns out fine but ya never know.

Sounds like you use sound judgement when profiling, lol, if thats possible.

I understand the how and the why when thinking about this happening. I get that its most likely an instinctual reaction at some point and you just learn to look out for stuff. Like your instincts just alert you to suspicion and being an officer, you are required to do something about it.

I get that.

I also think that is the exact situation that leads to some jackass cops coming off their fucking rocker and completely taking every single little thing out of context and applying the law as they see it fit. Again, it sounds like you are using sound judgement, but its the situation that police are in that creates a situation for people to empower their personal agenda.

And that part sucks my ass. Probably yours too. I bet its hard living it down for the reputation of the entire police dpt of the United States. You know, since us citizens basically equate all of you to LA riot cops(lol)-I get that it probably is a hard part of the job for you to deal with too. No matter how fair or good you try and treat people, the stigma exists none the less.

So, since I gave a fairly scathing post, maybe I should offer some acknowedgement at the same time. It seems like you have the right approach, and, as much as it sucks, its most likely a requirement of the job that you just inherently have to develop(the stereotypes/instincts) if you want to survive as a cop.

SO, I guess, thanks
                            Originally posted by wed3k
                            im a douchebag to people and i don't even own a lambo. whats your point? we, douchbags, come in all sorts of shapes and colours.

Comment

Heres a good summary of cops. Stand there dumbfounded repeating yourself and when your ass gets schooled on the laws youre supposed to know abide by and protect, all you do is walk away. The best part is when the bitch chimes in making it even more clear shes a dumbass. good one 5-0 good one..best retort ever.. gawd.

Comment

When my uncle, who is now retired Nypd, was on the auto theft unit, he was doing the midnight shift over in Hunts point near all the junkyards. His partner and him spotted a white Cadillac coupe de ville driving towards the junkyards at 2:30 am with a very antsy driver. They pulled behind the car and within seconds determined it to be stolen before the report came back.

The way they determined it was the car had Italian flags painted on the rear of the trunk and the driver was definitely not Italian. Upon pulling over the car my uncle saw the steering column damaged and the driver was tweaking.

Just using his instincts
                                http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/d...82408002-1.jpg

Comment

Working...
                                X