Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's time to refresh this site. We need some new ideas, and some new moderators!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

could also label each post to be a bit more organized.
    example:

engine
    suspension
    brakes
    electrical

Yeah some may not use it, some may not understand, but the few who do use it, will greatly appreciate it. plus it'll just be another area we covered.

Comment

EJ1squad, has a " swap bible ".. it talks about each motor to swap in, the stock specs, what you would need to swap and running correct. we could also implement that!

Comment

The DIY section has been labeled that way since day 1. The technical section is already divided that way.

We've had a breakdown of all common swaps, including all specs, in the swaps section for a very long time now. Included in that section are a number of detailed how-to threads. H22A swap and F22B1 swap, primarily. Most other swaps can be done with that information.
        Not that a few very detailed swap DIYs wouldn't be extremely helpful... but yes, the "swap bible" stuff has been around on here for a decade now (BustedLX's "Swap FAQ" was posted in February, 2004.)

Comment

I'm out of ideas.:P

I took a look at it, each it's actually very useful, and like you said more details would be helpful so we can improve on that!

and please for the love of all things, add the B series is a big no. I can't stand seeing people talk about swapping a B series.

Comment

"i jus got dis cbseven nd mah boi sed dat i shud put a b16 in it. how do i do dat 2 my car? i gotz like a hunnit buxs lef over 4 mods"

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post

"i jus got dis cbseven nd mah boi sed dat i shud put a b16 in it. how do i do dat 2 my car? i gotz like a hunnit buxs lef over 4 mods"

wanting to be different is what I hear a lot but have you noticed, it's popping up a lot more! I hope it doesn't make it's way onto the forums.

Comment

I've seen it a number of times, both here and on Facebook.

Most often, the "I want to be different" guys choose the F20B or H23A VTEC. Not bad choices, but I don't understand their desire to be different, using engines that look like H22As (only with a greater potential for headaches!) K series guys I can understand wanting to be different, because a K swap LOOKS different. Performance-wise, there's not much a K swap can do for a street car that an H22A swap can't do... but I'll admit that a K looks cool.

I honestly would like to see someone put a boosted B18 into a CB7, just to do it. It would work. It would move the car just fine (despite what everyone likes to say.) It'll take as much custom work as a K swap, if not more... but it'll work. Hell, if the pathetic F18 came stock in the CB chassis, even a stock B18 would work quite well in comparison!

Comment

The B-series swap would not be nearly as difficult as people think, if approached the right way. The manual transmission in the '97-'01 Honda CR-V is essentially an F/H-series transmission with a B-series bellhousing. The differential and gear sets are interchangeable with F/H-series transmissions. It's got some of the highest-geared (numerically) ratios of any Honda transmission of the era. The mounts would have to be fabbed, but the wiring would be pretty straightforward with the engine harness that came with the car. The MAP on the throttle body could be eliminated in favor of the black box or used, depending on whether or not you wanted to mess with wiring. A few other little tidbits and it's wired up. Is it ideal? No, but it could be done without using custom axles, which is a good chunk of the work.
                  My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

Honda forums are the only places I've seen the "want to be different" as a reason for doing a mod or swap. It's a dumb excuse. Come up with a real reason and I'll take you seriously.
                    1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser

1986 Chevrolet C10|5.3L|SM465|Shortbed|Custom Deluxe

1983 Malibu Wagon|TPI 305|T5 5 speed|3.73 non-posi

1992 Accord Wagon (RETIRED)

Comment

It's probably due to the fact that Hondas are such common tuner cars. In the beginning, you were different just because you modified a Honda (which, by the standards of most American enthusiasts, were not worthy of modifying.)
                      Now, it's difficult to find a 90s Honda on the road that hasn't seen some degree of modification! (I'm going to count the number of 90s Hondas I see today, and see how many are stock vs modified.)

Now, people want to stand out... so they do different things. I've heard so many times that people don't want to do the H22A swap because "everyone has it"... though I see far more "I'm going F20B!" posts lately than anything else.

The most unique "modification" these days is a full restoration. Take a 20+ year old Honda and make it look brand new... and it'll be more impressive than the guy with the stock-block turbo and plastidipped steelies.

Comment

I'm not sure the F20b or h23 swaps are a bad thing.

Apparrently the h23 responds better to aftermarket bolt ons than the h22 does. Ie more hp for less money. And it has a lower torque curve than the H22 so it has more usable power for some of us normal people who daily drive the car.
                        The f20b has iron sleeves and similar powerband but is less likely to burn oil, than the h22.

But in order to get more participation in the forum. I don't see anyway that we will not get more of the BS.

I think taking the approach of just ignoring those posts rather than feeding the fire so to say would be a better option. That way nobody thinks everybody on the site is a snoob. They just maybe think we didn't know how to solve that persons car problems.

I personally don't find anything wrong with the site. I frequent Prelude power often And I think the particapation is about the same. I can say that I don't ever see a mod on that site stating that if they didn't do XXXXXX this thread would be deleted. I have seen this here. Which puts a bad taste in peoples mouth. I've seen plenty of vague posts by just about everybody. If I don't want to figure out what they are trying to do I don't click on the link. If I do open the thread. And I have something to offer. I will.

steve

so deev your saying you like my car?

Comment

Originally posted by Raf99 View Post
                          having users send me the pictures and uploading them to a reliable account/hosting provider so the pictures stay viewable.

Ohhh you have MY vote for this one reason alone! YES!
                          Last edited by PakaloloHonda; 03-31-2014, 07:22 PM.

My CB9/Wagon Thread Start to Finish:
                          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...ighlight=wagon

Comment

Change the background of every page to be this:

Tiled, to fill the entire screen.

That'll bring in more traffic for sure!
                            MRT
                            37.5 MPG, AC on, cruising at 80.
                            30.0 MPG, AC on, aggressively driving around 90.
                            27.5 MPG, no AC, cruising at 90 with occasional gridlock. 40 degrees Fahrenheit

Lots of DIY videos specifically for our car

Get some awesome wipers! <-- It's a DIY
                            Originally posted by Tippey764
                            I think driving your car naked will cause the engine to overheat
                            Originally posted by deevergote
                            sneaky motherfucker

Comment

Originally posted by Stoner51 View Post
                              I'm not sure the F20b or h23 swaps are a bad thing.

Apparrently the h23 responds better to aftermarket bolt ons than the h22 does. Ie more hp for less money. And it has a lower torque curve than the H22 so it has more usable power for some of us normal people who daily drive the car.
                              The f20b has iron sleeves and similar powerband but is less likely to burn oil, than the h22.

But in order to get more participation in the forum. I don't see anyway that we will not get more of the BS.

I think taking the approach of just ignoring those posts rather than feeding the fire so to say would be a better option. That way nobody thinks everybody on the site is a snoob. They just maybe think we didn't know how to solve that persons car problems.

I personally don't find anything wrong with the site. I frequent Prelude power often And I think the particapation is about the same. I can say that I don't ever see a mod on that site stating that if they didn't do XXXXXX this thread would be deleted. I have seen this here. Which puts a bad taste in peoples mouth. I've seen plenty of vague posts by just about everybody. If I don't want to figure out what they are trying to do I don't click on the link. If I do open the thread. And I have something to offer. I will.

steve

so deev your saying you like my car?

Honestly though, the H23A doesn't respond all that much better. The greater displacement provides a VERY slight increase in torque, and a powerband that is only about 500 RPM lower than the H22A. The F20B's iron sleeves are no better than the H22A's FRM sleeves, and the oil burning thing isn't quite as common as people say (I don't think anyone I know with an H22A, myself included, has ever had oil burning issues.) Neither the F20B nor the H23A have OBD1 ECUs for us to use, which means a custom tune (or a generic chip, more likely), or an OBD2 conversion will be necessary.
                              It's not that I want to drive those people away. They're perfectly usable engines, and the average CB7 enthusiast probably wouldn't be able to tell the difference when behind the wheel. It's not the engines I dislike... it's the "I just want to be different" mentality. Again, not worthy of driving away... just annoying!

The whole "your thread will be deleted if you don't do *****"... what do you mean? Things such as "if you don't title your thread appropriately, it will be deleted"? It sounds dickish to the noobs, but that rule in particular is quite important in keeping this site functional. We expect people to search, and we search ourselves when we try to help people. Searching through 2 dozen threads with the title "plz hlp me!!!!" and "what could it be??????????" is no fun.
                              The thread title thing isn't really about the threads being annoying, and we don't delete vague threads if the poster is at least trying to make himself clear. We will, however, delete a thread with the title "help please!" and a first post of "what all can I do to make my car faster?"

Comment

I'm not trying to pinpoint threads. I was merely saying I didn't find that on other sites.

But H22 are know to burn oil. It has to do with the FRM sleeves and the pistion rings. So I read. Mine does. You can look in my member ride thread and see the pics of the engine. It was clean yet still uses some oil.

If we want to boost the participation we need to entertain other ideas and all swaps in the cb7.

I have no problem with the site now. But more members means more ideas and more feedback for everybody to analyze and choose what they want to do.

There are members who want to learn to tune and are smart enough to learn. Just because you have to have a tuneable ECU to run a f20b or h23 is not a reason to treat those swaps less the the h22

I can't be the only person that gets some satisfaction from it. I will admit it does cost money to do this and some heed should be taken before embarking on it. But it is doable. I did it.
                                Last edited by Stoner51; 03-31-2014, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X