Any Welders on here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Welders on here?

Trying to figure out avg labor price to weld these days. I have two stainless exhaust tips that need to be welded on my exhaust. The guy wanted a minimum of 120 bucks to do it.

That didnt really sit right with me or am I way off with prices these days.

Hate to say it, but that is about the going rate for a proper welder in most areas.

I am NOT a welder, but my neighbor is a master fabricator. Charges $25 for a quicky weld job, such as welding two pieces of pipe together, fixing a hole, etc.
    Same price for a muffler (aluminized steel), but no prep work was involved as it was already cut, cleaned, etc.
    Typical rate for non-friend related welding is $100+ an hour, depending on the job, size, material, etc.

Will/does he warranty his work?

I know I would shop around a few more places locally and see, because just like every other profession prices seem to vary a lot from one to the next.
    Click Image for CB7Tuner.com Beanies, Decals, & Keychains!

Comment

Most muffler places in my area charge a flat rate of $50 to booger weld mufflers on. If it's two separate welds, expect around $75 - $100.

I bought a 140AMP mig/flux core Hobart welder just for this. I flux core welded my entire VW Golf, Scirocco, and Scion XB exhausts (pipes, resonators, mufflers, and flanges) with excellent results. Granted I have some practice.

You can get a $100 90AMP flux core thing from Hazard Fright (Harbor) that will work for super basic metal glueing.

Is the dude going to TIG weld it for you or what? Regardless of who it is, if they're a master of their trade, expect to pay a bit more for quality work.

Comment

yeah I guess I gotta just pay the price. Im gonna get an estimate from one more place that I trust just to be sure.

Comment

Working...
        X