Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Getting that "flush" look

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting that "flush" look

What's the best way to go about getting that flush look? Not looking for hellaflush insane negative camber, but like the flush option in this picture-

I have 15x7 on 195/50/15 with coil overs in the front and lowering springs in the back, do I have to stretch tires to get this look?

Lower the car and get a camber kit

Comment

Flush is best attained with adjustable suspension so you can fine tune the drop. You have some mix and match bullshit going on, I would concentrate on fixing that first. And like Brony said, a camber kit on front and back is ideal. Again, it allows you to get precise.

Tire stretch is dependant upon application. When you throw some stretch on the tire it creates a curve along which the fender can "rest" on. You don't need an insane amount of stretch but a little stretch can help.

Comment

which coil overs do you have in the front?
        Originally posted by deevergote
        These cars will never be the best at anything, but they're pretty damn good at everything.

92ex CB7<-SOLD 93ex CB9shiftingshift73C10

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
          Flush is best attained with adjustable suspension so you can fine tune the drop. You have some mix and match bullshit going on, I would concentrate on fixing that first. And like Brony said, a camber kit on front and back is ideal. Again, it allows you to get precise.

Tire stretch is dependant upon application. When you throw some stretch on the tire it creates a curve along which the fender can "rest" on. You don't need an insane amount of stretch but a little stretch can help.
          ahh ok, so get coil overs in the back too? Do I want bigger wheels? Like 16 or 17"?

Originally posted by mtnbikaah View Post
          which coil overs do you have in the front?
          skunk2 coilovers and springs

Comment

Originally posted by Amiss View Post
            ahh ok, so get coil overs in the back too?
            Yeah get coilovers all the way around. Full body coilover would be whats up but I'm not sure how your budget looks so I suppose sleeves will do.
            Originally posted by Amiss View Post
            Do I want bigger wheels? Like 16 or 17"?
            I don't know, do you? It all depends on how YOU want it. There is no cut and dry way to do this. There are many many many car owners (no just CB owners) that do this flush thing and do it different ways with different components and tire sizes and rim sizes. I like 16x7's or 16x8's with a lower offset (not stupid low like 0 but like 20 or so) with like a 45 series tire and a LITTLE bit of negative camber (or maybe none at all, it all depends). Then again I've peeped out a couple of CB's with like 17x8's or 17x9's with a little bit higher offset like 25 to 35 that go super hard!

I don't do this flush thing to be honest with you, I've seen too many cars out there hellaflush (there is a fine line between "flush" and "hellaflush") and it looks stupid to me. But I can't lie, I've seen a lot of ones I do like and have a lot of respect for.

Comment

Originally posted by HardInThePaint View Post
              Yeah get coilovers all the way around. Full body coilover would be whats up but I'm not sure how your budget looks so I suppose sleeves will do.

I don't know, do you? It all depends on how YOU want it. There is no cut and dry way to do this. There are many many many car owners (no just CB owners) that do this flush thing and do it different ways with different components and tire sizes and rim sizes. I like 16x7's or 16x8's with a lower offset (not stupid low like 0 but like 20 or so) with like a 45 series tire and a LITTLE bit of negative camber (or maybe none at all, it all depends). Then again I've peeped out a couple of CB's with like 17x8's or 17x9's with a little bit higher offset like 25 to 35 that go super hard!

I don't do this flush thing to be honest with you, I've seen too many cars out there hellaflush (there is a fine line between "flush" and "hellaflush") and it looks stupid to me. But I can't lie, I've seen a lot of ones I do like and have a lot of respect for.
              Hmm, well someone told me if I got any bigger then what I have they'd rub. And most of the flush/hellaflush cars I see are civics or s13's or something, not really accords. But if anything I just want a tiny bit of negative camber or none at all. I just don't really want to have to roll my fenders yet so my tires don't rub lol

Comment

1) replace that shitty Skunk2 suspension setup. Their stuff for our cars is not much better than "ebay" junk.

2) if you want "flush", you'll need lower offset rims, a drop adjusted to your liking, and tires that fit properly without rubbing your fenders. If you don't want to roll your fenders or run extreme negative camber, then you may not be as "flush" as you would like. Compromises have to be made if you want to be trendy!

Personally, I'd rather have a car that looks good while retaining all safety and functionality... not modified at the expense of safety and functionality to conform to a trend. But that's just me. It seems you're looking for the unicorn that is a trendy look that requires no sacrifice.

Comment

16x8 +20 offset with 205/45r16 tires (minimal stretch) with 2 degrees of camber all the way around and light fender rolling in the rear gave my car the flush look.
                  My whips so clean I can see the reflection of your car in the reflection of my car on the reflection of your car

Comment

If you're looking to get the "flush" look like the one in that picture you're probably gonna wanna invest in some spacers, if you dont want much camber and if your hight allows it.

Comment

also note: If you do decide to get a camber kit, zero-ing out your camber will bring your wheels closer to your fender (after a drop). You'll be able to reach the flush point and stay close to OE alignment specs that way. Most of the time the reason that people have to go with negative camber is because they purchased wheels that are too wide to fit in the wheel well straight up and down, so they have to angle it to get the wheel to fit. 7" wide rims are about perfect if you want to have close to 0 camber and acquire the "flush" look (I'm currently running 17x7 wheels with all 4 fenders rolled, and if I straighten out my rears, i'd be pretty close to the fender). 8" wide will definitely poke at close to zero camber, so you will need negative camber to fit those, or do something else to fit em. Stretched tires help give you that little bit of clearance you'll need if you find that you're still rubbing after a fender roll or whatever else you'll do with your fenders. Don't need a lot of stretch, just enough.

IMO, those who achieve a flush look and retain OE specs of alignment have earned a great deal of respect in regards to perfect fitment of wheels. The perfect balance of functionality and style. Takes a lot of patience, planning, and DIYing to fit wheels with zero camber on CB7s. I'm currently running into the few main common issues myself (UCA banging the wheel well, tire rubbing on inner wheel wells, fender rubbing)
                      Last edited by P5ylance; 07-11-2012, 04:36 AM.
                      blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

The right spacers size to get that flush look

I have Sparco Ns2's 16x7x8 205/45r16 on my cb7. Can anybody help me with the right size spacers to get that flush look?

Comment

Originally posted by GroundArtistCB7 View Post
                          I have Sparco Ns2's 16x7x8 205/45r16 on my cb7. Can anybody help me with the right size spacers to get that flush look?
                          Depends on the offset of your wheels
                          My whips so clean I can see the reflection of your car in the reflection of my car on the reflection of your car

Comment

Originally posted by P5ylance View Post
                            also note: If you do decide to get a camber kit, zero-ing out your camber will bring your wheels closer to your fender (after a drop). You'll be able to reach the flush point and stay close to OE alignment specs that way. Most of the time the reason that people have to go with negative camber is because they purchased wheels that are too wide to fit in the wheel well straight up and down, so they have to angle it to get the wheel to fit. 7" wide rims are about perfect if you want to have close to 0 camber and acquire the "flush" look (I'm currently running 17x7 wheels with all 4 fenders rolled, and if I straighten out my rears, i'd be pretty close to the fender). 8" wide will definitely poke at close to zero camber, so you will need negative camber to fit those, or do something else to fit em. Stretched tires help give you that little bit of clearance you'll need if you find that you're still rubbing after a fender roll or whatever else you'll do with your fenders. Don't need a lot of stretch, just enough.

IMO, those who achieve a flush look and retain OE specs of alignment have earned a great deal of respect in regards to perfect fitment of wheels. The perfect balance of functionality and style. Takes a lot of patience, planning, and DIYing to fit wheels with zero camber on CB7s. I'm currently running into the few main common issues myself (UCA banging the wheel well, tire rubbing on inner wheel wells, fender rubbing)
                            Its better to have some camber, zero will result in poor handling.

Comment

i love the diagram....

Originally posted by GroundArtistCB7 View Post
                              if its all on the car.....take measurements. thats the best way, period.
                              Last edited by BIGRICH; 07-11-2012, 11:20 AM.
                              SHARPIE ACCORD HERE....
                              http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=192457

Comment

Working...
                              X