Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

noob suspension question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

noob suspension question

how to make my tires looks like its sitting right inside the fender and is sitting right under the fender?

do i have to change a different tire or rim size?

are you trying to go hellaflush?

Comment

If i understand correctly you want less wheel gap? You need coilovers, a camber kit, and spacers. The camber kit and the spacers are optional though.

Comment

do you mean like how my car looks? the picture in the signature is a good example

Comment

You need a camber kit to correct your camber. When you lower your car natural negative camber occurs which is what you have now.

Yes my name is Dang, Don't use in vain
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/Auto)
          1992 Honda Accord EX (Coupe/Bordeaux/H22A MT)
          2008 Honda Accord EXL (Coupe/SanMarino/6spd)

Comment

not really trying to go hellaflush but something like that. but not extremely flush lol

something like this

http://jsjbrothers.com/albums/album2...9953.sized.jpg

Comment

Lowering the car will create negative camber, as mentioned. A camber kit moves the ball joint further out (or further in, but that's counter-productive in this case), which moves the upper link of the knuckle further out, which adjusts the camber (makes your wheel sit vertical instead of slanted inward). You don't need a camber kit for most lowerings; not using one will just move the tire wear from the middle of the tire to the inside a little bit. It generally won't wear any faster, just in a different spot. Too much negative camber will move the wear off of the tread, and that is bad. Also, some negative camber is potentially desired, as it can affect cornering.

I'll end with this: I've always wondered if it would be worth it to keep the negative camber to move the wear pattern and "extend" the life of the tires. Move the wear from the center to the inside of the wheel; wear the tires 3/4 or so, have a tire shop flip the direction of the tires (assuming a bidirectional tire) and slap em back on the car; Viola! Brand new tread.

Comment

Originally posted by athan12 View Post
                not really trying to go hellaflush but something like that. but not extremely flush lol

something like this

http://jsjbrothers.com/albums/album2...9953.sized.jpg
                Perhaps full body coilovers? full body coilovers allow for a lot more height adjustment than regular shock and spring combos. It'll most likely get you down to the height you want as well, and you can fine tune the height if you're patient enough. Function and Form coilovers are among the few full body coilovers for CB7s that a noticeable amount of members on here have purchased.

If you want to stay with that amount of negative camber, you won't need a camber kit. The camber kit is there if you want to be able to correct your camber, or in some cases, increase your negative camber. Just lowering the Accord will get you a really nice stance. H&R Sport Springs and Eibach Sportlines give a nice drop, H&R are about a 1 finger gap once fully settled.

correcting your camber back to zero will bring your wheel closer to the fender, so you could do that too to help you get flush with the fender. it also allows your tires to wear evenly.

again, if you want to keep your negative camber but still have a flush look, spacers will be your next option. this will widen your car's stance and bring your wheels closer to the fender, but the angle at which your wheels are sitting is still the same.

If you want to have your tires and wheels sit close to the fender, you will need to roll your fenders for that kind of fitment. I did my own with a hammer and a couple plastic pieces as a barrier between the hammer and the fender.
                blackROSE Member, with a focus on VIP Style

Comment

Originally posted by reklipz View Post
                  Lowering the car will create negative camber, as mentioned. A camber kit moves the ball joint further out (or further in, but that's counter-productive in this case), which moves the upper link of the knuckle further out, which adjusts the camber (makes your wheel sit vertical instead of slanted inward). You don't need a camber kit for most lowerings; not using one will just move the tire wear from the middle of the tire to the inside a little bit. It generally won't wear any faster, just in a different spot. Too much negative camber will move the wear off of the tread, and that is bad. Also, some negative camber is potentially desired, as it can affect cornering.

I'll end with this: I've always wondered if it would be worth it to keep the negative camber to move the wear pattern and "extend" the life of the tires. Move the wear from the center to the inside of the wheel; wear the tires 3/4 or so, have a tire shop flip the direction of the tires (assuming a bidirectional tire) and slap em back on the car; Viola! Brand new tread.
                  Riding on the inside of the tires will cause them to wear faster, simply because that area is not the intended contact patch. it is not meant to be the primary contact patch.
                  Additionally, once the tire is worn in one place, it is done. Moving the contact patch will still result in riding on a bald area, reducing traction, and inviting tire failure.
                  Interesting concept, but no, it would not work.

athan12, someone just posted a question practically identical to this one about 9 hours before you made this thread. Did you even bother looking?

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                    athan12, someone just posted a question practically identical to this one about 9 hours before you made this thread. Did you even bother looking?
                    Yes I did, you mean the thread that says "how to get that flushy look"

I did read on that thread but didn't really get the answer Im looking for.

@everyone
                    Thanks for all the help. So bottom line is I need full body coilovers.

I guess be using an ebay coilover for a lil bit and get my fenders rolled down.

Comment

http://image.hondatuningmagazine.com...2Brim_shot.jpg

Trying to make mine look like this

Comment

So you want to be slammed so low that no suspension components could possibly be safe or effective?
                        Just remove your springs and shocks. You'll get that look.

And please learn to use the "edit" button, or you may find that your posts start disappearing.

Comment

It sounds like you just want to tuck tire.

You don't have to go crazy low to tuck a bit of tire. Ground control sleeves aren't too expensive and a bit more quality than eBay, even drop zones would be better.

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                          I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Dropzone IS "ebay". And their shit nearly killed me. I made that mistake once, and I'm lucky I'm still here to tell about it. If I could shut that company down, I would.

Comment

I'm going to take a stab in the dark and say you bought a dropzone camber kit?

Member's Ride Thread

Originally posted by mercyboy
                              I'd rather lose by a mile because I built my own car then win by an inch because someone else built it for me..your car is your story, so don't let someone else write the book!

Comment

Working...
                              X