Why do cops hate hondas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do cops hate hondas?

This is a rant about cops profiling Hondas where I live. So to start off, I was heading back home from NC and a toyota sienna flys past me in a 55mph zone and I mean it f*cking flew past me. seconds later I'm pulled over and given a ticket for going 95! THE VAN WAS BLACK! MY CAR IS WHITE! WHAT THE F*CK?! Again on my way back from Florida with a buddy in his ek hatch, we were pulled over and the cop complained about the sticker on the rear window which read "Cops<3Me" and he said it obstructed the view, he then took 2 laps around the car and wrote him 3 separate tickets. 1. the sticker was a safety hazard. 2. The car was too low. 3. There was camber. So basically 3 tickets meaning the car was unsafe. There was a mustang riding along side me on my way to another county and he kept getting on it trying to get me to race him. After about 10 minutes of him following me revving and taking off, he floored it and was gone. Later I'm pulled over and given a $300 ticket for "street racing". He said he was getting complaints that I and a mustang were racing through residential neighborhoods and back roads. I asked about the mustang and he said it's long gone by now. Why is it always a Honda? My car is a family car dammit.

JDM powered CB7

Civics!
    Be unique, like every other person.

CB7 Sold________________________E34 Sold________________________E39 Current

Comment

Cops don't hate Honda's. It's the majority of younger irresponsible Honda owners that they deservedly hate. That in turn, ruins it for the rest of us.
      MR Thread
      GhostAccord 2.4L Blog

by Chappy, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by GhostAccord View Post
        Cops don't hate Honda's. It's the majority of younger irresponsible Honda owners that they deservedly hate. That in turn, ruins it for the rest of us.
        this.

Form.Follows.Function

Comment

You ain't lying. Constantly being profiled because of all the kids dogging their cars.

JDM powered CB7

Comment

i get stink eyed too..it happens. one time they pulled me over and they seemed confident I had bud on me..i didnt. I was like am I being detained? No? ok im leaving now thanks, after the pat down. I was in my parking spot when the "chase" was over. fuck em. people that put stickers all over and are herra flush etc are begging to get rolled. keep it nice not rice.

Comment

The sticker probably was an eye catcher as well. Chances are, your car IS in violation of a number of laws. A sticker like that is seen as antagonistic by cops... basically, it says to them "my car is modified and I think it's funny that cops hassle me about it!"

Should he have focused more on the speeders? Was the ticket for the "obstructed view" unnecessary? I don't doubt it. Still, you attracted attention, and you were an easier and safer stop than chasing down speeders. Also, rather than wasting his time, the cop already knew that he could give you a ticket. The violations reported were clearly in view in his dash cam. There's no way you could argue yourself out of them.

Now you'll have to either pay the fines, or correct the problems and hope the judge is lenient. Basically, raise your car and scrape that sticker off.

I don't think cops hate Hondas. They do probably assume that anyone with a lowered car is potentially trouble (and from my experience in this scene, it's often the case... even I have been guilty of the occasional street race, and I'd like to consider myself one of the more mature people in this scene.)

Comment

this is why they also pull over mustangs and camaros so don't feel left out. why would a cop pull over a subaru forester? thats why i drive one.
                I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

The guy don't have the sticker anymore thank god. When we took the ek back to pay the fine all he did was take off the sticker, kept it at the same height with camber and they said it looked fine. But the camber was nearly non existent. It was a 2" drop. I can understand the dumped cars with all out camber being a safety issue though.

JDM powered CB7

Comment

I used to live in Fort Collins, CO and the cops there suck ass. They park themselves all over town just waiting to bust someone for something insignificant. I got followed all the damn time in the RSX (looks just like it does in the sig, with the wing), once the cop even pulled two illegal u-turns to follow me for a couple miles... I was just sitting at a light at 11pm waiting to make a right turn, and he was the only other car on the area. I got pulled over several times on bogus accusations, and they never resulted in a ticket. I moved to Greeley (South Park called it something like 'the exact opposite of Hawaii')... I don't get so much as a second glance, I love this place.

Keeping the new project CB from looking too obviously 'tuner' though. I figure with a classy enough look and my hiding the exhaust, I shouldn't be bothered anywhere.
                    Last edited by CyborgGT; 03-11-2014, 04:46 PM.

Accord Aero-R

Comment

If you didn't see me driving, you'd think it was an elderly man/woman driving. In two counties over there's a cop that sits and waits for me to come and every time I come he pulls me over for "speeding" but I never get a ticket, just a warning. I got tired of being stopped and having to wait 15 minutes so I started taking another route and the third time he pulled me over and tried to say I was avoiding him. Hell yeah I'm avoiding you. I don't want to wait 15 minutes while you try to get me for something little.

JDM powered CB7

Comment

Ya. There is a stereotype for Honda's now. It comes from years of young kids hitting vtec on every street at any hour of the night, and not having any respect for elders, rules, etc.

I'd like to say people with more expensive cars have the same problem but they don't. They seem to have some kind of ..... respect. But you still get young disrespectful kids in mustangs, subaru, etc, just not as many. But you have to admit a cheap honda civic vehicle of the 90s has attracted disrespect, cheap, no caring, race anything, hit vtec all day kind of driver.

Ya ever see a civic and as you pull up you expect a young kid driving but instead its a 50 year old women

And just my opinion, don't take offense to it.

Comment

I respect the men and women that know how to drive and take care of their cars as well as obey the law, but the cops don't see it that way. Any Honda with a young driver is profiled and honestly 99% of the time they're right. They're careless drivers. But then they get us confused with them. Civics are kinda what's trending right now and they sure don't stay low profile haha. They have ls/v/gsr swaps and take the hood off sticker bomb their rear windshied and slap a 4" muffler on it hell some even put neon on it.
                          *Not trying to bash on anyone. If that's what you like then it's fine with me.*

JDM powered CB7

Comment

Originally posted by deevergote View Post
                            They do probably assume that anyone with a lowered car is potentially trouble (and from my experience in this scene, it's often the case... even I have been guilty of the occasional street race, and I'd like to consider myself one of the more mature people in this scene.)
                            that's not necessarily true, my car has always been stock height and the paint looks like total crap and I was pulled over 10 times in 5 years, some of them for things most everyone else I have ever come across has gotten away with scott free. I see many people not using a turn signal and never gotten pulled over, I have seen many people "roll through" a stop sign and never gotten pulled over, I have seen many lights burned out on cars and never gotten pulled over, there were only 3 of those times that I actually deserved to be pulled over, one of which I could have been in a lot of trouble over but the officer gave me a huge break, which I was thankful for. The rest were complete bullshit stops. I wonder how many of those stops were made because they saw a "pretty female" behind the wheel and wanted to check me out!! for sure atleast one time because it was broad daylight when I got pulled over for a TAG LIGHT OUT really?!?

sorry end rant.
                            1997 Ford Explorer V-6 AT (what a piece of junk)
                            1993 Nissan Sentra M/T (front end damage, off road for now)
                            1999 Mercury Mountaineer V-8 A/T - RIP (rolled: totaled)
                            1992 Honda Accord A/T EX - RIP (transmission shot: sold to junkyard)

Comment

For every well-meaning, conscientious Honda driver, there are probably 2-3 drivers with an awful sounding $9.99 eBay sourced muffler welded onto stop piping driving recklessly banging off of rev-limiter.

It's an assumption that is made, right, wrong or indifferent. In the case of the OP with the sticker, you're a sitting duck. It's no different than running super dark tint, it's a reason you stand out, and not a good one.

Comment

Working...
                              X