Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

my cb cranks but doesnt turn over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my cb cranks but doesnt turn over

ok so i just got a cb for like 500 bucks
    it cranks but wont turn over your help is gladly appreciated

First, follow this procedure to see if your ECU is good.
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=21259

If the ECU isn't faulty, then you're going to need to check for fuel and spark.

Make sure the fuel in the car is good. If it's been sitting, put in a couple gallons of high octane fuel.

When you try to start the car, listen for the fuel pump. If the fuel pump is priming, then the main relay is working. The main relay is a common thing to fail in a CB, especially in the heat. Another way to check for fuel is to pull a spark plug, crank the engine, and smell. If fuel is being sent, you'll be able to smell it from the open hole.

If fuel is good, spark is the next thing to look at. The most common issues are the ignition coil and the igniter. Both are very easy to replace, but they're not cheap. $40-$65 each. I get mine from junkyards, but that's risky... you never know if they'll work, or for how long.

Those are the most common fixes for a no start. There are other things, but they can get more involved. Try this stuff first. If none of that fixes it, we'll look deeper.

Comment

Have you checked the main relay yet??

those cause allot of problems when it gets hot outside.. and Are easy to repair if you can basic solder..

location is here..

also check the power to the main relay...

DooDoo

Comment

thanks for the info guys ima go check it out today when i have some time

Comment

is that fuse cover from a 90/91? Just curious because Ive never seen the ones from a 90/91....mine is a 93 and looks different.
          1993 Accord LX *Under construction*
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=162083 <---MRT

Comment

ok i changed the main relay nothing i checked for fuel is gettin fuel and spark its getting spark wat else can be the cause

Comment

someone help lol
              i need to gt this car runnnin movin it for street cleanin isnt fun especially by myself

Comment

my friend bought a honda for 200 buks not so long ago it wouldnt turn over either he said it was the power steering pump that it had siezed the motor and tht he cut the belt and it started right up dont now if its the same for u but hopefuly it helps.
                THEN NOW

Comment

well i got the pump but no power steering im used too having my teggy like that

thanks anyways
                  anyone else care too help a young fella out wit his cb

Comment

please help

Comment

i would check your ignition coil in your steering collum i had the same problem

Comment

the guy i got it from gave me extra coil distributor new cap changed most of the fuses nothing so idk what it could be

Comment

questionn the idiot i got the car from had amber corners and headlights that i doutb are from either a 92-93 cb

the corners dont fully fit the seem a lil small

Comment

helppppp

Comment

Originally posted by jofat91 View Post
                              helppppp
                              Is it getting compression?

When the timing marks are aligned is the distributor rotor pointing at the #1 wire(straight forward, towards radiator)?

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=187851
                              sold to: cb7rush\h22-accord\Luis\BurtonRiderT6
                              bought from:jokerxfn-tommi-'93cb7ex

Comment

Working...
                              X