Fabric clamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fabric clamps

I have an odd request for the members of this forum. I'm looking for a clamp that essentially function in the same manner as a hog ring does, but is wider and has teeth. Hog rings work to fit the prong under a wire in the fabric cushion or a staple in a chair. This will be clamping just two pieces of fabric together. What I want I could technically make if I wanted but it would be a pain to tool something so simple. I drew up a very crude schematic to give people an idea of what I want. I'd like this to be about an inch wide, give or take and have as little depth as possible. I figured I'd ask here because of all the careers and walks of life we come from. Someone must know of something. Google images hasn't been very helpful.

My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Why not use plastic J clips, like factory seat covers use?

Comment

Would you have a picture of one? A google search isn't turning up anything that's obvious to me anyway.
      My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

http://www.acetoolonline.com/Product...FYFx4Aoddy2EnQ

Comment

That's an actual tool. What I'm looking for are little metal clamps that can be pinched together with pliers so that their teeth bite into the two pieces of material that it holds together. These would ideally be about an inch wide and be no deeper than a half inch. I'd prefer them to be metal. Something like this has to exist somewhere.

Edit*. I eliminated the term plastic from my search and now I see what you're referring to Mikey. Those would be perfect if they had little teeth on the ends of them. For the application they would need to bite into the material to prevent it from moving or slipping.
          Last edited by Jarrett; 01-20-2012, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Oh ok. J clips, once fastened are quite sturdy, but do allow some slight side to side movement.

Comment

If possible, I'd like a visual of what you're trying to attach so that I can think of better ideas.

How about sewing? lol.

Comment

Working...
              X