Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

Help troubleshoot P28 ECU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help troubleshoot P28 ECU

I'm sure that there's a thread around here that covers this, but I didn't see it in my search. If you could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, i was having a conversation with a friend of mine about his ECU..

Originally posted by Friend
    I just got a p28 in trade that does not work. Its been chipped and socketed. I am trying to run a h22 with it as it has the h22 chip. When I plug it in and turn the key on the cel does not come on at 1st like it should and the car wont start. I am wondering of this can be fixed and what I can do to fix it as far as like remelting the solder on the board where the chips where added, that sort of thing.
    Originally posted by Me
    Have you opened it and looked inside yet? I would say that's the first step.. make sure all the solder points are in good shape, no leaking resistors.
    Every thing looks good inside.Nothing smells fried. I tryed swapping the bigger chip and that didnt fix it, could it be the smaller chip? If so what does the smaller chip do?
    Beyond this, I have no clue what else.. I don't know much about ECUs.... Does anyone have any suggestions/solutions? Could it be that it's ruined all together and not fixable?
    92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
    2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
    2007 Dodge Charger SXT

um... it could have gotten fried or overloaded and shorted possibly. but the first few words sums up your problem i believe. he got a non working ecu. as to trying to fix it. just have to test for continuity. thats the best i got.
    Accord SE

93se
    Members Ride
    Bought from: H22wagon93, Theos92VR4, Hondafan81, Father Time, DarkHusk, Gunrunner, FamousFreak
    Sold to: sulimed, BurtonRiderT6, tishock

Comment

Cut the j1 jumper in the ECU and try to start it up, It should start up and run, but dont drive the car like that, That reverts it to the stock 1.6L map thats on there.

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747 View Post
        Cut the j1 jumper in the ECU and try to start it up, It should start up and run, but dont drive the car like that, That reverts it to the stock 1.6L map thats on there.
        And if that works then the ECU is good and can be reflashed or whatever?

update:

I put the ecu in aegean to try it and its flooding it like its firing all the injectors when the cars not running( well it wont run the car) but when I plug my good ecu back in the car is flooded so i have to hold the throttle wide open for it to start and you can smell all the gas.
        Last edited by dysfunk; 07-02-2012, 07:54 PM.
        92 Honda Accord LX - Sold
        2005 Nissan Altima 2.5S - Sold
        2007 Dodge Charger SXT

Comment

Working...
        X