Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

I'm a novice with a dream. F22b turbo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm a novice with a dream. F22b turbo

Hey guys. This is a plain and simple question. I have researched a lot and I'm still drawing blanks. I want to know. I have a f22b, not the 1-2. The Jdm. I would like to put a turbo onto that engine as it is boost friendly with the low compression and what not. I want to know should I use a different head when going turbo? I'm not restricted on money but if I can save some why not. Most posts say the other heads aka h22, h23 , pt3 (I think). Will flow better. Is this true and are there any power gains to be had with them, or should I simply use that money and get more add ons? Thanks fellas. If you have any input please reply. If you have a link that is perfect for these questions please share, because I couldn't really find it. Thanks, bye

Originally posted by Kappicon View Post
    Hey guys. This is a plain and simple question. I have researched a lot and I'm still drawing blanks. I want to know. I have a f22b, not the 1-2. The Jdm. I would like to put a turbo onto that engine as it is boost friendly with the low compression and what not. I want to know should I use a different head when going turbo? I'm not restricted on money but if I can save some why not. Most posts say the other heads aka h22, h23 , pt3 (I think). Will flow better. Is this true and are there any power gains to be had with them, or should I simply use that money and get more add ons? Thanks fellas. If you have any input please reply. If you have a link that is perfect for these questions please share, because I couldn't really find it. Thanks, bye
    http://cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?p=3037050

I would stick with the stock head. What you would make with the head swap you could make much more by turning the boost up a little more. Much easier and much cheaper. There is no real need for a head swap when going FI.

How much power do you want?

The engine is "turbo friendly" but not stock. You need a minimum of forged pistons and a full rebuild for it to not to be a ticking time bomb.

I do not see how it can be done for much less than about $3800 - $4000 unless you get a hook up somehow or find someone with good used parts.

No eBay turbo is worth taking out of the box. There are no short cuts or cheap ways to do it.

Keep researching. Start reading peoples MRT's that are turbocharged and such. And learn about every part in the system before buying anything.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the answer. You helped me. I want about 250-300whp. Low boost with the option to go higher boost. Later. I'll start researching all I'm going to need to boost now. Thanks feller!

Comment

Originally posted by Kappicon View Post
        Thanks for the answer. You helped me. I want about 250-300whp. Low boost with the option to go higher boost. Later. I'll start researching all I'm going to need to boost now. Thanks feller!
        That is very feasible and a good goal. With a goal like that I think you are very capable of getting it done and getting it done correctly.

You are very welcome. Just start reading. When you are sick of reading read some more. That's what I did. Now I build my engines and my friends. I'm still mediocre at best. Have a goodn'!

Comment

I have the f22b dohc turbo Jdm motor and it is no way boost friendly. No stock accord prelude motor is. Also your plan for low boost at 300whp ain't happing. Unless u have a big and I mean big turbo gt45 or bigger. And the motor won't even get the turbo to spin at it's optimal rpm aka start boosting in the 4k rpm range. For 300whp you are lookin at a mid sized turbo around 55trim. A nice gt 30 will do it. With that said you are lookin at about 15psi for 300 whp. If you want boost and reliable boost motor build one or buy the parts and have a shop do it all for u. Other wize your motor will not last at all.

my new turbo build

Comment

tall stacks make dreams come true

Comment

alright

Well when it happens ill let you know,,, fat stacks make the world turn.. and saving is how it happpens...

Comment

Originally posted by illinois_erik View Post
                tall stacks make dreams come true
                This post made my day. Lol
                93 4dr ex 5 speed
                97 Integra DB7

Comment

Working...
                X