No announcement yet.

wildBill83 : 1992 Accord LX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No, the holes are tapped. When I got my car the F22A6 had a thrown rod. I got Jeremiah's F22A1 and swapped ALL of my F22A6 parts over, including the windage tray. I left the main caps of the F22A1 intact and bolted the windage tray to it.

I'm also fairly sure that my H22A and F20B windage trays are identical to my F22A6. The only one I'm not sure of is my F23A windage tray. But that one's here in Houston with me so I can look tonight. Not that it really applies to you.
    My Members' Ride Thread - It's a marathon build, not a sprint. But keep me honest on the update frequency!

Comment

As far as the short block goes, the windage tray and the oil cooler are the only differences between an F22A1 and F22A6 right? Also what are your opinions on the balance shafts anyway? The thought has crossed my mind to remove the BS belt and convert to manual steering and store the working Denso A/C components from the sedan. It is a fleeting thought though and generally passes when I think about cruising slowly in a parking lot with 100+F weather.

Would you happen to have a rear motor mount bracket (block side) for an A4/A6 motor to spare? The A1 M/T rear mount and bracket is, well, let's just say weak looking and not very forgiving. I would like to get an SE/EX rear mount bracket and pair it with the fluid filled non vacuum actuated EX M/T mount. The steering wheel in the LX vibrated worse than my SE with bad mounts.

Spare windage tray from an H22A4 I just cleaned the rust off of:

Oil cooler from H22A4 that I'm adding to the F22A1.
      Last edited by wildBill83; 07-10-2013, 08:10 PM.

Comment

LMK how the oil cooler off the H22A4 works on the F22Ax. Its possible I'd be interested in doing that if it fits well.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

It fits like a glove, in fact the o-ring and the center bolt are even the same part number between the F22A6 and H22A*, I haven't checked the oil cooler itself for part number matches, but it is exactly the same size and shape as the one on my F22A6. I should have photos up soon, I have to do a lot of cleaning and work on my block before that though..

Be warned, if installed incorrectly it will be the biggest fastest oil leak you have ever seen!
          Look here for oil cooler o-ring info:
          http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194757

The oil cooler is found only on A/T F22A6 accords, but I believe the H22A4 has is as mandatory equipment.
          Last edited by wildBill83; 07-10-2013, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
            It fits like a glove, in fact the o-ring and the center bolt are even the same part number between the F22A6 and H22A*, I haven't checked the oil cooler itself for part number matches, but it is exactly the same size and shape as the one on my F22A6. I should have photos up soon, I have to do a lot of cleaning and work on my block before that though..

Be warned, if installed incorrectly it will be the biggest fastest oil leak you have ever seen!
            Look here for oil cooler o-ring info:
            http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=194757

The oil cooler is found only on A/T F22A6 accords, but I believe the H22A4 has is as mandatory equipment.
            Thank you! You are aware of my recent modifications to my A4. This should be a fun and cheap modification to finish it off. No A6s at the JY near me but there are two H22A4s.

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Albert Einstein

Comment

You should consider yourself lucky to have H22A4s in your local yard. I have a good deal of F22A6s here in the local yard, just can't afford to go junking right now. I've been looking for H22A4s to get parts from since October of last year. When you go to get the oil cooler, I recommend finding a car with the head missing. Also you should drop the oil pan and get a windage tray, believe it or not they help a lot with parasitic power loss from oil cloud reduction.

That what we Honda enthusiasts do, swap parts like legos and share the knowledge with other enthusiasts.

I just figured this was a good future insurance considering the rebuild I'm taking on.

Comment

Originally posted by wildBill83 View Post
                You should consider yourself lucky to have H22A4s in your local yard. I have a good deal of F22A6s here in the local yard, just can't afford to go junking right now. I've been looking for H22A4s to get parts from since October of last year. When you go to get the oil cooler, I recommend finding a car with the head missing. Also you should drop the oil pan and get a windage tray, believe it or not they help a lot with parasitic power loss from oil cloud reduction.

That what we Honda enthusiasts do, swap parts like legos and share the knowledge with other enthusiasts.

I just figured this was a good future insurance considering the rebuild I'm taking on.
                Not to many Honda gurus around here to snatch them up. You get made fun of here for driving a Honda or even a modified Import. But thats what my S14 is for. Making people shut their trap.

I seen in your other MRT you are or were working on an H22A4 swap. Props man.

I'm going to go get the oil cooler stuff in the morning. Thanks again for the info!

Comment

Yeah I started on the H22A4 swap, but couldn't afford the ODB1 parts and I'm not converting to OBD2.

I'm keeping the H22A4 though, I rebuilt the lower end and the head already and would lose money to get rid of it.

I'll find a use for it eventually. Maybe after I save up and get an H22A from a Dallas JDM importer. The H22 is in the future plans, just they are cloudy plans at this point in time.

Comment

Don't know if you've seen this thread or not, may help with your h swap
                    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197288

Originally posted by Darkcloud
                    Wimp go low or go home haha
                    Originally posted by cb7_tillidie
                    Not a single fuck was given that day.

Comment

Originally posted by c91bse7 View Post
                      Don't know if you've seen this thread or not, may help with your h swap
                      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=197288
                      Yes, but the swap is on hold until my financial situation turns around.

Comment

I received my axle that 92turboaccord donated to me and I also got FL and FR upper control arms today. Just need another axle, LBJs, tie rod ends, rear upper control arms and some gaskets now for the major repairs.

The axle I received is an ABS axle and the spline doesn't match the old axle so I'm going to rebuild the axle end. This car doesn't have ABS, but my SE that will eventually run these axles and transmission does so I'm trying to gather future compatible parts.

Thanks 92turboaccord.

Had a bit of time so I painted the heat shield and re-wrinkle painted the valve cover, here is a teaser:

Last edited by wildBill83; 07-16-2013, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 2winRB25 View Post
                          Not to many Honda gurus around here to snatch them up. You get made fun of here for driving a Honda or even a modified Import. But thats what my S14 is for. Making people shut their trap.

I seen in your other MRT you are or were working on an H22A4 swap. Props man.

I'm going to go get the oil cooler stuff in the morning. Thanks again for the info!
                          I forgot to tell you to grab the outlet tube from the block and the water rail from under the intake manifold to complete the mod.

Comment

I just got into a photo uploading craze and I'll try and get more recent ones with the motor in the stand. But here is a F22A1 with nearly a quarter of a million miles before I put it in my motor stand.

Comment

The decision has been made. The '93 SE coupe is going turbo. I've got about 40% of the parts needed and then the block gets a full treatment with forged internals. This project will go faster if/when I get my new engineering contract, so wish me luck.

The '92 LX is being converted to an F22A6 as soon as I get the last few items (IM, cam, exhaust) and do the PT3/PT6 conversion offered by cloudasc. The LX will be the home of my conservative N/A H22A4 build eventually.

So projects are intermingling and going slow as my income is only from part time work at the moment. But the goals are now clear and in this order:

Drive the SE until my LX is road ready with the F22A6 converted motor, then garage the SE and start the turbo build and mate that to my MP1A LSD transmission. Once the turbo build is complete then I'll garage the LX and drop the H22A4 in that shell and I'll have two very peppy CB7s and a spare very healthy F22A6 for future tinkering.

When the turbo SE is done, I'll pick back up on my TCU controller but using more reliable electronics.

Comment

I forgot to update this thread for the motor teardown/rebuild info. I was frustrated because I was finding JB Weld in all kinds of strange places and have been doing a good deal of cleaning and replacing components.

The moron even JB Welded the water pump weep hole... SMDH

Anyway, here are a few other shots I found on my phone and uploaded to photobucket.

When I get back from Dallas tomorrow I'll try and get some more photos up of the motor and work completed so far.

NASTY BAY!

Pushed out with no motor (sitting under a tree currently awaiting a heart transplant).

I've decided that I'm going to use a Poly filled front and rear mount and replace the trans and drivers side mounts with new OEM ones. Pictures on that process will be added to this thread later.
                                Last edited by wildBill83; 07-26-2013, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X