Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

speaker not working on drivers side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

speaker not working on drivers side

i was driving one day and it just went out and i checked it with a test light and it had no power going through it................What should i do???

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Originally posted by d112crzy
    I quit jobs as much as I swap engines.

Check the connection on your head unit, if you have no power there, then it could be possible that your internal amplifier took a shit, take it to a stereo shop and see if they can fix it for ya

Comment

Originally posted by nine_deuce View Post
      Check the connection on your head unit, if you have no power there, then it could be possible that your internal amplifier took a shit, take it to a stereo shop and see if they can fix it for ya
      but the rest of the speakers work all the wires are right behind the head unit i will take it to a shop tomarrow and see what they say

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

^^^ my front passenger side speaker sounds lower than it should (alot lower!). I believe its the radio. it might be your radio too. try out your radio on another CB

93 Accord LX Sedan (sold)
        01 Civic LX Sedan (sold)-93 Accord EX Wagon (totaled)
        93 Accord SE Sedan (sold)-92 Accord EX Sedan (sold)
        93 Accord SE Coupe (sold)-97 Accord SiR Wagon (sold)

95 Accord LX Wagon (CURRENT)-05 Impreza WRX Sedan (CURRENT)-02 Ram 1500 (CURRENT)-20 VW Jetta (CURRENT)

Comment

You could have a wire that got cut, or a lose connection at the HU
          wat?

Comment

just buy another stock radio. i got what youre looking for. heheh

mine stopped too when i hit a bump but its just a crossed wire.

Could be the heat..

Comment

test lights only work on DC circuits. you neet a multimeter that you can set to AC to test the audio going to speakers.

my guess would be the stereo went bad or you completely severed the voicecoil or cone on the speaker.

how would a wire be crossed in the stereo? that makes no sense whatsoever.

just buy a new deck and some new cheap pioneer speakers.

Member Ride Facebook
              XBOX LIVE = RedDragonsFool
              SOLD MY CB JUNE 16, 2009
              For Sale Thread

Comment

i would get another head unit definitely. The speaker wire probably coming from the head unit itself is probably shorted out.

Comment

Originally posted by UrDoneSRH View Post
                  test lights only work on DC circuits. you neet a multimeter that you can set to AC to test the audio going to speakers.

my guess would be the stereo went bad or you completely severed the voicecoil or cone on the speaker.

how would a wire be crossed in the stereo? that makes no sense whatsoever.

just buy a new deck and some new cheap pioneer speakers.
                  wooops forgot to say speaker. here ya go:
                  my(speaker) stopped too when i hit a bump, but its just a crossed wire

Comment

If the speaker is stock it could have just ohmed out and blown the coil. With a blown voice coil, the stck HU won't push it usually. If you have the time, take the panel off and take the speaker out. get a 9V battery and connect each end of the battery to a different terminal on the speaker. It should make a crackling and you should see the speaker move. If it does then the speaker is not getting a signal and the speaker in not the problem. Either way your looking at either replacing the speaker, or the HU. In a '91, i would just replace both and you'll get much better sound

Comment

Thanks everybody for your help

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X