Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

Im about to lower the car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im about to lower the car

I know this is not the suspension forum. for some reason I cant post in there.

Ok so I am about to put new struts and springs on the ride. And based on the research I have done in the suspension forum it seems like this will be a PITA. Maybe because I have not done this on this car before.

The bump stop, will I need to cut them since I am using shorter springs? Or get new bump stops for lowering springs? what about the other components? Can I reuse them all on the new strut/spring?

Also, this rear bolt I keep hearing that I would have to cut....Is this always the case? I dont have a torch to heat it. just the basic tools to loosen bolts.

I am just trying to do my research before I tackle this job as I may not have a car to run back and force with to the store/dealer.

Idealy I would love to just purchase everything new, bring the struts and springs to a shop and have them do the little things and all I do is take out the old ones and install the new ones.

Originally posted by CBRIDE View Post
    I know this is not the suspension forum. for some reason I cant post in there.

Ok so I am about to put new struts and springs on the ride. And based on the research I have done in the suspension forum it seems like this will be a PITA. Maybe because I have not done this on this car before.

The bump stop, will I need to cut them since I am using shorter springs? Or get new bump stops for lowering springs? what about the other components? Can I reuse them all on the new strut/spring?

Also, this rear bolt I keep hearing that I would have to cut....Is this always the case? I dont have a torch to heat it. just the basic tools to loosen bolts.

I am just trying to do my research before I tackle this job as I may not have a car to run back and force with to the store/dealer.

Idealy I would love to just purchase everything new, bring the struts and springs to a shop and have them do the little things and all I do is take out the old ones and install the new ones.

keep your bump stops, if you have new struts dont they come with new bump stops,not sure, i believe there are about 6 bolts you have to remove to get out the assembly.
    can't please everybody.

I don't want to hear it. I want fogs!

MRT
    http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=129461

Comment

it isnt that hard. i didnt have to cut anything. i just did mine 2 days ago.. but dont forget a camber kit and alignment
      278 whp 266 wtq.
      build thread. CLICK HERE
      http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=126819

Comment

Important materials:

- PB Blaster
        - Spring Compressors

1993 Honda Accord LX 2004-2009
        1996 Honda Civic LX 2009-2012
        2012 Kia Optima LX 2012-2013
        2010 Honda Accord EX-L V6 2013-2018
        2007 Honda Fit Sport 2017-2017
        2018 Honda Accord EX-L 2.0T 2018-20XX

Comment

trust me, it isnt so bad. the upper rears are sorta a pain to get to.
          I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

lowering 4dr accord

i got coilovers on it now but just wanted to know if i could add anything else to help with my handling and everyday driving that won't that clean my pockets but willing to spend

Comment

rear sway and a stiffer sidewall tire.
              I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

Spray up all your bolts w/ pb the day before you decide to do it and spray them again right before you do it. Bring your old AND new setup to a shop and have them set u up. It isnt a bad job if you know what your doing.

Comment

anything under a 2" drop you wont need a camber kit

Comment

Thanks guys. The drop is minor.

im going to do the rear first since it seems its more a PITA than the front

Comment

actually i thought the rears were the easiest.
                      make sure you have the top hat straight or else you'll have a difficult time trying to straighten it out when the spring is putting so much force on the top hat.

Comment

I was thinking about the broken bolt head and frozen bolt to bushing i am seeing when i do some research.

Comment

Originally posted by jhoff_cb7 View Post
                          anything under a 2" drop you wont need a camber kit
                          what about a 2in drop, will you need a camber kit?

Comment

It's not bad man. Just get in there and get to work. You'll be okay.

Spring compressor will be helpful for sure. Everything I do takes me forever since I've never done it. But I always get it done. So you can too.
                            Click for my ride thread.

Comment

Working...
                            X