Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

ANY BUYING/SELLING IN THIS FORUM WILL RESULT IN AN INSTANT BAN!

Read the rules: http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=43956

Myself, and the other mods have been very nice and lenient with the rules. We have been deleting threads, and giving out warnings. Some members didn't get the clue and re-posted over and over... Now ANY member buying or selling in this section will be banned... No IF's AND's or BUT's.
2 of 2 < >

Beginner Forum Rules - EVERYBODY read! (old and new members alike!)

Beginners start here. Once you have 30 worthwhile posts (off topic doesn't count) you may post outside of the Beginner forums. Any "whoring" (posting simply to raise your post count) will return your count to 0, or result in a ban.

These are the rules. Read them. Live by them.

1) Absolutely NO flaming! "Flaming" is an outright attack on a member. ALL questions are encouraged to be asked here, no matter how basic. Members with over 30 posts will be subject to a ONE WEEK ban if caught flaming in this forum (and yes, moderators can read deleted posts). Members with under 30 posts will be subject to a ONE DAY ban.

2) Use appropriate language. Racial or sexual slurs will not be tolerated. A ban will be issued at the discretion of the cb7tuner.com staff.

3) No items may be sold in the Beginner forums. Any "for sale" threads will be deleted.

4) Temporarily banned members will be PERMANTLY banned if they are found posting on another account.

The rules can and will be added to. Any updates will be marked in the title.

The rules for the overall forum can be found here:
http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=144
Read them. You will be expected to follow them.
See more
See less

F22A1 Boggs during heavy acceleration after 4K and has rough idle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F22A1 Boggs during heavy acceleration after 4K and has rough idle

So I had this issue with my Stock motor I bought the car and noticed after I bought it that it would bog hard if I stepped on it so I looked up several different fixes but took off the intake and got to the fuel filter to change it that was going to be my first step I stripped the threads on the fuel filter with the bolt for the fuel line to the injectors so it went in once but I had some wires crossed up so I couldn’t reinstall the intake and air filter but I drove the car around with out changing anything and was able to rev past 4K rpms with no issues before it would bog and kind of just get stuck like it hit the limiter but I had to take the fuel line off again to get all the lines uncrossed to be able to put the intake but not I can’t put the bolt back in because the threads on the filter are stripped so I’m trying to get it off I got stalled because I don’t have a flare but wrench the flare nut started stripping so I stopped using using combination wrenches until tomorrow so I can get a set of the right wrenches a new fuel and air filter I might take the intake and filter from my crashed 96 Prelude S with F22 any thought on getting that flare nut that connect the line to the filter and gas tank

I honestly can’t follow a word of that.
    Does your check engine light ever come on?

Comment

What? Use a damn pair of vice grips.

.’s & ,’s

Please use them

Comment

*edit*
        Last edited by illinois_erik; 03-31-2018, 11:40 AM.

Comment

So I got the fuel filter off used a crescent to hold the filter went and got a 14mm flash nut wrench 7$ at autozone got the nut off I had to spray it like crazy with wd40 and use a breaker bar on the wrench to get it off and finally it came off I went and grabbed the fuel filter off my 96 S prelude and the Air intake (which turns out it doesn’t fit it’s too big it’s aftermarket air intake ) the fuel filter was exact same though except the mount was different used my old mount bolted it back up put the stock intake back connect everything and it still chokes at 4K rpm like there’s a slight fuel cut off or something and bogs if I rev gently it will rev past 4K no issue still has kind of a rough idle but yesterday went I hooked that old fuel filter and drove it with no air intake it ran like a dream for a few minutes then wanted to die out and bogged super hard

Comment

No check engine light I might swap the intake manifold to the one on my 96 prelude S it only had 147k compared to the 294k on the accord if that doesn’t work I might start working on swapping the whole motor over but it looks like this motor has been well taken care of it has a new head gasket but I don’t know if that the only thing they replaced I even have a H23 non vtec intake manifold I can use because I’m swappping a H22 into my 93 si prelude which also has 140 something miles before I blew the oil pump

Comment

Erik I really want your image to work as I know it’ll make me laugh. Please fix it

Edit: Intake manifolds aren’t really a wear item. They get dirty sure, but swapping it is a waste of time I think..

Motors are for Tesla - Engine. Double check your timing.
              Last edited by F22Chris; 03-31-2018, 04:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by F22Chris View Post
                Erik I really want your image to work as I know it’ll make me laugh. Please fix it

Edit: Intake manifolds aren’t really a wear item. They get dirty sure, but swapping it is a waste of time I think..

Motors are for Tesla - Engine. Double check your timing.
                lol its that darn webp image format
                i too was thinking timing is off a tooth or two

Comment

Intake manifold aren’t a wear item so why do the EGR passages get clogged on them from carbon build up on these models? Well that’s my next step in fixing this, waste of time? could be but I won’t know until I try it so if any body has some real advice to get my car to rev to it full potential of 6k Rpm before redline I’m all ears I don’t need people trolling or telling me I’m wasting my time changing parts out I have 2 full parts engines A 96 prelude S with F22A and 93 Prelude Si with H23 parts aren’t gonna cost me a thin I have a lot of spare ones I have both ecu to the preludes everything

Comment

You remove the caps and clean the passages.. You don’t replace the whole damn intake for that. I DID give you real advice “double check your timing”. I guess it was hard for you to read since I used punctuation.

A dead miss at high RPM is usually ignition related, but you have fun replacing shit that doesn’t need to be.

Let us know when it starts to lose compression so you can tell us you’re going to change your brake pads.

Comment

I know how to clean them I just don’t want to do it when I have another set that turns out has been cleaned already so I stopped re-evaluated and just then my homie gives me a call talking about his new buy B18C type r so we start talking and then I tell him about this problem next thing I know I’m taking the ecu out gonna give this a try before I change out the intake mani so I will let you know what happens later today after I swap in the new P12 ecu into it

Comment

Spark plugs and wires are next after ecu then distributor gonna use the one off my prelude S

Comment

So you have a choice, listen to your homie or listen to us .

Comment

EGR is only activated at low load/throttle input IE: cruising. when the ports are a problem youll get a subaru sounding exhaust note putting around. Its probably been neglected and the runners are loaded with oil schmoo from the pcv valve passing it through. Pull manifold and soak it in a tub of acetone or gaz-o-leen for a couple days and knock the shit off with a nylon or brass brush.
                            Its an engine since you seem well versed in how they operate do what you would do with any other internal combustion engine, same ball of wax.
                            cHeck for vacuum leaks. sounds like timing tho, like its a tooth retarded. usually when its off a tooth advanced itll idle fine, drive like crap till about 2800 rpms then runs like a scalded ape.

Last edited by illinois_erik; 03-31-2018, 09:58 PM.

Comment

So I got the ecu out of my prelude and connections are different so that was a no go stereo plugged right in tho so now I have to start working on the intake manifold

Comment

Working...
                              X