1st Place!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st Place!!!

I finally got to take my car auto crossing for the first time ever! I got first place in my class, C Race, but I can't brag too much...There was only one other guy in my class. Anway, I did ok for my first time out. Can't wait to get my strut bars and traction bar from ESP.net. Best of all, I didn't hit any cones! Gotta get my lap times shaved down though...

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthre...=1#post1823428

My Custom BB6 Dash Swap Thread

Congrats! Never heard of C-class thats not scca is it? I just got new kumho ecsta XS's and a whole new suspension (still have to install the rear sway) I plan to go the sunday after next. It will be my first event too!
    Originally posted by deevergote
    ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
    Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
    Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
    04 WRX stg 2 sedan
    Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

No, not SCCA. It's Madison Sports Car Club. I'd like to maybe hit up the SCCA Fast Honda cup at Miller Park on a weekend MSCC has no event going. We'll see...

Comment

thats bad ass i always wanted to do auto-x i think with my next cb7 i will you got pics of the event?

Comment

Holy crap wherm your from wisconsin too lol. I will be at the next auto-x event at miller park its in 2 sundays or this coming sunday? idk you should come!

In the past 2 months like 2 cb7tuners out of WI cropped up. Thats like a record. I was the only one for quite some time haha.

.:EDIT:. you've been around since 06 too? wtf lol.
          Last edited by myk; 06-15-2009, 01:22 AM.
          Originally posted by deevergote
          ..It's not cheap to build a fast CB7, especially NA. However, if you're willing to put the money into the car, it's well worth it in the end. There ARE faster cars out there, but some people, like me, want THIS particular car to be fast!...
          Sold to:tanNn2koo,9tAkord,ThrakBarts,nahmo,andrizzle,or anger
          Bought from:93a-lude, bruno8747, soysauce

1993 H22A cb7 <3 miss you
          04 WRX stg 2 sedan
          Current - 02 WRX stg 2 wagon

Comment

Originally posted by myk View Post
            Holy crap wherm your from wisconsin too lol. I will be at the next auto-x event at miller park its in 2 sundays or this coming sunday? idk you should come!

In the past 2 months like 2 cb7tuners out of WI cropped up. Thats like a record. I was the only one for quite some time haha.

.:EDIT:. you've been around since 06 too? wtf lol.
            Sorry bout the late post...I forgot about this thread. Anyway, I used to live on 24th and Morgan, not too far from South Ridge mall, practically across the street from Southgate, if it's still there. I have friends that used to go to the the miller park autox, I might start next summer. For now, I'm just hitting up the Madison Sports Car Club events. I'll be at Sugar River Raceway this coming sunday.

Comment

did you know...

You can file receipts for car parts on you taxes???

You can do this as long as you win 1st in some kind of competition.
              My buddy was telling me about this, but it is only in some states.

Still if I kept all my receipts and filed for em with taxes....
              I would have one hooked up Accord!
              MadLab Racing
              Southern Maryland

Comment

dude i live in wisconsin,

i live across from mayfair mall

we should all meet up this weekend and crusie?

Comment

Originally posted by 91accorddxbuds View Post
                  dude i live in wisconsin,

i live across from mayfair mall

we should all meet up this weekend and crusie?
                  Sorry I missed this message...I was out of town visiting relatives. We could meet up sometime. I'm autocrossing at Sugar River Raceway tomorrow. Starts at 7:30, open to anyone.

Comment

Hell yeah good job. Even if you only had one other person you were competing against you still won. You got first place at an aut-x event and doughboy just got first place at the charity event he went to. Making Deve proud lol. Congratulations though.

Comment

Update!!!!!!

The Sugar River Raceway event was awesome. It was held at a track where they run 55mph go-karts. We ran the course in reverse direction, and it was the first "road course" event I've attended. I had a blast and I was only 5.4 sec behind Fast Time Of Day, which was 44.9xx done by a guy driving a Mazda RX7 with a LS1 motor swap and R-comp tires. Overall, I was 40th out of 73 cars total.

I think I can be very competitve with these upgrades:

Camber kit Talked out of this by G-Man
                      Strut Bars
                      Track Tires
                      LSD
                      Final Drive

That's on the menu for this winter, we'll see how it goes and what kind of improvements I see next summer. For now I'll just run what I have. I do have the strut bars coming already from ExplicitSpeedPerformance.net. Hopefully next week!
                      Last edited by wherm; 07-28-2009, 09:58 PM.

Comment

Can I get an AMEN for WHERM! Good job man.

Comment

Congrats! Now get some video!
                          PT3/6 Development Thread | My 1991 LX Coupe | DIY: 90-93 Tcu Fix

Comment

Forget about a camber kit, those only remove camber, you want more camber.

Congrats on the 1st place, but how many other people were also in the same class?

Also not sure about your club and classing, but in SCCA classes adding an LSD or final drive will put you in a class with some pretty well prepped cars.
                            Gary A.K.A. Carter
                            [sig killed by photobucket]

Comment

Originally posted by The G-Man View Post
                              Forget about a camber kit, those only remove camber, you want more camber.

Congrats on the 1st place, but how many other people were also in the same class?

Also not sure about your club and classing, but in SCCA classes adding an LSD or final drive will put you in a class with some pretty well prepped cars.
                              Unfortunately there's only one other guy in my class, I mentioned it in my first post, so I'm not trying to brag but this club is much different than SCCA from what I've heard from other guys. I am already in the highest class for the MSCC which is CR, or C Race. I am given a certain number of points/mod and I was given 20 points. Anything over 18 puts you in a race class. A, B, and C are determined by engine displacement. I guess since I only have one other guy to compete against, I gotta go all out with my mods and try to capture Fast Time of the Day. There's an SCCA autocross in Milwaukee that'll I'll probably start attending next summer.

Thanks for the advice on the camber kit...I guess I was thinking you could go both ways with a camber kit. I don't want my car too much lower, but maybe I'll try it and see if I can get more negative camber that way. I barely have any at all. What you you do?

Comment

Working...
                              X