CB7Tuner Forums

Go Back   CB7Tuner Forums > Beginner forum -- New members post here! > Beginner Technical/Performance

Old 09-03-2018, 09:25 PM   #1
F20BturboCB9
Newcomer

F20BturboCB9 is cool... so far.
Base Timing For Boost

Hi guys, first off I just want to say hello, as I am new here on the forums. Although I am new here, I have had my 92 CB9 for 8 years now and it has been a pretty long journey, which leads me to my question. Right now I have an F20B in it, it is turbo'd and ran by an S300. My question is, do I have to take timing away from the base timing and sync it to the S300 or do I set it to what the factory spec is, which I think is like 18 degrees and then sync it to the S300 and just take the -0.75 to -1.25 per lb of boost off the map? Thanks in advance for any replies and I will try to post up some stuff on it in the beginners picture section once I figure out how to add pictures.
F20BturboCB9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2018, 01:49 AM   #2
jamin_jacob
CB7tuner Member

jamin_jacob is cool... so far.
it should not matter as long as you double check the timing with a timing light before you sync it
Old 09-04-2018, 06:59 PM   #3
F20BturboCB9
Newcomer

F20BturboCB9 is cool... so far.
Basically I went to the set timing feature in the sManager, put 13 in the box, and then set the distributor to 13 with the timing light and then confirmed it back in the sManager. I have actually been driving it for awhile now and it seems to run great. In all of the datalogs I have never seen it knock. AFR's and EGT's look great also. I guess I just wanted some reassurance, lol. Thank you very much for your reply.
F20BturboCB9 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boost , f20b , s300 , timing

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: