Announcement

Collapse

Please DO NOT Post In The General Section

From this point on until otherwise briefed, posting in the general section of Performance Tech is prohibited. The only thing to remain here will be the stickies. We would just delete this section, but that would cause unintended results.

The majority of the threads created can appropriately be placed in one of the Performance Tech sub-forums or Technical; and the posting of them here is detrimental to the activity of said forums. If you have any questions about where you need to place your thread PM me or one of the other mods.

For the most part you all have caught on without this post, but there have been a few habitual offenders that forced me to say this.

Everyone will get a couple of warnings from here on out, after that I just start deleting threads.

Again if you have any questions, PM me or one of the other mods.
See more
See less

The "New Build" bigger and better

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "New Build" bigger and better

Well it went BOom! on my previous block i droped a valve when the engine over revved to 8k it was bad

so here is the list of the new build tell me what you think:

f22a1 with forged internals and block guard
    h23a1 head fully ported and polished with five angle valve job
    h23 manifold port matched
    Arp head studs and main studs
    aem fuel rail
    680cc precision injectors
    hondata s100
    t3 t4 hybrid
    tial 38mm wastegate
    3" stainless downpipe
    custom exhaust manifold

im hoping to put down at least 350whp at 9psi before i made 210whp and 205 tourqe on a block with 230000 miles on it so we will see

GOT BOOST???

massive part out on accord almost everything is going

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=125294

Your Parts list dosent say much at all.

I think it pointless to waste money on forged internals if you dont sleeve the block. You wont make 350hp for long on a stock block.

H23 head, Any head work besides porting? Valve upgrades?

Turbo? t3/t4? What does that mean? Thats no size. Thats just the style. Thats like saying I have a size 10 shoe. What does that mean? Give us a size turbo and type and we can better help you achieve your goal.

Comment

Why cant the stock sleeves hold up to that kind of power? i would figure if i was shooting for 500 plus then i would need to do that.

the head has new valves and retainers stock cams though.... i got it from jeimportperformance the other day they have done most of the custom work for me and the tuning

as for the turbo size 50a/r compressor 63 a/r turbine 57 trim its the ebay special but it works fine i had the compressor wheel balanced

as far as the internals i have

wiseco pistons 85.5mm Bore
      Rods Pauter Chrome Moly Billet rods
      Race enginering block guard

The main bearing caps i am having cryo treated

GOT BOOST???

Comment

Originally posted by bruno8747
        Your Parts list dosent say much at all.

I think it pointless to waste money on forged internals if you dont sleeve the block. You wont make 350hp for long on a stock block.

H23 head, Any head work besides porting? Valve upgrades?

Turbo? t3/t4? What does that mean? Thats no size. Thats just the style. Thats like saying I have a size 10 shoe. What does that mean? Give us a size turbo and type and we can better help you achieve your goal.
        stock sleeves have been known to handle 400whp without an issue. (with forged pistons/sleeves)

the F22 block is way stronger than people give it credit. It's the stock pistons/rods that suck. But even then, they can handle a beating if they're in good shape.

CrzyTuning now offering port services

Comment

one question that i do have is what head gasket should i use to put the h23 head to the f22 block? I heard that i need to plug an oil drain passage on the head and to us an f23 head gasket??

GOT BOOST???

Comment

just a couple suggestions for you...

1. blockgaurds are junk. dont waste your money.
            2. i personally made over 400whp on stock sleeves. if your cylinders are in good shape and measure out to spec, leave them alone.
            3. use a f23 head gasket for your build, and seal possible problem areas where the oil drains back to the block with hondabond.
            4. you will not make 350whp on 9psi, unless you spend serious money on head work, and even then it may not happen. my old f22/h23 made 310whp at 13psi with a t67 turbo...
            5. you could save some money by tuning with crome instead of hondata, crome is free, and all you need is a socketed p06 ecu.

you should have no trouble making 400whp on the stock sleeves, as long as you stay under 24psi....the injectors may max out before then also.

good luck man, if you have more questions, ask

btw, nice job installing the intercooler!

instagram @mikeymeyagi

Comment

thanks for the suggestions lodollar btw
              i got the pistons rods and block guard for $500 so thats why i have the blockguard.
              so do you suggest using it or no?
              Also i think i have serious headwork with a 5 angle valve job and fully ported and polished intake manifold but i have the stock cams.
              I also already have the hondata installed in my car from before when it actually ran .
              i will post pictures hopefully tomorow of what it looked like before and after.
              and i have to get this done in about a month because i am moving to florida for work.

GOT BOOST???

Comment

[IMG][/IMG] here are some old pics of the intercooler install and a picture of the h23 head
                [IMG][/IMG]
                [IMG][/IMG]

GOT BOOST???

Comment

dont even think about a block gaurd man. it will kill your block again.
                  miss my turbo cb7
                  moved onto volvos. dont know how that happened, just did

Comment

Originally posted by quickangel93
                    dont even think about a block gaurd man. it will kill your block again.
                    ok so why would they make block guards if they arent even worth using?

GOT BOOST???

Comment

Why do they make tornados?

Comment

I was just asking why it would hurt the block???

GOT BOOST???

Comment

i believe it creates pressure in areas that werent meant to handle pressure...

Comment

people dont know how to install block guards...

if you tap it in, it will distort the sleeves/block. even a thousand's of an inch can harm the motor.

the proper way would be to tear the entire motor apart
                            1. disassemble
                            2. tig weld the block guard on deck
                            3. surface and true deck it (just in case the deck/block got warped)
                            3. hone the block with a torque plate
                            4.reassembly

because if the walls are warped even a couple thousand's of an inch, you could get excessive side to side wear and eventually you will lose pressure in the cylinder(s)
                            I <3 G60.

0.5mm Oversized Stainless valves and bronze guides available. Pm me please.

Comment

A lot of the times, the block guard is made of a slightly different metal than your cylinder sleeves. That causes different expansion rates, which can end up with messed up walls.

Also, a blockguard only protects the top of the cylinders. You need something to protect near the middle of the sleeve.

They can also, and do cause cooling problems.

They have to be installed correctly, something not anyone can do. All it takes is a few mm deep on one side for there to be enough pressure on one side for the sleeve to crack or warp.

Comment

Working...
                              X