New Setup..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Setup..

So i am finally ready(caught up with some bills) to buy a new camera setup up. Use to have a Xti and wanna step up from that. So my plan was to get a 50D thru Canons CLP program. Pretty much trade in a broken P&S and get 20% knocked off a refurb. so i would be getting the 50D with the kit lens 28-135IS for 700 shipped to my door. not bad i think. and usually the body is perfect and has very very low clicks. So with that said they are out of stock and have to wait. Stumbled across this deal last night from a remember on a photography forum(POTN)

Gripped Canon 50D (BG-E2)
    Really Right Stuff L Bracket
    28-135 (kit lens)
    50 1.8
    Tamron 17-50 2.8 XR DiII
    4 Canon batteries
    Charger
    430EXII
    ThinkTank Street Walker HardDrive

... all for $1500 bucks. I think i have to jump on it. Only thing holding me back is the camera has about 28,000 clicks. Which some may think is alot and some say its good. What you guys think? i mean i think the rest of the package is pretty good and i may use this for now and get my skills level up then maybe get a 7D or even a FULL FRAME later.

My previous Package i put together

50D with kit lens - 700
    Canon Battery Grip with 2 batteries -100
    2 8gb Sandisk 400x -80
    Case Logic SLR-309 backpack -65
    Sandisk card reader- 25
    50mm 1.8 - 100

Total -$1070

a 430 difference .. but i am getting an extra lens, a way better bag , the L bracket , 4 CANON batteries and a 430exII flash! Let me know what you guys think?

-LoS
    " The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred " - Soichiro Honda

Sounds like a great deal to me! Now show us some pictures from this deal.

1999 Honda Prelude
    Photography Site

Comment

If it were me, I'd go with that first deal. That flash is the deal breaker for me.
      I have been using old bounce flashes made for film cameras that I've picked up from thrift stores... but the recycle on those takes anywhere from 2 to 30 seconds depending on the battery charge and the power level of the flash.

Comment

Working...
      X